Smart HipHoper's

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
A thread dedicated to HipHop artists who used the fame and money they received from hip hop music, to pursue other ventures and gain personal wealth.

I present to you: Eric B

Eric B. (born Louis Eric Barrier) was the producer and DJ for the rap duo Eric B. & Rakim.

Eric B. tried his hand at rapping in 1995 and released a self-titled album. The album was co-written with Freddie Foxxx.

In 1996, Eric B. was picked to head Suge Knight's Death Row East label (an extension of Death Row Records).

Eric is now the owner of 47 restaurants throughout the U.S. including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, California, Texas, Washington DC, and most recently, Pennsylvania. Residing in a 57,000 sq. ft. palatial manor, Eric has become the ideological musician turned entrepreneur turned royalty and has truly taken his hit song Eric B. is President to fruition. With a car collection featuring seven Rolls Royce vehicles, including the famed Rolls Royce featured on the cover of Follow the Leader, Eric's vehicular menagerie features a Rolls Royce Phantom, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and many other sought-after cars and trucks.

Recently featured on MTV Cribs, Eric B's home, with a staff of 14 grounds keepers, chefs, maids, and security staff, was influenced by oriental design.

In 2007 Eric was honored by the President of the United States with an invitation to the White House where he met President George W. Bush, the First Lady and other dignitaries.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
Wow Nyumbz... that's very interesting.... sure as hell inspiring...

ta for the post
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
yeah dope post. makes one wonder what the other older gods are up to. Eric B always been about his paper though.Dude's always been thorough, hanging out with the likes of Kelvin "50 Cent" Martin back in day.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
He used his opportunities well. Eric B and Rakim dropped four albums. 1 platinum and 3 Gold selling records between 1987-1992.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Ra prolly pissed his...Sadly..
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

kinetik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
a couple of months ago i saw a youtube video about sean price. it looked like mtv cribs. homey has a dope crib. not exactly eric b's status but sean p is monied.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
If so, then why is his entire persona built on being 'the brokest rapper alive' and 'the six dollar man' and 'the best rapper alive still taking the 2 train'?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

kinetik

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
If so, then why is his entire persona built on being 'the brokest rapper alive' and 'the six dollar man' and 'the best rapper alive still taking the 2 train'?
I think this is a tag that stuck, even after he started getting doe. At the end of the clip they something like how he will have to stop calling himself that. I'll try finding it.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I know the vid you talking about. It's some crib in the woods/Ski resort right, sort of like Aspen type shit ? don't think it's his crib. Think it was more of a spoof,to me it looked like a crib niggas rented while on tour or some shit.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

kinetik

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I know the vid you talking about. It's some crib in the woods/Ski resort right, sort of like Aspen type shit ? don't think it's his crib. Think it was more of a spoof,to me it looked like a crib niggas rented while on tour or some shit.
aah. makes sense.

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
word to eric,,,talk aabout keeping ur eyes on the price

@Cash

you see, it is possible to make wealth while making decent music, its called being a "Smart HipHoper"
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile

@Cash

you see, it is possible to make wealth while making decent music

what an interesting comment if one reads between the lines....
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
I wonder if all his money was made honestly. I know he hung with the late Kelvin Martin and dude was no choir boy. Martin made loads of chedda through robbing and stealing from people. That guy (Martin) killed close to 30 people. Not tryina knock Eric's hustle though, just wonderin'... He's rich so, good for him I guess.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
I wonder if all his money was made honestly. I know he hung with the late Kelvin Martin and dude was no choir boy. Martin made loads of chedda through robbing and stealing from people. That guy (Martin) killed close to 30 people. Not tryina knock Eric's hustle though, just wonderin'... He's rich so, good for him I guess.
good question. most of these (wealthy) 'rap artists' 2day have quite sum skeletons. but even
if he did i dont think we'd eva know much about it anyway

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile

Interesting take. Kelvin died two weeks before Eric B and Rakim released their first album. They went on to release three more successful albums after that. So its safe to say they got cream, off their music independent of Mr Martin. The majority of his wealth came in the mid to late nineties post the success of their studio albums. Whatever he did with his music money to secure his financial future, is his business. If he dabbled in dodgy dealings then Kudo's to him for not getting caught. Provided he wasn't raping and killing people and such