Sprite EMCEE Africa

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
Deacon Frost
phpBB AG Veteran

Somebody finna up that track they did

yeah, anyone have links with the producer?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
any signs of that goddamn track yet

That not good enough for ya?

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
The producer is Don Juan, he is talented as f***, but I dont like him on a personal level. I think yal shoul try sending an e-mail to Lee. lee@yfm.co.za
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:15:32 PM by French Toaster »
9 tha Pedigree

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
anyone seen the video to the snazzd/wordsworth track yet?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
just watched the final. it was pretty disappointing. there was only one nice round and it was from snazz. even wordsworth got excited and was on some, 'it's on now' shit. sadly that was as good as it got. it was the same problem as always. cats just don't respond enough to what's in front of them or what the other cat has just said. it's boring listening to endless varieties of 'you're wack'.

adamiz got himself all worked up and popped off too early. it was disappointing how easily he was taken out. he needs to expand his game beyond just the crazy aggression and the foul lyrics (which i have to admit are nice, even if they are obviously pre-written) - it's too easy to mimic and dismantle.

just on the fashion side, it was funny seeing everyone dissing the dude wearing bape when everyone was baped up thanks to hip hop connexion. 

overall i guess snazz deserved to win because he was the only dude that came up with two memorable rounds of really clever battle raps in the whole competition.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
I think the round between snazz and teeto was not fair...coz the crowd were not objective...(i aint sayin snazz wasnt better), but teeto (the nigerian dude) came with some mad punches.... and that guy could have won too.... Is it me...or did that dude's agression remind you of "Poppa Doc" from 8 mile... How many times did he say "Nigga i f*** you up"!!  but i was for teeto on that round!! But overall Snazz is a beast...and based on consistency i guess he deserved it!

But man verb was rude as hell to that other dude from TZ...just cut the dude off..and said dont waste our time... i was like "EISH!!" nigga came all the way from TZ to get cut off... that in my opinion was cold... just coz u didnt like the guys flow dont mean u gotta disrespect tha nigga like dat!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I think the round between snazz and teeto was not fair...coz the crowd were not objective...(i aint sayin snazz wasnt better), but teeto (the nigerian dude) came with some mad punches.... and that guy could have won too.... Is it me...or did that dude's agression remind you of "Poppa Doc" from 8 mile... How many times did he say "Nigga i f*** you up"!!  but i was for teeto on that round!! But overall Snazz is a beast...and based on consistency i guess he deserved it!

But man verb was rude as hell to that other dude from TZ...just cut the dude off..and said dont waste our time... i was like "EISH!!" nigga came all the way from TZ to get cut off... that in my opinion was cold... just coz u didnt like the guys flow dont mean u gotta disrespect tha nigga like dat!

Yeah man,,, that was cold of Proverb. Unprofessional too. Dude was pretty wack but so were lots of other cats.

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
f***a channel o...that shyt was wack...had popcorn and shyt and all of a sudden they pull an old school SABC on us...a f***ing 'break in transmission'

why did Mizi have to defend those oke's sneakers?...probably owns a pair himself
Pro was jus arrogant...doesn't he have "patients/ce like hospital beds"
and oh...may WAXXY burn in hell for playing Souljah boy soon afta that...nigga has no respect
IM AM SCARED OF ADOMIZ...REALLY SCARED
 am hell behold!

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i feel u D, its a great concept, reality is, at the end of the day hiphop will always be exactly what it is. a form of expression.
and u can never place any concrete rules on expression(Such as " SA RAPPERS MUST RAP in a certain way and not in another")
bcos u will then become THAT LIMITING FACTOR ur talkin about!

So let it be! Anybody from birth, has the freedom to express themselves however they choose.

Yes,there are a million ways to justify each point of view.
But at the end of the day, i'll jus sit on both sides!
If u spit good with a SA accent(exept the coloured Afrikaans one - JOKES) and u nice! COOL!
If u got an American Accent and u NICE! COOL!

I personally grew up in an English speaking family,listened to RAP and watched a lot of American TV,MOVIES and hung out with similar niggas and families, and i grew up into the accent,swag,talk,walk,culture.

So im good with the accent! its not an issue. id be fakin if i tried to rap with an illiterate vernac accent. im way more comfortable with an American Accent.its how i grew up. and i grew up in SA,so it aint a US vs SA thing!

its jus a preference issue really.
u cant tell people what NOT to PREFER!

@MIZI
take this to the Round table

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
just watched the final. it was pretty disappointing. there was only one nice round and it was from snazz. even wordsworth got excited and was on some, 'it's on now' shit. sadly that was as good as it got. it was the same problem as always. cats just don't respond enough to what's in front of them or what the other cat has just said. it's boring listening to endless varieties of 'you're wack'.

adamiz got himself all worked up and popped off too early. it was disappointing how easily he was taken out. he needs to expand his game beyond just the crazy aggression and the foul lyrics (which i have to admit are nice, even if they are obviously pre-written) -

I think yall is missing the realness, one a few really can freestyle battle rap
I mean many mc's can have 1 battle unplanned, but in SA NO MC can go into a battle tournament unprepared(with prewrittens), and why is that wrong, why is it wrong when u go into any battle prepared, How come Bafana Bafana prepares for every match, how come u prepare to write a test but yall expect an Mc to be supernaturally intelligent and come up/string up some dope punchlines out of nowhere, come on yall,think about it, Even the freestyles Prokid did when he was still comming up on Metro were prewritten, cos I heard a verse he freestyled on T.bo Touch show on his latest Album.

My people dont expect Geniuses from rap smoking crack ni99as or otherwise cause that shit is impossible.

and Oh f*** the Accent, Rap ur English, when I hear it I gotta know its SA muthaf***er.

Beloe

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Gol D FuSer
    • View Profile
Word up, tarstar i dont agree with your MC critique. "Battle MC" its a title given to those MCs who choose to delve into & try to excel at that battling thing. Almost every MC who enters these things, by way of their discography, is inclined towards this part of the art & shows no problems with repping it in ciphers around their boys & any places were you could get(potentially big)money. They claim maaaaad much in their scripts, as a hip-hop head i feel it should only be natural to expect(an mc)them to excel at this art they so brazenly claim.

to answer your ?uesto:

How come ya'll expect an MC to be supernaturally intelligent?

Because.This.Is.Hip-Hop
It Aint Like Its Hell Here!

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Was just wondering... are the cats at Channel O gonna release the chronicles of this event as a DVD? Is the promotional single featuring Snazz, Modenine, Prof. Jay and so forth released as a single? A compilation of music from the tour would be hot, is anything like this out/in the pipelines? just wondering...

bjpumpindogg

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
watch emcee africa battle finals in south africa here
teeto (nigeria) vs j-town (ghana) 

download other battles here
LINK REMOVED/files/102226760/emcee_africa_nigeria_battle_rap_competition.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102231085/emcee_africa_nigeria_freestyles_comp.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102231086/emcee_africa_south_africa_battle_rap_competition.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102231087/emcee_africa_south_africa_freestyle_competition.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102220820/emcee_africa_angola_battle_rap_competition.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102224138/emcee_africa_angola_freestyle_competition.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102231088/emcee_africa_tanzania_battles.mp3
LINK REMOVED/files/102231089/emcee_africa_tanzania_freestyles.mp3

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
^^^ props 4 this, hope the quality is dope