Africasgateway.com

Coconuts

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Anybody see this on MNET the other day? I found it quite funny.. 1st SA sitcom I actually found myself laughing at... This friend I was with kept asking who the young girl in the blonde wig is? I didnt know... I think he wants to put her on smash.. in his words...'she could get it'... lol..
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
I don't see anything funny about waking up black.
I do that everyday.
& a black woman who becomes wealthy and moves into the "richer" area doesn't necessarily speak or act like 'that' other wife.
I was watching a special the other day about the role of black people in t.v. roles in the 80s and COONERY.
Then this came on.

I suspect it wouldn't fly on say an SABC 1 channel. But an 'Mnet' channel? Demographics. Think about that for a second. Why is it 'funnier' on Mnet? I find it insulting that it would be the most 'horrific, terrifying thing' to wake up and find your skin 'that' colour.
I think a show like Ice Cube's Black.White is important in this case. For those who've followedthat show, the white woman's understanding of black people during the 1st few episodes is basically IMHO the angle that the writers of this so-called "sitcom" are coming from.

Quite disappointed the lead male actor (don't remember his name) signed up for this COONery. I had a lot of respect for his world cla** talent in previous works. Real deal holyfield then goes participates in setting blacks on t.v. back 20 years.
Maybe he got excited about the 'special effects' thinking it was going to be like Black.White.
Maybe I'm just mad & projecting that onto this 'sitcom', but I don't think so. There's white people laughing all the way to the Bank with that Flavour Flav show, but I dig the show, so I think I got a sense of humour.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:40:21 PM by TNG »

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Ja**us chap! did u hear what that white biatch was sayin about black people on Black.White? she was so ignorant i had to sit in silence for a moment n realise how f***ED UP RACISM STILL IS!
i was appaled man! she had no clue she was wrong! even at the end of the show, Snow white was still sleepin!!!

Coconuts is funny tho.haha. but i agree to a degree with what u sayin T. shit wudnt fly on SABC 1. maybe SABC 3 tho!
@cash_sog

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yeah I must admit I was like the white husband..."no big deal, it's in some places not others, it's how you handle yourself", then to see the flipside, his wife's understanding unveiled and the fact that she truly believed she was right, had me thinking daaaamn. I was speechless too. Ignorance is dangerous.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Yoh! I hate dat show... Der js some things dat went a bit far... Well i ws in a bad mood wen i watched it tho, Guess dats y. Still, dey must leave dat ish t madam n eve or somethin. Shit wens th last time its bn on anyway.