Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

'BACK TO THE CITY' Street Festival

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yep was one the best events this year...sound wasnt great
but i found adomiz rapping on stage about eating tampons quite...EwwwWWWEwww!

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Attened the Q&A sessions in the morning, which are an important aspect for networking and ideas exchange.
The atmosphere was nice. Beautiful people all around. Wa**up Beaker and her crew!

The sound went from bad to worse as the day progressed. muffled. muffled and muffled some more.
Higlights: THE ANVILS: Sick, sick sick. By far one of the most innovative bands in our Hiphop scene. Thorough niggaz. I enjoyed their performance in PTA better.  Roach Inc is hard at work.

FIFI- that girl is powerful and she isn't even trying.  She made me think of Nina Simone and Fela Kuti simultaneously. When she drops an album its gonna blow.She has that ma** appeal, that Freshly Ground thing where every1 across the board will listen and support. marK my words. Guys - Kenny-  whoever please just finish her project and get her out there.

The long breaks in between sets were irritating but the DJ's held it down. Raiko and Kenny jo.jo.jo.

PS @ NUWE: raiko didn't deliver on ur request. he kept making excuses, said we are allowed to call him DJ useless from now on.

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
the event was nice. i'm a PTA cat and i feel my city was repped to the fullest...xpt damola (sounds like ghostface & crowd did not feel him). and that jepa bepa (spl?) from scavengers is just too nice like when white neighbours invite you for tea!

@ anyone who made it in time for the seminars... PLS put up important contact details you might have. in serious need of a publisher. and is anyone out there on some film shit? wanna shoot a video for a lil track we got going on (budget is tight so you have to be innovative as a mofo).
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
yep was one the best events this year...sound wasnt great
but i found adomiz rapping on stage about eating tampons quite...EwwwWWWEwww!
thanks to all who came to the show....sorry about the sound...happy that everybody came to support and learn from the gig.

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
nyc one, hope 2 see many new artists on stage next year
spread love in da music

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I enjoyed this shit a whole lot.

The sound started out fine, but the longer the show went on, the worse it seemed to get. Despite this, I was feeling it. A few of the perfomances were a little sub par and made me wanna sleep, especially since I was still tired from the previous night's J-live excursion.

Ben Sharpa and Miss Fifi were a breath of fresh air though and made it totally worth the lack of sleep. Hymphatic Thabs also showed why he is so highly rated. I can totally see FIfi blowing up huge in a while and I agree with Nat that she conjures up some serious Nina Simone imagery. Also big ups to MrC and Neon, for a live set.

The graf scene is alive and well it seems. Out of all the crews, PCP has no equal in Jozi. Dont let anyone tell you different. Rasty is up there with the best in the world. One or two of the other crews' pieces were vomit inducing though, but as a whole it was awesome.

DJ wise, Kenzhero, Kenzhero, Kenzhero. He had me getting down the night (morning) before and his set at B2TC was awesome too. Big ups to Raiko as well for the freshness.

Security were a bunch of a**holes though. On seeing that they weren't really needed, since people were all cool and no-one was causing any trouble, they decide to act like a**holes. They kept changing their minds about wehere people were allowed to stand and what you were allowed to look like and shit. When I first got there, they wouldn't let my photographer in with her camera, cos it was "too big". Then when we finally got in, they decided that we weren't allowed to stand against a certain wall, cos people have to walk there. who the f*** walks against walls when there is a ma**ive pavement?

Despite this, it was a nice day. Afterparty was cool too and kept me up till at least 4.

Also this gig just confirmed what I always believed, Hip Hop attracts the finest ladies. Beautiful people abound and some of them were actually capable of intelligent convos as well. I love this shit.

Finally got to meet some of the AG fam. Miss Moly, Nat, Crus, RR, Mr C and people whose names I cant remember.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Sorry to awaken a dead thread but FIFI prompted me to.
That girl was off the  ****
Well worth standing for hour in the cold next to some nigger wearing purple skinny legs . SMH.
She has gained herself a brand new fan... FIFI for president.

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
I have to agree Boldi, Fifi for president!

oh and i have to give it up to Driemanskaap, what a performance!
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Finally got to meet some of the AG fam. Miss Moly, Nat, Crus, RR, Mr C and people whose names I cant remember.

it was cool meeting you bro, thought we'd chat some more but couldnt find you when i went back in.

the gig wasnt as great as last years one because of the sound but i had a great time! Anvils did a lot better on their gig in PTA the night before. that shit was dope. cats had some pantsulas featured on their set while rapping on that Jacknife beat (Dali uzobuya nini na..) that was some other shit!! damn.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

Well worth standing for hour in the cold next to some nigger wearing purple skinny legs . SMH.

I thought this was meant to be for "Real Heads" . so raiko, there may have been no Bapes, but this is something else.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I have to agree Boldi, Fifi for president!

oh and i have to give it up to Driemanskaap, what a performance!

You know I think I've seen Dreimanskap perform at least 3274832746 times and it's always the same ish. I went there with a friend of mine who now lives in the UK and she's been there for the past 3 years and she knew each track word for word and the last time she was them perform was when we was in varsity.
Nah dude I'm sorry Driemanskap didn't do shit for me.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

I thought this was meant to be for "Real Heads" . so raiko, there may have been no Bapes, but this is something else.

Yo you aint seen nufin. One of them had on purple skinny legs, the other had on red and the other black and they all had red mohawks. Now these were straight up black kids.

ps. RR do you still have that pic, if yes please put it up. pweez.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Yo you aint seen nufin. One of them had on purple skinny legs, the other had on red and the other black and they all had red mohawks. Now these were straight up black kids.

ps. RR do you still have that pic, if yes please put it up. pweez.

they had purple mohawks. I stil have the pics and i'd like to post them but I cant because it would seem like i'm ridiculing those cats. i dont think it'l be cool to use those pics to make a joke out of them. if this whole thing about their crazy a** fashion sense was in a different context them i wouldnt hesitate to post them. i might change my mind but let me think about it a bit more.

now about bathing apes and everything else thats not considered real...

i dont kow how the rest of you feel about this but i think events like this should be on that "all are welcomed" type vibe. that way events like this would last a little longer 'cause it obviously means larger support. you wouldnt catch me dead rocking BAPE 'cause i think its garbage but i dont support making making these cats feel unwelcomed 'cause that works against such a great initiative.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:40:21 PM by RearrangedReality »

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

i dont kow how the rest of you feel about this but i think events like this should be on that "all are welcomed" type vibe.

No they were more than welcome, look that aint my mommas house but you must admit walking around looking like a box of crayons is asking to get laughed at. In fact I think that's why they do it.

they had purple mohawks. I stil have the pics and i'd like to post them but I cant because it would seem like i'm ridiculing those cats.

You won't be ridiculing them, I will. I ma take that pic and laugh at them. Not cause they look stupid but because they look a like.
I mean really what grown a** man calls a friend to find out what they gonna wear jus so they can match them.
Don't know about you but I didn't even do that when I was in primary school.
But it's fine I understand and respect your decision.