Africasgateway.com

The Glitz Mixtape....Coming soon

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Glitter up your a** and on the brain... ;D Just playing man.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:31:12 PM by rob_one »
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
@ Morale....yo this hate is tremendous... they jus clownin man

yo fam i sent u mail on facebook u get ma message get at me??

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

stix

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
wow this site wil neva change... To the New Era i suggest u stop waisting yo energy with niggas who dont understand change. personally i have given up on SA hip hop coz niggas is whack & they have no swagger. u cant expect me to cop Zuluboy & all these whack mcees coz they spit in vernac. shit is just whack. if morale & the monopoly sound american those r props tht means u can compare them to Jigga, 50 etc. i know 4 a fact that Zuluboy cud neva rap like cash but cash can rap in xhosa & his gud. if morale wanted he cud do vernac but shit aint selling & it has been proven... prokid is now doing kwaito(kwai hop) coz SA hip hop aint selling.

i wud luv 2 support SA hip hop like i support american hip hop but i cant coz the quality is just pathetic... u guys can fool yoselves & talk bout niggas perfoming overseas but be honest 60% of SA does not even know they exist... if i neva joined AG i wudnt know half the shit i know... all of yo'll have big heads & diss the same cats we c on tv namely morale(i am vid), monopoly ( please) and a few others like jozi, pro,proverb etc but the majority aint no where to be seen....

by the way this "american" bulllshit is getting boring coz not even 10% of this country listens to our  whack hip hop & rather the american hip hop... even our radio stations play american hip hop...

so to the new school cats keep it up i am 1 of the people who r tired of whackness & pips rapping in my langauge sounding like shit & expect to get props ngoba they rapping in zulu or xhosa or kombius afrikaans (proudly SA my a** 90% of this shit is whack)... & by the way heads i cant be wrong coz this is my opinion...
NU-SA APPAREL...rep where u from

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
wow this site wil neva change... To the New Era i suggest u stop waisting yo energy with niggas who dont understand change. personally i have given up on SA hip hop coz niggas is whack & they have no swagger. u cant expect me to cop Zuluboy & all these whack mcees coz they spit in vernac. shit is just whack. if morale & the monopoly sound american those r props tht means u can compare them to Jigga, 50 etc. i know 4 a fact that Zuluboy cud neva rap like cash but cash can rap in xhosa & his gud. if morale wanted he cud do vernac but shit aint selling & it has been proven... prokid is now doing kwaito(kwai hop) coz SA hip hop aint selling.

i wud luv 2 support SA hip hop like i support american hip hop but i cant coz the quality is just pathetic... u guys can fool yoselves & talk bout niggas perfoming overseas but be honest 60% of SA does not even know they exist... if i neva joined AG i wudnt know half the shit i know... all of yo'll have big heads & diss the same cats we c on tv namely morale(i am vid), monopoly ( please) and a few others like jozi, pro,proverb etc but the majority aint no where to be seen....

by the way this "american" bulllshit is getting boring coz not even 10% of this country listens to our  whack hip hop & rather the american hip hop... even our radio stations play american hip hop...

so to the new school cats keep it up i am 1 of the people who r tired of whackness & pips rapping in my langauge sounding like shit & expect to get props ngoba they rapping in zulu or xhosa or kombius afrikaans (proudly SA my a** 90% of this shit is whack)... & by the way heads i cant be wrong coz this is my opinion...

Can you honestly tell me that you think Driemanskap or Rattex are wack? Or that Jaak, KONFAB or Hymphatic Thabs are wack? As artists I believe they all have international quality. They might not conform to the typical US pop aesthetic, but that doesn't make them wack.

I agree that self-confidence is important, and that performers should have a certain swagger in order to be taken seriously. However, swagger is not just about posing in front of a Hummers, holding money clips or wearing Bathing Ape. Those are easy to replicate, superficial elements.

I agree with you that a lot of local music is not very good, and that people should not get props just for rapping in vernac. Personally, I don't blindly 'support local' just for the sake of it. However, I do believe that we have talented artists that do deserve support because they make dope music.

The fact that our radio stations don't play much local Hip Hop doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the quality of our music. Radio has to appeal to the broadest market demographic so they are not going to play anything too challenging, either aesthetically or politically. A rapper bragging about his possessions over a nice club beat conforms to simplistic mainstream ideology so radio are happy to play it.

Also, as I have mentioned before, Radio is beholden to the majors because the majors supply them with music. The majors aren't interested in signing or pushing local acts because they have already invested in international artists who they can just push into our market. It's called maximising investment.

One last thing; sounding American doesn't necessarily equate to success. That's like saying that if our local footballers started putting on Brazilian accents and wearing Brazilian clothes they'd be better players.

I'm not trying to make this an argument between the cats that rhyme in American accents and the vernac cats - we're all in this together after all. However, you should look deeper beneath the surface and differentiate between perceived commercial success and 'quality'.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
i think Konfab is aight.
Driemanskaap...that Meeeehhh track is GARBAGE! HAHAHHAHAHA! WTF? Mheee ;D
and altho Jaakx is aight. i cant stomach listening to a whole 4 minutes of a dude rapping in Afrikaans! it just dont feel good in my gut.
Hymphatic Thabs is a true reflection of  " Kids Dont Do drugs" REAL TALK!

Right now, im feeling Jozi, Morale, Proverb.....shit that u can LISTEN to in the CLUB, on RADIO, MTV, with YA GIRL, in th streets, in ya WHIP.

This yr i think we all need to focus on makin HIT RECORDS!
this whack shit thats not LISTENER FRIENDLY is KILLIN US!

All those artists u mentioned D(no disrespect to them,they are all talented hiphop artists, but...), havent made a HIT RECORD to save their lives!
matter fact...none of us HAVE REALLY! the last HIT RECORD was UMOYA -Skwatta Kamp, and Jozi are comin REAL close!!!!
lets focus!
HIT RECORDS PEOPLE!
HIT RECORDS!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

We do agree on something. I dig the Drie but Mhee was absolutely one of 07's worst songs.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

We do agree on something. I dig the Drie but Mhee was absolutely one of 07's worst songs.

Maybe, but Hamb'ubuza was one of the dopest ;)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i think Konfab is aight.
and altho Jaakx is aight. i cant stomach listening to a whole 4 minutes of a dude rapping in Afrikaans! it just dont feel good in my gut.
Hymphatic Thabs is a true reflection of  " Kids Dont Do drugs" REAL TALK!

Right now, im feeling Jozi, Morale, Proverb.....shit that u can LISTEN to in the CLUB, on RADIO, MTV, with YA GIRL, in th streets, in ya WHIP.

This yr i think we all need to focus on makin HIT RECORDS!
this whack shit thats not LISTENER FRIENDLY is KILLIN US!

All those artists u mentioned D(no disrespect to them,they are all talented hiphop artists, but...), havent made a HIT RECORD to save their lives!
matter fact...none of us HAVE REALLY! the last HIT RECORD was UMOYA -Skwatta Kamp, and Jozi are comin REAL close!!!!
lets focus!
HIT RECORDS PEOPLE!
HIT RECORDS!

Nothing wrong with hits, but there's a whole world of dope music out there that has nothing to do with chart success. Imagine a world where all musicians tried to replicate tried and tested formula because of the need to make chart hits? We'd lose the richness and variety of our musical culture.

You can make a living without making hits. I love the fact that there are people out there who actually care about the art rather than just aiming for the lowest common denominator.

Like I said, I'm not a music snob. All music has a time and a place. If I'm in a club getting my drink on I don't really want to hear Hymphatic. However, when I'm on my bike, riding on a mountain trail, The Age of Horus is perfect on my iPod. You might not feel his style, but you have to be very closed-minded not to appreciate the skills.

The bragging and banter is all good. When you've sold 1,000,000 units I'll be the first to congratulate you, but it won't change my mind about the quality of the artists I mentioned ;)

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
D, u are sounding real IGNANT niggga! u losin the whole point.
when i say HIT RECORDS, where does the FORMULA for BUBBLEGUM one hit wonder CHART music come into the conversation?

Commons Album Finding Forever had a lot of HIT RECORDS on it!
i dont think u view it as a bubblegum formula album. but it was no.1 on the Billboard CHATRS!!!!

Kanye's Graduation is CLa**IC - Cant tell me nothing is a HIT RECORD! Stronger is a HIT RECORD! Big Brother is a HIT RECORD!

50's I Get Money and Follow my Lead are HIT RECORDS!

When u say tried and tested formula, u gotta be specific. cos Kanye and Common have their FORMULA, which incorporates Commercial AND Artististic creativity!

U must be referring to the Souljah Boy "Make em Dance" Formula! thats not what i was sayin when i said HIT RECORDS!

Have u heard American Gangster, that was a FORMULA! and its the FRESHEST ALBUM THIS YR!

Chamillionaire got MAD HIT RECORDS on his joint! HIPHOP POLICE is a HIT RECORD!!!!

Lupe fiasco's Superstar is a HIT RECORD! He got the Highest numbers in SALES this week for HIPHOP!

These are good musicians elevating the art!
Hymphatic thabs is a talented MC! but he's a useless Songwriter, composer of GOOD songs! yes he can confuse u with BIG words. but thats not GOOD MUSIC or ART! its just WORDPLAY!

Driemanskap's Hamb'ibuza is not an anthem or a HIT RECORD! its just a nice track!

quote - if I'm in a club getting my drink on I don't really want to hear Hymphatic. However, when I'm on my bike, riding on a mountain trail, The Age of Horus is perfect on my iPod.
Now thats the difference between a HIT RECORD and a average track!
U can listen to Jay-z -ROC BOYS, Hard Knock Life, Heart of the City, Big Pimpin or Kanye's -Cant tell me nothing in the club, riding ya bike, chillin wit ya girl, watchin tv, on the block, in the gym. it has no specific time and place!
its HOT rgardless of the CLIMATE! it'll get u bumpin it,whether ur in a party mood OR jus chillin!
U dont have to be in THE RIGHT MOOD to FEEL IT! its jus BANANAS!!!
THATS A HIT RECORD! like Snoop n Dre's -Gin n Juice, MOST of Notorious BIGS work, Damn near EVERY OUTKAST TRACK! Swizz Beats fire on Touch IT,Tambourine,Drink n my Two Step,Gettin Bodied, Money in the Bank,ect.. T.I's - Big Shit Poppin,Bring Em out, Pac's - California Love, M.O.P's - ANTE UP!!! UGK's Players Anthem! The Game -One Blood, Timbo's whole f***ing catalog from Jay-z to One republic!!!

these are HIT RECORDS!
@cash_sog