Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The Glitz Mixtape....Coming soon

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
When Zee supreme n the fat bitch was umm umm kissin I was in the booth spittin crack nigga listen, Cash don't remond me of that. 1st time I heard dat track I fell off my chair, yeah ima upload it soon, when I go 2 my cuzins crib.
Yo I respect da glitz don't get it twisted
9 tha Pedigree

spo0ky

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
How do we explain that cats like Konfab and Ben Sharpa cant get no airplay in SA but get mad play in the UK?

i was starting to be impressed. on some 'it' has a brain afterall...and then suddenly...the mask fell off...exposed...nig is stupid...wat a question...they only gettin madd play there because of their boy Damian...nothing else...

no. they getting airplay in the uk because they are hot, and because they fit within a niche that is established. a niche that is obliterated by majors and their lowest common denominator product in SA.

I very much agree with this. KONFAB and Ben Sharpa's sound is fresh and appeals to a very specific niche. In Europe, there are hordes of people out there who devote their musical life to finding the hottest new artists with the best freshest new beats out there. They simply do not accept mainstream music. When I saw Roots Manuva or any artists on Warp record label, it was packed solid. Same for all the drum 'n' ba** and jungle, it was amazing to see so many people coming up with their own new sound and being followed by people actively seeking for new styles.

As an observer, KONFAB and Ben Sharpa were down that road way before they hooked up with Dplanet. What about these deconstructed electro techno Sibot beats, or KONFAB's own production of electro influenced beats... Nobody is forcing anybody to go on any specific beats. What Dplanet has done is given them a platform through is beats to access a European platform who is more receptive to what their sound. How bad can this be? Don't you wish for all our artists to be successful, all over the world? What is wrong with getting airplay in the UK, especially when one doesn't get it in their own country due to very narrow-minded people...

I personally really enjoy the mix of influences they bring to each other, possibly one of the freshest most avant-garde combo out there in ZA.

I understand that it might not be of everybody's taste but that's why it is called niche. I personally don't dig copy of 90's jazz hip hop being served in 2007 but that is my personal taste and choice. If people are happy making this type of music, good for them. But in no way shall I impose my taste and choices upon someone else. I believe our artists will truly shine when they're true to themselves and make music they really believe in. As per Hype's new article on Ben Sharpa, I believe that is what he's set out to do: be true to himself. Love it or hate it.

Don't listen if you don't like... Or if you do, don't try to make everybody conform to what you personally think hip hop should be, rather find people who makes that type of music.

Peace,,

*spo0ky*

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
When Zee supreme n the fat bitch was umm umm kissin I was in the booth spittin crack nigga listen, Cash don't remond me of that. 1st time I heard dat track I fell off my chair, yeah ima upload it soon, when I go 2 my cuzins crib.

while brick wz fantasizin bout sum mccwww mcwww wit nthabi
i was in the booth spittin crack nigga LISTEN!!!!!!! ;D
@cash_sog

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
cash... im touched man. i cud feel ur heart man...  :'(

*fist 2 mouth, tear in eye

the truth..... the wonderful painful truth....

i, i, im speechless niggar. dis 1st tym i c u make sense in a serious topic. there's hope.  ;D

i'm drunk off that cheap a** JC le roux bullshit & this shit is funny, sad and true at the same time. i'm gonna go cop a monopoly disc right now...ummmm where the f#ck are those car keys again?
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
these AG cats always take it negatively when i speak the truth.
or express what i see is happening!
im glad others are standing up and sayin " Cash is right, we agree"
Thats what hiphop needs.
Pyro is a perfect example - he bought my shit cos i been marketing myself right here on AG. he dont even like me! but he copped the disc!
Sad thing is - I like Proverb, but i aint rushin to go cop his album anytime soon.
The last two albums i copped was Kanye n Fifty.
Do the maths,they marketing was tight!
the albums were tight!
the timing was right!
they created enough buzz!

Its not all about sales - but if u have a message to put across in ur music - the amount of attention u generate helps u spread ur message! thats the void these dudes are failing dismally to fill.
bottom line.
I aint hating!
but the truth is, MUCH MORE PEEPS is lookin out for MORALE than any of these cats who BEEN out!
Way more cats is lookin out for the Monopoly!

These dudes, the so called HOT cats got bodied by Flabba!
Meanwhile Jozi is makin real good moves! Competing with Other Artists from Other Genres! not jus limited to hiphop circles!

They actually bringin hiphop to the rest of the country(outside of 1970 - 1985 HEADS), as opposed to the Tumi's n Zubz'z who kwaito,house,afro pop,house, parents,younger kids,etc listeners would never give time of day! real talk!

we need a NEW ENERGY and vigour about our hiphop!
yall actin like them old a** geysers in the ANC! scared of lettin the young bucks redefine the struggle! yall still stuck in Apartheid mentalities!

I have this strange sense that im seen as the opposition on AG!
Im not!
Im on ur side! taking hiphop to the next level!
Arent u f***s tired of hiphop being overlooked and undermined!
If you are! Let me lead the New Era!
Let niggas like Morale, Koli the Kid,Sean Pages, K9 th Pedigree, Igho, Jozi...take this shit to new heights!
Let Proverb, Tumi,Zubz,Skwatta,Prokid,etc.fall a bit back, n guide the new generation by sharing honest and openly,the mistakes they have made and make sure the future dont repeat their errors!

Lets stop hatin on new cats for lookin fly(image wasnt so important then....the old cats made the mistake of not adapting to change, let the new cats embrace change!)

Lets not hate new cats for havin that swag(personality sells...the old cats didnt learn that fast enough! the shy rapper thing got played out! let us TALK our MINDS!)

Lets not hate new cats for havin more business savvy(contrary to popular local beleif,hiphop IS A BUSINESS! the old cats took it for granted,we cant repeat the mistake)

Lets not hate new cats cos they havin more fun(the older cats were too serious, when the music consumer generally jus wants to have a good time and party to music, not constantly be lectured!)

Lets not hate on Hiphop in America, Lets LEARN from them!(in any industry,sport,entertainment, business,etc...these guys are leading! we need to learn how they do it! only then we can do it better!) - niggas like sliqour are wrong when they say, their bastardised version of hiphop is more appealing to SA people, he lying! American hiphop is by FAR outselling local hiphop! No SA cat can fill up a venue....but ANY American Artist CAN! Lets stop lyin to ourselves and tell the new cats the TRUTH!

You know hes right, right!!

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
our father...who art in hip hop..save us from theses name trashing groupies.....if u know so much about the industry and selling records, why aint u platinum already.

Peace to Saudi west niggaz..KEEP MAKIN MOVES YALL HEADING SOMEWHERE

Zee-Supreme

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

Dont forget the stiff I gave ya moms....the gloves do come off...the love is done...see me when u see me
img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/soweto_photos/Doughboy_Avatar1.gif.jpg[/img]

Z MONEY BAGZ AKA DOUGHBOY SWAG>>>>AKA "IM BACK B!TCHES"

'SO SAY GOODNIGHT TO AG'S BADGUY'

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Zee was that last post about givin somebody's momma a spiff to me or to Cash?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:07:25 PM by French Toaster »
9 tha Pedigree

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
our father...who art in hip hop..save us from theses name trashing groupies.....if u know so much about the industry and selling records, why aint u platinum already.

Peace to Saudi west niggaz..KEEP MAKIN MOVES YALL HEADING SOMEWHERE
Not even ya father can save u from this tongue whuppin! ;)
Im not plat. but im livin like im plat!
That'll do for me! how u livin B? ;D
Now go 187 yaself! hahhahahhahhhhahaa

ps. Zee...i love it when u try to talk Gangsta, its so CUTE! like a lil YMCA boyband nigga turned rapper!!!! we still see the ho in u.hahahaha!
hahahhahahahaa. I bet u the one who came up wit tha name Gliteratti Pussy....oops, i mean Posse' ;D

jokes aside, apart from the gay name, Morale,Pages....n the rest of the click, keep reppin that shit! (can yall change the name tho?) ;D
@cash_sog

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
ps. Zee...i love it when u try to talk Gangsta, its so CUTE! like a lil YMCA boyband nigga turned rapper!!!! we still see the ho in u.hahahaha!
hahahhahahahaa. I bet u the one who came up wit tha name Gliteratti Pussy....oops, i mean Posse' ;D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

*not that I necesarily agree wit him, but its funny*
spread love in da music

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 ;D ooh so i sayin that u BELEIVE ZEE is GANGSTA!? ;D
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I don't normally agree with Cash, but I will say that I think that Glitterati Posse is perhaps the silliest name ever to be put forward in all seriousness by a rap crew.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile

Zee-Supreme

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
;D ooh so i sayin that u BELEIVE ZEE is GANGSTA!? ;D

first and foremost, I aint claim to be no gangsta .I still hold mines down...Cash you broke back mountain type thug. Go fix ur face...even Puffy endorses proactive nugga.... Put it this way I got a hundred for every bump on your face..... ;D
img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/soweto_photos/Doughboy_Avatar1.gif.jpg[/img]

Zee-Supreme

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Keep the hustle going Zee-Supreme. There is no music in SA right now that your
hustling cat who really has a f*** the law mentality can listen too.
We different like that...but yeah its all about whether people believe you or
they wana be you, thats the only way you gona move units, whether
conscious hip hop or hustler mentality hip hop! You really gotta connect with the
people. A lot of rappers here in  SA got skills but they fall short of the other
qualities......

Real Talk B....while ya were bickering.. Morale took No.1 Mixtape, Maggz took number 2 mixtape and that's just the half of the squad....Cash not listed... Young Zooloo school homeboy on the essence of humility. Know what we know and then play where we at...Otherwise, I appreciate the feedback no doubt.You keep hustling fam.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:23:48 AM by Zee-Supreme »