Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Mr. 2 aka Sugu: Tanzanian Old School MC IN AMERICA!!!! WTF???? (in a good way)

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Man, tonight was one of those weird a** nights, in a good way!!!! Right after
comming out of a club, I run into some Tanzanian dudes. I said wuzup and told them I knew a little Swahili and a little about their Hip Hop scene. They were shocked that an American kid like me listened to Tanzanian Hip Hop artists like
X-Plastas, Dola Soul, and finally Mr. 2!!! One of the dudes was like "I got Mr. 2's number right now!" So he dials him up and next thing you know it, I'm talking to Sugu, the former Mr. 2.

He asks me about how I knew about him and I told him that I knew about Tanzanian Hip Hop through Africanhiphop.com 10 years ago. I found out dude lives in Ma**achussets and is now working on a new album. We exchanged numbers and everything was straight! Man, 10 years ago I'd never thought that I'd meet an famous African Hip Hop artist from the old school era! Who's next, Positive Black Soul..................?   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:00:51 AM by Rzeed »

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile
Man, tonight was one of those weird a** nights, in a good way!!!! Right after
comming out of a club, I run into some Tanzanian dudes. I said wuzup and told them I knew a little Swahili and a little about their Hip Hop scene. They were shocked that an American kid like me listened to Tanzanian Hip Hop artists like
X-Plastas, Dola Soul, and finally Mr. 2!!! One of the dudes was like "I got Mr. 2's number right now!" So he dials him up and next thing you know it, I'm talking to Sugu, the former Mr. 2.

He asks me about how I knew about him and I told him that I knew about Tanzanian Hip Hop through Africanhiphop.com 10 years ago. I found out dude lives in Ma**achussets and is now working on a new album. We exchanged numbers and everything was straight! Man, 10 years ago I'd never thought that I'd meet an famous African Hip Hop artist from the old school era! Who's next, Positive Black Soul..................?   

Interesting......so? hav u  got some plans on hooking up an doing something wit the him.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Well, most likely, yeah! He lives about an hour away from where I live. I got his phone number and this would be the best experience as well as an opportunity for me since I've been really interested in producing music since I was in High School. Better than that, this is an artist I've heard about 10 years ago, and with the situation with Tanzania's Hip Hop scene, it needs a renevation. The new "Bongo Flava" sound is very commercialized and I would like to hear that old school 90s' TZ Hip Hop sound again!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:44:42 AM by Rzeed »

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile
Well, most likely, yeah! He lives about an hour away from where I live. I got his phone number and this would be the best experience as well as an opportunity for me since I've been really interested in producing music since I was in High School. Better than that, this is an artist I've heard about 10 years ago, and with the situation with Tanzania's Hip Hop scene, it needs a renevation. The new "Bongo Flava" sound is very commercialized and I would like to hear that old school 90s' TZ Hip Hop sound again!

cool! bro....