Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

'BACK TO THE CITY' Street Festival

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
                                                 Unlearn Agency and Ritual Store in a**ociation with Sprite
                                                                                 Present
                                                               'BACK TO THE CITY' Street Festival

On the morning of the 27th of April, a wave of urban youth will stream into downtown Newtown for the popular,
annual Back to the City festival. Disciples and converts of the hip-hop movement will celebrate the art and urban culture through a day of live performances, street art, extreme sports and exhibitions. The one-day event was launched with critical acclaim from the hip-hop media and ma**es last year, winning accolades such as
Hype magazine's event of the year. The second edition promises more historic performances, boasting a
Fiery line up of 22 mc's, 10 dj's, 8 graffiti crews and thousands of young people celebrating the birth of
South Africa's democracy. Cutting edge performers from various parts of the country will deliver hot commentary and entertainment in diverse indigenous languages while artists will be expressing their freedom in colours.

This event will take place outside RITUAL STORES at corner Bree and Henry Nxumalo streets in Newtown. Aside from being entertained, audiences will get to attend an educational summit, which will be held at City Varsity. Hosted by the British Council, the workshops offer an exchange of knowledge. Individuals working in the ma** media industry will cover topics such as publishing, distribution, recording, music videos, and independent vs. mainstream, entrepreneurship and advertising.

Performances by:
Zuluboy, Mo Molemi, Driemanskap, Prokid, Ben Sharpa, Fifi, Cuba, Hymphatic Thabs, Substance, The Scavengers, Koldproduk, Reason, Mawetu, The Anvilz, Damola, Bianca Williams, Abantu, The Federation, Zeus,

DJ's
Kenzhero, KGB, Blaq T, Raiko, Soosh, Medicine,

Graffiti Crews:
PCP – MSE – SEC – FUK – IAP – TK – DS - UN

ENTRANCE:      FREE
DATE:               27 April 2008, Freedom Day
TIME:               10:00 – 23:00
PLACE:            Ritual Stores
                        Cnr Bree & Henry Nxumalo Street
                        Newtown

For further information, please contact:
Dominique Soma           084 301 0983            unlearnagency@gmail.com
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:06:48 PM by AGMilitia »
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
hope the graf crews can keep the peace unlike last year, like to see the turn up @ theJlive  gig and this one, definetely will be there and monday be a public holiday

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
sounds extra dope!
co-sign sero bout the peace keeping!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Beethoven Mixtape Launch - Saturday 18:00, State Theatre Cap City
J-Live @ Party People - Rokka Bar - Saturday night
Back to the City - Sunday

Can't wait for the weekend.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

B.O.Ywonda about the O.G

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofhiphop.co.za
Its gonna be a dope a** weekend!! ;D
Boy I wonder how many bars it takes to put a rapper under

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
i cant wait for the weekend to begin.... to begin.... to begin.... its gonna be hot mayn!!!!
spread love in da music

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
will there be an unnecesary contingent of cops like last year...shit was overboard- they actually CAUSED the most violence...beating on folks and shit...well, besides the MSE/FUK shit... still ROFLMAO and then a huge SMH at that shit!!!

sero147

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
yeah the cops was a bit too much, last years events was a bit dry hopefully there will be a watering hole this time around.

B.O.Ywonda about the O.G

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofhiphop.co.za
will there be an unnecesary contingent of cops like last year...shit was overboard- they actually CAUSED the most violence...beating on folks and shit...well, besides the MSE/FUK shit... still ROFLMAO and then a huge SMH at that shit!!!

Yeah!! They better fall back.I wanna be able to graze without having to look over my shoulder every sec.
Boy I wonder how many bars it takes to put a rapper under

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
unfortunately that was the condition from the city- NO ALCOHOL could be sold/consumed- thats why there were so many pigs- fear of hip hop runs deep- never doubt it!

sero147

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
unfortunately that was the condition from the city- NO ALCOHOL could be sold/consumed- thats why there were so many pigs- fear of hip hop runs deep- never doubt it!
so will it be the same ishh this year???

sero147

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
will be there anyway, cats always cum up with ingenious plans to get what they want

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
RR: looks like we not gon any rest in Jozi.
Beatoven mixtape launch: We there
J live @ ROKA: we there
Back to the City: We there

make sure U charge that cam!

count down to Thursday officially begins.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
looks like a lot of great entertainment to be had. unfortunately i'm missing out again. you people have fun now.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole