Africasgateway.com

Sprite EMCEE Africa

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
I wonder how Words would fare against people like Iron Solomon, The Saurus, Math, Jin, Justice, Mac Lethal and other (skribblejam) winners like Sage Francis..

Personally Ive never seen anyone take Sage Francis out.. but when you check out those jumpoff.com battles.. its pretty obvious that we (SA) need to step our battle game up..
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
was this last night? who won, was it nice?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:39:22 AM by Watziznehm »

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Snazz took it.

Shit was whack as hell! Whack venue, whack sound, morafe...WHACK!!!

Words killed it proper, he too fresh!
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor

yeah. I thought it sucked too. Sound was terrible. I got there late though so I only saw the last 3 battles.. I heard something about Words ripping Proverb a new one (nullus) in a freestyle battle.. And I really hated how American some of these contestants sounded..
I think Snazz got lucky against Tito. Honestly. I dont think it helped either that the crowd kept boooing dude everytime he rhymed..
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
damn that sucks,.. good for snazz... how and who were the MC's?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i always thought snazz would win it on home turf. the odds were stacked against the rappers from outside SA.

re: bad sound etc - it's annoying that everything around local hip hop has to be so third-rate,,, it doesn't do our industry any justice.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
^^
Snazz vs Tito, i feel you, but Snazz took the first 2 rounds hands down. Tito just had it on the last round, the one that counted i guess?

AAAAH what a whack a** venue? Looks like some joint where greek cats smash plates!

Yeah Pro got touched, words did a dope set. killed the freestyle shit thru out the gig. DOPE

The american accents were mad funny
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
broken porcelan everywhere? you funny greeks brake plates? so who was in the final with snazz?

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
but pro is on facebook saying he held his own against words....was he any mtch at all....like good competition or did he get all-out lynched?

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
who was the "wildcard' ?
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

LegalDrugMoney

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
<object cla**id="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="445" height="360" id="Zoom" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.zoopy.com/flvPlayerExt.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="newWidth=445&newHeight=360&id=8619&furl=www.zoopy.com" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src=" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="445" height="360" id="Zoom" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.zoopy.com/flvPlayerExt.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="newWidth=445&newHeight=360&id=8619&furl=www.zoopy.com" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src=" " FlashVars="newWidth=445&newHeight=360&id=8619&furl=www.zoopy.com" width="445" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" name="Zoom" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
but pro is on facebook saying he held his own against words....was he any mtch at all....like good competition or did he get all-out lynched?

I also read Pro's status on facebook saying he battled the legendary words and he held his own... Was there anybody who waz there that mayb, jst mayb videorized the Verb vs Words battle?.....

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Snazz took it.

Why am I not suprised, when we had the battles in Newtown ther was NO BATHROOMS NO WATER STANDS NO PLACe to just f***in get food! and then on a friday they place the battle near the CBD and expect people to get ther by 6? I was sitting in the traffic before losing my patients and turning around! But big up to snazz he represented and help it down for S.A big up!

My question is if they have a Battle africa 2 will as many mc's enter? knowing the shit that most went through this year? or will they enter on the greed for money factor?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Snazz took it.

Why am I not suprised, when we had the battles in Newtown ther was NO BATHROOMS NO WATER STANDS NO PLACe to just f***in get food! and then on a friday they place the battle near the CBD and expect people to get ther by 6? I was sitting in the traffic before losing my patients and turning around! But big up to snazz he represented and help it down for S.A big up!

My question is if they have a Battle africa 2 will as many mc's enter? knowing the shit that most went through this year? or will they enter on the greed for money factor?

who couldn't use $10,000.

i think channel O did an ok job. lots of room for improvement, but to be honest, the main let down was the standard of the emcees, not the production.