Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Battle of Gugs Vol. 2 launch event

Uno. · 42 · 11031

Universal

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I went there and wasn't impressed at all  >:(  To all those who claim it was dope, what made it so?  ??? Stop lying!!! There was nothing dope about that show. Nice to see DPlanet there though supporting his artist. What's up with the Battle of Guguletu tish, was it supposed to be a mix tape or a Diggin' Deep promotional CD or whatever the f^<k? The reason I say this is coz there's a lot of MCs in Gugz which are dope. In that "mix tape"; ILS & 3MS have 4 joints, Archetypes have 1, Rattex 1 as well, and Jazephlewid had 1. What's up with that??? The show was saved by Kritsi Yespaza aka Shaun and he ain't even in that "compilation". This was supposed to be a launch right or at least an attempt thereof, the only cats who said tish about Battle of Guguletu were 3MS, they did promote they stuff I give them that, and they killed it. How the f^ck do these kids, claim Guguletu when 2 thirds of ILS live in burbs... well 3MS are really from Gugs. My view about the entire show, PATHETIC... except for them honies  ;D 

Nice to sight ReArrangedReality there too.

F^!< that's my views,

One

"Get at me dawg!!"

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Nice to sight ReArrangedReality there too.

cool. you shouldnt have hollered mayne. who you be money?

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
I jus smell a hater here........ sigh**

Firstly you sound like u don't no the history behind the Battle of Gugs idea, and secondly u think no us but u don't. J Flexx and I are from Gugs... how dare u say that we claim that. Can you explain that?... according to your knowledge about our lives and history.

But wait... I was preparing a press release anyway, so I can share sum insight with everyone on the Battle of Gugs concept.

So if you aint down with us homie...aight peace!

'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Goboza

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
@ Universal I think you out of ur mind or sumthing dude cummon dude ,the show was bananas from the first act till last cats who perfomed.In a mixtape it doesn't have to be different cats featured as an  artist you can have ur mixtape without featuring catz ,For example Mugg mixtape ,"Sorry for the long wait" futhermore BOG vol.1 it was two crews on dat Drie and Ill-skillz.Say something if you got personal grievences against Ill-sklls coz Diggin Deep are most hard-working cats in Cape Town hip-hop scene.

Nywayz big ups Ill-Skills ,Driemanskap,Rattex,Archetypes and Kritsi for blessing us with good show the crowd was really feeling it even though it was dominated by the house lovers thanks for keeping hip-hop alive in C.T.

I got my copy it mad banging I think people would love listening 2 that ish peace

@ Universal Church get the f*** out of  here !!!!!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Funny , from the pictures it looks like everyone was having a great time.i am still kicking myself because I wasnt there.
The "vhula boot concept" (sp) was brilliant.
African context on lock!

These boys know how to arrange events & will probably dominate the cape town hiphop events scene within the next year or so.
C'mon..be honest: Who else throws HIP HOP parties like theirs?

@ Universal - Your opinion is okay except that you offer nothing in the way of suggestions as to how they can improve on their gigs.

Kadwaaaa!
(kicks self again for not being there)

@ uno - please send me the press release?
I will give you a shout tonite @ home about hoekom & waarom.

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile
Wa**up peops

Headwarmaz Wanda and Phura were there on Sunday, and besides a few technical and logistical problems the show was killer.

The fact that 'house-heads' were feeling the performances (not entirely sure about the role of alcohol in this hehehehehe) means that the show was dope.

I can understand what Universal is saying about not having a bigger representation of what Gugs is about by featuring more emcees on the compi....in fact in general cape town gigs and events we find the same faces. But i think the factor here is how much work you put in...

Digging deep peoples work really hard. From marketing, to the on-stage presentation they hold it down. A  lot of work is put into this...

And we need to face it...a lot of kasi cats don't work hard enough to get themselves out there So it's not fair to sit on the sideline and chirp peoples who are doing the work...that shit aint gonna fly.

I encourage everyone who is not yet on the radar to work extra hard to get themselves on the map. And also the peoples already there HAVE to respect up-and-coming acts and guide them in the proper direction.

Other than that...the show was tight. Keep it up cats...
Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

Universal

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
@ Uno. I repeat the show was crappy, y'all was saved by Kritsi mother f***ers  :D and y'all didn't even have him in your mix tape, plus he's from Gugz!

ReaArrangedReality you know me homie, if you forgot you'll get to know me in time.

ILS are the hardest working cats in CTN, get the f*** outer here!!!   Haven't seen shit happening, niggaz claiming BS... Still the show sucked  ;D I saw Uno acting like a celebrity looking like Mahlathini on tik  ;D ;D ;D

Who's this mother f***er schooling me 'bout mix tapes, tha f***, if it's your mix tape don't claim to be representing a community of rappers like Guguletu coz there's a lot of MCs there! For f*** sake I never heard Uno, Macav or even Macho freestyle actually I've never seen them in any cipher   ;D  Pathetic!!!!

Another thing, I repeat Uno and Macav don't f***ing rep Gugz, how often do y'all get there  ??? The f*** is y'all talking about! Y'all sucked and that's it!!! Y'all didn't launch shit... that was like the All NYz gig and all Nyz is doper than what I saw Sunday  :D

Also, f*** the picts, they ain't saying shit to me, I was there and didn't see shit worth my attention except the ladies  ;D

"Get at me dawg!!"

Universal

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
In the pictures posted by Dplanet, look at the crowd when ILS is performing :D hahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! And the show was dope  ??? Get the f*** outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Get at me dawg!!"

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Quote from: Dplanet on March 02, 2008, 08:56:09 am
Thanks to Uno and the boys. Pure good vibes. I had a great afternoon even though it was hot as hell. What up big Ootz, a pleasure to finally meet you.

I'll upload some photos later.

Yeah was ill.
 Using the back of the bakkie as a stage, kasi style!
Ate that meat, bumped to the beats, saw sweet Lu.
Was a lovely afternoon out,
 wa**up Ootz, Wa**up R.R, wa**up Toyvo.
Nuwe, no where to be seen?  :o U laying low?

No doubt. Had Mad Fun. Good Vibes. Good People. Only Beef I saw was on a tray (D had the hook up)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:29:48 AM by ootz »
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
Something tells me that this Universal guy seems more like the most renowned DRAMA QUEEN.

what the f*** is up with you? you need to chill the f*** out....

"GodDammit you little mother f***er
If you ain't got nothin' nice to say
then don't say nothin
"- Eminem
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
^^^ i think its his right though to say what he feels...like Deac would say alot of u seem to catch alot of feelings up in this joint. its Unirvesal's honest opinion and doesn't really have to be true. anyway was just gate crashing the party
 am hell behold!

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
^^^ i think its his right though to say what he feels...

of course... freedom of expression... guess what...

freedom of expression my nuts....
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"