Africasgateway.com

Sprite EMCEE Africa

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Yeah D... dude even went at Draztik didnt he? lol...
so let me get this straight... because I mentioned on this thread earlier about hearing a rumour that one of the finalist was addicted to either crack/heroin...

I heard Sharpa say... sumn like 'people think Im smoking crack with you..NOooo, Nooo..' at Adomiz. Same thing with Snazz.. exact same thing...

So whats happening out there in Yeoville huh? Are SA's rap icons on that white or what?
melanin latte suggested that Snazz and Adomiz share pipes (nullus)..? Why does everyone tip-toe around this issue... ?
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile

@ Ekks: I should have clarified earlier: what I meant was, are we ever going to get a seriously dope Snazz album? The dude can and has been a genius on stage (ever since Le Club days, I'm told) but when is that going to be translated into solid, consistent studio work?

U mean when is he gonna get a record deal, and get some funny as producers who will hook 'em up with those trashy keyboard beats?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
i thought the A.R.M was near cla**ic. Couple of joints that i wasn't feeling, but overall, one of the best releases to  come out of this country.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
I like that Dolly Parton jawn... that was the biz right there...

OK.. Imma just throw this out there...
is it possible that Snazz ir rolling with the wrong crew/management/producers etc.. And if thats the case... who can he get with to make his shit pop off.. cos obviously an 'underground cla**ic' seems like its not gonna cut it right now...
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
i thought the A.R.M was near cla**ic. Couple of joints that i wasn't feeling, but overall, one of the best releases to  come out of this country.

C/S....
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

yeah, many dope tracks on this album. Hottentot Hop, Accidental Hero (dope ) , Taxi Wars, Dolly Partin and more. a good album.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
and what was up with kaptain oh my kaptain or wat ever he calls himself Mr hard boiled edwin, ben sharpa..... dude looked spooked.was he having butterflies...that was some lame freestyling coming from his a**....i knew them jibba jabba rhymes he scripts in the studio was garbage...thats why he cud not come str8 when he needed to be clear with the intelligence....

Yo dat dude Kaptin was straight wack. I remember Lord finese mentioned something about a freestyle battle move cud jeopardise u r carrier, seems Sharper was playing russian roulette when he took part here. Like eraze done said, dude looked like he was unaware what the battle thing was about, for someone who "apparently" does shows overseas and shud be able to impress a crowd he came off rather wack. f*** the excuse dat he ain't a battle Mc and shit, as an Mc u shud be able to stand u r ground when in a battle arena even if u don't come out tops. For a nigger that does write "intelligent' rhymes, he shud have been more dope than others since it seems he reads a lot and has information which he cud have used against his opponents. There where two Captains battling, Captain beer was the sharpest of them all.lol

Y'all sound like haters...

How did Kap 'not stand his ground'?

All the best MCs in the world have been beaten in battles. Doesn't mean shit unless that's what you stake your reputation on. It might not be Kap's speciality, but he's still better at it than most MCs in this country.

It also has no bearing on the quality of his album. Sharpa is, IMO, the most talented and original MC in SA hip hop. You ain't in touch with reality if you think losing to Adamiz in a battle is gonna effect his career.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Yeah.. co-sign D...
I used to chill with sharpa back in 97 98 @ UCT.. we used to freestyle for hours on end. Half the emcees in this country dont have an ounce of the skill that Sharpa has...

Oh.. I forgot the other lil' nugget of entertainment from what I saw.. during the interviews leading up to the battles... they interview Zuluboy... who Ive met and chatted to on several occasions. Something I didnt realize.... my brother and I were rolling on the floor laughin @ how 'larney' his accent was..

I had to laugh @ that..

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
and what was up with kaptain oh my kaptain or wat ever he calls himself Mr hard boiled edwin, ben sharpa..... dude looked spooked.was he having butterflies...that was some lame freestyling coming from his a**....i knew them jibba jabba rhymes he scripts in the studio was garbage...thats why he cud not come str8 when he needed to be clear with the intelligence....

Yo dat dude Kaptin was straight wack. I remember Lord finese mentioned something about a freestyle battle move cud jeopardise u r carrier, seems Sharper was playing russian roulette when he took part here. Like eraze done said, dude looked like he was unaware what the battle thing was about, for someone who "apparently" does shows overseas and shud be able to impress a crowd he came off rather wack. f*** the excuse dat he ain't a battle Mc and shit, as an Mc u shud be able to stand u r ground when in a battle arena even if u don't come out tops. For a nigger that does write "intelligent' rhymes, he shud have been more dope than others since it seems he reads a lot and has information which he cud have used against his opponents. There where two Captains battling, Captain beer was the sharpest of them all.lol

All the best MCs in the world have been beaten in battles. Doesn't mean shit unless that's what you stake your reputation on. It might not be Kap's speciality, but he's still better at it than most MCs in this country.

It also has no bearing on the quality of his album. Sharpa is, IMO, the most talented and original MC in SA hip hop. You ain't in touch with reality if you think losing to Adamiz in a battle is gonna effect his career.

AM sorry if it sounds like am sabotaging his image or hating on him. Am stating facts from  what I saw last night on TV, dude was str8 wack, he was the only cat that choked at one point/ was out of words. I think him making it to the last 8 cats was just protocol, peeps are always complaining that he ain't being shown sum love in his country and all, so I guess Channel O gave him that shot, plus how can u leave out a cat who was on the cover of HYPE?  I still dig Sharper though, that police track (hegemony) or whateva it is, is one of the greatest shit I bumped last year.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

AM sorry if it sounds like am sabotaging his image or hating on him. Am stating facts from  what I saw last night on TV, dude was str8 wack, he was the only cat that choked at one point/ was out of words. I think him making it to the last 8 cats was just protocol, peeps are always complaining that he ain't being shown sum love in his country and all, so I guess Channel O gave him that shot, plus how can u leave out a cat who was on the cover of HYPE?  I still dig Sharper though, that police track (hegemony) or whateva it is, is one of the greatest shit I bumped last year.

it's all good,,, you're just stating your opinion and i'm stating mine,,, that's what we're here for ;)

and yeah,,, it was funny how posh zuluboy sounded :)

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
Im not really into emo rap... maybe thats why... Dude just got carried away.. calling out Lee and all other type shit that had nothing to do with the battle..

u cats is lame and plain stupid..he didnt go at LEE he was f***ING freestyling and lee and her gangsta self happened to be standing next to him so he jus was spittin wat was in his environment...wat the f*** is wrong wit u..so wat he mentioned draztic howi s that goin at himm...and so wat if he went at him its a freestyle battle everything goes...the smart snazz was talkin bout his gal and her not using tampons and such...u aint cryin about that..f*** f*** f***...
cry cry cry....admus ad the maths or wat ever his name is was dope....f*** wat u say..he was the best... he shud have won...snazz jwon coz peeps is dick riding.... his frees wher nice but not wat i wud want to stand in the crowd for...he didnt bring it....him and his goin on beat....jibba jabba... like snazz but....his entertainment value was pretty f***in low.... ad the mathematics was on point....tho he mad ugly for TV...that why he lost....

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop

hard boiled edwin ben sharpa...got toasted... and f*** u, i think reputation has a lot to do with going to TV to freestyle so sharpa, did lose some fans, he didnt gain any from that performance,,, no matter wat u say D...

i like kaptain my kaptain....he good...but he got toasted...his not the 1st or last..but it happened to him on Tv...we saw it from zambia nigaa..... b sharpa...posing in mags with razor blades got cut...simple....

hate or no hate...he probably cried himself to sleep...sorry b sharpa...we still love u....u need a hug.. :D

i love hip hop..........................................

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

hard boiled edwin ben sharpa...got toasted... and f*** u, i think reputation has a lot to do with going to TV to freestyle so sharpa, did lose some fans, he didnt gain any from that performance,,, no matter wat u say D...

i like kaptain my kaptain....he good...but he got toasted...his not the 1st or last..but it happened to him on Tv...we saw it from zambia nigaa..... b sharpa...posing in mags with razor blades got cut...simple....

hate or no hate...he probably cried himself to sleep...sorry b sharpa...we still love u....u need a hug.. :D

i love hip hop..........................................

sounds like you need a hug.

if all you care about is battling, don't buy Sharpa's CD when it comes out. your loss.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Im not really into emo rap... maybe thats why... Dude just got carried away.. calling out Lee and all other type shit that had nothing to do with the battle..

u cats is lame and plain stupid..he didnt go at LEE he was f***ING freestyling and lee and her gangsta self happened to be standing next to him so he jus was spittin wat was in his environment...wat the f*** is wrong wit u..so wat he mentioned draztic howi s that goin at himm...and so wat if he went at him its a freestyle battle everything goes...the smart snazz was talkin bout his gal and her not using tampons and such...u aint cryin about that..f*** f*** f***...
cry cry cry....admus ad the maths or wat ever his name is was dope....f*** wat u say..he was the best... he shud have won...snazz jwon coz peeps is dick riding.... his frees wher nice but not wat i wud want to stand in the crowd for...he didnt bring it....him and his goin on beat....jibba jabba... like snazz but....his entertainment value was pretty f***in low.... ad the mathematics was on point....tho he mad ugly for TV...that why he lost....

Im tempted to put this in the 'most dumb shit on AG' thread...
but alas... and why exactly are you so aggy eraze... u madd doggie? lol...

Its called an opinion... Adomiz wasnt wack. He just wasnt better...
He was 'spitting whats in his environment' as you call it.. and Snazz was
using what he was saying againts him. Dont be dumb eraze...
your diatribe is trite at best... you've just contradicted yourself
a lot...

"the smart snazz was talkin bout his gal and her not using tampons and such...u aint cryin about that.."

when did I cry about anything...? Substantiate your claims dunn...
and c'mon... Snazz only said that cos Adomiz mentoned it first..
(which was wack anyway cos it had been said before).. and Im
an emcee too... Adomizs rhymes were not great.. no multi-syllable..
plus he looked like he was about to cry everytime someone mentioned
the crack... plus he didnt dispute the claims that he's a crack-head..
I agree with what Raiko said earlier on...the actual lyrics were weak.
Yes he was hype and aggresive and all that shit... he tried to diss
Snazz about having a baby and Snazz flipped in on him.. which
part of that dont you understand? He lost... and so did you eraze
for showin yourself to be an equally emotional knuckle-head..

f*** outta here

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
oh... and my homo friend... any guy who can call another guy out for how he looks... is gay..
what the f*** does it matter to you what Adomiz looks like..