Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Sprite EMCEE Africa

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Im with Nyambz, Cash and Eraze. Do what you do best.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

.. And I really hated how American some of these contestants sounded..

This i find very irritating, why is this such a big issue for peeps? Is it wrong to sound 'American"?. When the late lucky Dube (R.I.P) did his reggae thing and others are like they sounded Jamaican, y'all had no problem with that.

actually.. lucky Dube even spoke in an AMERICAN accent and nigz didnt have a problem
wid that   ;)

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

i mean EMceeK, if u say, u gotta have been in America to speak in a US accent! then why dont u go on and say, u must have lived in America to EAT KFC? lol.

Because rhyming and eating chicken are not the same thing.

You can tell in 5 seconds if an emcee is a bad boy Yardie.. France has the 2nd largest hip-hop industry and they dont even rhyme in English.. let alone American accents... they have a successful industry because theyre being themselves.. we dont have a successful industry because we're not being ourselves..

I don't think this is a good enough example. France has been doing hip hop for much longer than a lot of countries. They have an established hiphop industry with an established history. France is the 2nd most spoken language in the world. Many french people do not speak english that well. THeir content speaking French, their taught in French.

I have been taught in English my whole, life. I went to school in the homelands, did my 1st 3 grades in the hood in Umtata, even then i was taught in English. In Varsity i was taught in English. IN the workplace we communicate in English. The main language in Media is English. Newspapers, magazines, TV etc are predominantly in English.

We do not have the same environment as France so we cannot be compared to them. French is the 1st language in France, not English. They do not have 10 official languages besides English, so they can have a country in which one language is dominant.

If you go to Europe the majority of hip hop is in the native language for the same reasons as the French do, their 1st language is the main language. Same goes for the other African countries that use their home languages as a first language. This is not the case in South Africa. English is the 1st language. English is pumped into us from the get go. The French do not have that problem.

I'm not saying that people should be faulted for using their home languages, if someone feels thats the best way to express themselves then do so by all means, but you cannot fault someone for using a language that your
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Nyambz,,, French is way down the list of most widely spoken languages,,, but i hear you point about SA having more languages to start with.

01. Chinese* (937,132,000)
02. Spanish (332,000,000)
03. English (322,000,000)
04. Bengali (189,000,000)
05. Hindi/Urdu (182,000,000)
06. Arabic* (174,950,000)
07. Portuguese (170,000,000)
08. Russian (170,000,000)
09. Japanese (125,000,000)
10. German (98,000,000)
11. French* (79,572,000)

http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
No-ones saying dont rhyme in English. Just dont do it in an American accent if you're not American..

Thats retarted..

lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Exactly.

It would be like me, a white Jewish dude, trying to rap in a Xhosa accent while spitting in English. If I did that I would be f***ing laughed at.

Like T says, retarded.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
yo EmceeK,
Jus like Chicken n Rhymin aint the same.the french industry and the sa industry are different!

besides, ur zooming in on the accent issue only!

french dudes are also being AMERICAN in they dresscode,swag,subject matter(gangster rap) and music videos and image(eccessive flossin,ballin,women)and stlye of production.
in fact the ONLY thing that makes them different is that they rap in French.Every other thing they do,is directly influenced by AMERICA!

The only reason they dont have AMERICAN accents is cos its HARDER FOR THEM TO ADAPT THE ACCENT cos they grew up speaking French...we grew up speakin ENglish, so its easier to adapt it!

I dont think is has anything to do with them being themselves really....theyve successfully mimiced everything else to the T(thats why theyre the second largest market).

lol.they jus stumble on the accent thing cos of their primary language! ;D

jus like how that girl u was talkin bout who thought we was american from hearin us....if u muted a french video,she'd think they were american from what she SEE's. real talk

if u stressin uniqueness! ur sayin we shud lose the jeans,hoodies(rather rock leapard skins),b-boyin(we shud have kwasa-boys instead),dj's like ready D shud invent his own shit n leave the TURNTABLISM alone(beat n scratch on a african drum maybe).

the hiphop culture is directly linked to American culture, so jus by bein involved in any way in hiphop, ur mimic'ing some form of american culture.The concept of eating and rhyming is the same!
U dont have to be,or have been to,America to eat or spit with an American accent or eat Americn food.

with all do respect french dudes dont rap with an american accent cos they'd jus sound stupid as f***.
but Me,Koli,Blakles,K9 and a lot of other dudes sound off the chain!
cos we comfy wit it!
real talk!

we hear american accents everywhere in SA(ads,local tv shows(even Muvhango dammit ;D),radio dj's,other music genres)
but when its a rapper RHYMING, its a problem? WTF?

Yo Rob. i know it sounds backwards, but think about it!
if u consciously are trying to be South African Sounding in ur raps(a lot of Kwai hoppers),then when uspeak to these dudes in person,they sound mad AMERICAN.
Then whose fakin?
The guy who talks and rap like that? or the guy who talk with an accent, but when he do songs for SA market,he uses a deliberately SA sounding acent!???
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Exactly.

It would be like me, a white Jewish dude, trying to rap in a Xhosa accent while spitting in English. If I did that I would be f***ing laughed at.

Like T says, retarded.

With all due respect dog...
U aint gon be laughed at whatever language or accent u use!

U'll be laughed at because ur a WHITE JEWISH GUY RAPPING ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bwaaahahahhahaha.
Real f***ing Talk!!!!
@cash_sog

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Yo Rob. i know it sounds backwards, but think about it!
if u consciously are trying to be South African Sounding in ur raps(a lot of Kwai hoppers),then when uspeak to these dudes in person,they sound mad AMERICAN.
Then whose fakin?
The guy who talks and rap like that? or the guy who talk with an accent, but when he do songs for SA market,he uses a deliberately SA sounding acent!???

That...doesn't really respond to anything I've said. Go back. Look at it again.

Who is faker: a guy who talks and raps in an American accent when he was brought up in the Eastern Cape, or a guy from SA who speaks and raps in a South African accent? I think you'll find that most people who do the latter do not do it consciously at all. I know I certainly don't.

Also, I think you're drawing too strong a connection between things like items of clothing / swagger and an American accent. There are links, but they are less strong than you might think.

With all due respect dog...
U aint gon be laughed at whatever language or accent u use!

U'll be laughed at because ur a WHITE JEWISH GUY RAPPING         
bwaaahahahhahaha.
Real f***ing Talk!!!!

;)
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 ;D i wud say nobody in SA has not adapted any forms of AMerican culture. so it wud be fake to say now, to be politically correct he has to deliberately pretent to sound South African to please ur ideology.
Theres a million EC niggas who sound rap and talk jus like me! im jus bringin it to light!

So still i say, from my point of view the guy who deliberately tries hard to speak and rap in a SA accent is the one FAKIN!

He tryin to blend in! thats cool with me tho.
All im sayin is,do what ur comfortable with!
I dont think u or anyone would be comfortal=ble with u RAPPING at all. hahahahha. jokes man
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor

So still i say, from my point of view the guy who deliberately tries hard to speak and rap in a SA accent is the one FAKIN!

So let me get this straight.. Im South African.. I grew up in South Africa. Ive never left South Africa... If I speak and rap in a South African accent then Im fake....

I rest my case. This is not logical on any level... If anything.. I would expect a guy from the Eastern Cape to rhyme in isiXhosa (half the country is illiterate and cant speak English) like the Maftown guys are doing with the Motswako movement... Its only cos ninjas dont like who they are so they wanna be someone else. Look at the coloured emcees outta Cape Town... dudes are being themselves... whats so fake about that?
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
At the end of the day.. I think theres enough room for everyone. If someone doesn't like coke, they will get sprite or whatever it is they like.

Accents are not the key factor for being considered real or not? What does real mean? If a xhosa rapper, did his thing in xhosa and in a xhosa accent, but rapped about the same things as fifty, would he be real?

What if a rapper raps in an American like accent and raps about relevant things to his life would he be then considered fake?

I think were losing site on the important things. Were focusing on the vehicle (method/medium) as opposed to the pa**engers (Content).

You can be relevant regardless of the medium or method you choose. 
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile

You can be relevant regardless of the medium or method you choose. 

Screw Morgan and them, Nyambo 4 president.lol. This should close the discussion.