Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Motsepe and 50 cent to sign a Mining deal

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
good move by 50. i think this will help a lot of young black niggas get involved in mining!
its a great innitiative.
in what way do u need 50 to get involved in mining cash? opportunities are there for peeps to get into mining ( even though u have to know someone to get in, the opportunities are there). now jus because 50 getting involved young black folk should jump on the bandwagon. it aint about the young black men its about patrice using a "percieced" social icon to get his message( whateva it is) across.

It called inspiration dawg. Dude inspires a lot of wack rhyming. hahaha. Surely he'll do the same with mining. ;D :D ;) ;D Jokes
On the real: this is surely going to inspire a lot of African Kids to go into the industry, and currently there's a a few participating if not, a very few are high  earners in the industry, mostly is the UNDERGROUND cats.
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Look at the positives. If there is money being invested, it means jobs will be created. How is it money going out of the country if Fiddy invests?

I think something like this has a lot of potential.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
anyone who considers mining simply because they saw Fiddy get into it probabaly wont last long in the industry anyway. Because it shows how little brains they actually have. Trendfollowing idiots.

@ Pyro, damn, it's either you generating a whole lot of income (surely, cos of your brains) or you broke you can't even help yourself or you just hate five bob  ;D ;D ;D

Even fools/thugz/vargabonds do inspire people to do ish man. So why not fiddy bob.

As for the publicity stunt: I'm trying to figure out who is Motsepe targeting by putting 50 in. Fact is I see no target cos most of the guys involved in the industry probably don't even give a f*kc if 50 exist

Come on don't hate the brothers moves
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
anyone who considers mining simply because they saw Fiddy get into it probabaly wont last long in the industry anyway. Because it shows how little brains they actually have. Trendfollowing idiots.

@ Pyro, damn, it's either you generating a whole lot of income (surely, cos of your brains) or you broke you can't even help yourself or you just hate five bob  ;D ;D ;D

Even fools/thugz/vargabonds do inspire people to do ish man. So why not fiddy bob.

As for the publicity stunt: I'm trying to figure out who is Motsepe targeting by putting 50 in. Fact is I see no target cos most of the guys involved in the industry probably don't even give a f*kc if 50 exist

Come on don't hate the brothers moves

nOT HATING. I just don't see any positives from this. I dont see it creating more jobs, but rather see it as a buy in into an established company, where he will play the role of media poster boy (ala Jay-z and Puffy, for the many upmarket brands they represent). In return for this the people who actually put in the sweat will still get nothing but peanuts and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank with that silly song of his.

And no, I'm not making huge money. I'm living decently in a job I love, after quitting a job where I made a lot of money, but hated it and going back to school.

SubTopic

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Mining is not a game.  50 Cent should stick to launching clothing labels, or launch a cologne, you know, the usual thing that talentless (but lucky) people do.

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Patrice is using Fiddy to get publicity. Fiddy might invest, but that's just more money going out of the country, rather than improving any of our people's financial wellbeing.

Why doesn't Patrice rather start a fund to help young black South Africans get into mining?
The crackboys are probably gonna start digging holes in their backyards now

Hell yeah, ima go back to Congo and start digging, so then we can all get iced out like IGHO. Lmao
9 tha Pedigree

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Patrice is using Fiddy to get publicity. Fiddy might invest, but that's just more money going out of the country, rather than improving any of our people's financial wellbeing.

Agree, Patrice is probably after some publicity. The a**umption that 50 will buy into SA mining is unfounded. Nowhere in the article does it mention this. Unless, it's it has been confirmed in some article. all we have heard is that they are working on a PROJECT to encourage young people to get involved in mining. This sounds like a publicity /  / awareness campaign using 50's popularity.

anyone who considers mining simply because they saw Fiddy get into it probabaly wont last long in the industry anyway. Because it shows how little brains they actually have

I am tempted to say this thread does indeed show how little brains some people actually have. Rushing into conclusions and criticising when we dont even have the details. with that said, I am not a 50 fan. But I used to listen to Power of the Dollar in the good old days (anyone rember How to Rob?). so, i'm not defending him. just saying we should not attack without even knowing what this Project involves.

I also think we should not underestimate the value of people regarded as icons (rightly or wrongly). these people have a lot of influence on many young people. . and its not as simplistic as saying 50 says mining is cool and every young person wants to be involved in mining. Fact is, a normal boring gvt / pvt sector campaign to encourage people to choose certain fileds might be ignored by many youngsters. Put 50 or whoever is famous, more people will pay attention. not that more will heed the message or follow the advice, but more awareness is created. I would love to see an emprical study on this.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:10:22 PM by merchant »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Crackboyz DVD Vol. 35, 'Mining for Millionz.'  ;D

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

TeeZeR

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

The a**umption that 50 will buy into SA mining is unfounded. Nowhere in the article does it mention this...all we have heard is that they are working on a PROJECT to encourage young people to get involved in mining.

...I also think we should not underestimate the value of people regarded as icons (rightly or wrongly). these people have a lot of influence on many young people. . and its not as simplistic as saying 50 says mining is cool and every young person wants to be involved in mining.

I have to thank you.

It all depends on what the initiative/deal is...remember this was not mentioned, it's all rumours at this stage. We always see adds of Rugby stars stealing Lays, who's critisizing that? Now if Motsepe uses 50 to encourage SOUTH AFRICAN YOUTH to be involved in mining, what wrong is there? Africans can be ungrateful sometimes..."No Jobs, no investments!" and the next thing we get is a ship full of complaints instead of weapons.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:43:30 AM by TeeZeR »
JeaH-

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
& also met Dr Mandela

No doubt.. Mandizzle sure knows how to ICE Grill.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com

Crackboyz DVD Vol. 35, 'Mining for Millionz.'  ;D

Wakakaka ;D
9 tha Pedigree

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Yo this story just broke too

I heard that Mr selwyn has an intrest in mining as well! apparently he was planning to start something on that side as well! well we will have to wait and see!

Inca

• Bow or Banish.....your choice.
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
  • LUZKANONZ is on the rise....
    • View Profile
Trendfollowing idiots.

talk 'bout a "Direct hit"  ;D....
uttermost dopeness is default....

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Look at the positives. If there is money being invested, it means jobs will be created. How is it money going out of the country if Fiddy invests?

I think something like this has a lot of potential.

That's a very simple and incorrect way of looking at it.

What all this is is Patrice having failed to buy a fashion sense with his billions, moves on to next shelf to buy "being cool".
Yay!       
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam