PARTYPeople Aftermath

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Endz the otherness and Kanyi killed it at the end with the freestyles!!!

Heads in Jozi, you wanna be at that Bahamadia gig. Antonia is the real thing, that good rap music!

Most fun I've had at a gig so far this year.
Can I get a witness!?

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Amen!!!! Dat was a dope gig, and I met Papa Ben :) :) :)

Bahamadia can rhyme her f***in' a** off :o, and that Khanyi [kanyi??] chick killed it!!! Shout out to Endz the Otherness, rugged beats without a doubt!!!! Where the f*** was Eavesdrop during the freestyle session??? Performance was dope though...

Nuff respect to Kenny for putting the whole event together...dopeness (music, sound, the works!!!)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Ya'll got me all amped up for Saturday. Where the pics @ though ? WIS ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Word.. Cant wait.

Any word on the songs she performed? Hope she did the verse from the roots illa del halflife.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
^^^ she did flip that verse
 am hell behold!

meteor

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
F*CK that was a dope dope gig, so many ill acts.

Bahamadia was GREAT, nothing less that I expected though, she's after all the Queen, breath controll's like whoa! and dopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rhymes.

my first time in a Cape Town in a minute so u can imagine my surprise to find out that there were that many sick emceez, big up to the organisers it was a great line up.

AS far as the freestyle session was concerned, don't get me wrong but that Kanyi chick was NOT freestyling, she ripped a straight 8-bar, i know u cats ain't that naiev. But her VERSES r definitely dope, she does praise DICK a lot in her rhymes
and that's XXXciting! :P but for a lot of cats who don't understand Xhosa, her flows are enough to forces u listen!

Eavesdrop is a dope mc with that SICK old school flavour rhyme pattern, her content's obviously well-delivered, and I dug the concept of her set, but eshe truly half-stepped when she bailed out on Bahamadia's challenge to freestyle: MY LIPS ARE  :-X

Endzi The Otherness displayed traits of a true MC. Her ryhme pattern is mad unique, SICK F'KN BEATS and the delivery's so live BUTwhat struck me even more about her is she has one of the dopest interactions with the crowd, that "stereo scenario" song was playing in my head after chanting along to it with the rest of the crowd. & then she be saying some shit like "she transends all parallels; to honour her elements". and sum shit along the lines of "document the acumen of arch-human", what?!!!! too illl!!!!and her freestyle's dope!!!the crowd went WILD on that!!!! BUT just one thing though, why the hell did she go bald ???, goddamit, loved her locks but oh well!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:40:01 PM by meteor »

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Sounds DOPE. I am yet to see Endz & Eavsedrop.

Did Bahamadia perform PEP Talk? Was the crowd familiar with her material? How was the turnout?

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
why the hell did she go bald

She's still sexy.
I like the new look.

JOINT WAS PACKED, PACKED - SWEATY.
Bahamadia is (whoa) something else.

The crowd was continualy rapping along.mixture of old heads ( emile , falco etc) & new ones.
@ one stage a guy waved around his bahamadia vinyl.
bear with me the pics are coming.

(waves @ the lovely miss nuwe)
thanks for your company.as brief as it was.
nat - your camera guy was in my way (lol)

sorry that i misseed the others.
skinny guy with camera

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
yeah tho cape town show was crazy

bahamadia is genius wit it.

jozi peeps in for a treat tonite
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:51:39 AM by ootz »
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Hey Ootz.
How long you gon be in Cpt for?

Im still here for one more week. I dont know, I might just get the bug and end up staying for long
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Hey Ootz.
How long you gon be in Cpt for?

Im still here for one more week. I dont know, I might just get the bug and end up staying for long
I know what you mean this place is infectious expecially in summer. But trust me the novelty wears off evennnnntuallly.
Let us know what you and Uno are up to during the week. Maybe sundowners at Mojito on Monday or Tuesday. Julian from Butan says wa**up.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
J-Sec leg was dope as well. Bahamadia rocked shit even though sound was bad. True professional.

But then, yesterday we waiting for her @ Slaghuis. Mad kids turned out. Then the hosts tell us she doesn't wanna perform cos it's a bit too rough for her. I was like WHAT !!!! Too rough ? hahahahaha !!! here i was thinkin Philly is one of the roughest places on earth, and she scared of SLAGHUIS ? WOW !!!!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon