Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

da L.E.S...

emceeKasualT · 450 · 210023

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
2008 To DO list:
  • Learn How to Rap
  • Write a Diss Track to Emcee Casual T for starting Da Les thread

Ja Nyambz i feel you on that one cuz i'm tired of this thread too!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:55:40 AM by Tuboy »
M Turn

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
if ur referring to ROCKSTARS!

I am "on the beat and the HOOK!"

ON VERSES :

so fresh is on first
" ...man im a dog, u can check the fleas/
n im always in the kitchen wit dem recipes!/

then koli
"..so what it is homey, u handle ya biz homey?/
the pistol got love that'll leave ya lil bitch lonely/

then k dubz
"...gimme dat deal,lemme eat lemme get a meal/
lemme get sum wheels,lemme pay my baby momma bills/

and k9
"...I got a dream lil nigga, not a dream like Pro/
Tick Tick BOOM! Pedigree gon Blow!

what u think of the track man!

can i add something in here too.

quickly puts together some bling...grabs the dog chain and hooks it onto a pan...nigga i'm ballin...i can't be the odd one out you know...here goes

yo. yo. yo.
my shyt is so up n down like the yo yo
i'm dressed in blue like the popo
this crew is gay you have every right to call them homo

drops the mic...and does a crack peddler lean back...WORD:)

Its that CCCRRRAck!!!!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
LOL !!!  ;D
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
 ;D lol@ Virgin p. ur more than welcome to join the crew with Pyro. We will upgrade your writing skills.lol

what did you think of the track?
Im just trying to establish if its a potential single ;D
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I am serious when I say, that with the exception of maybe Koli and K9, Virginpussy and I could be better emcees than all the crackboys.

i haven't written a rhyme in almost 5 years, but I could do better than Kewpid and those other cats.

Maybe me and VP should join, but then I'd have to bang my head into a wall a few times to lower my IQ.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
I am serious when I say, that with the exception of maybe Koli and K9, Virginpussy and I could be better emcees than all the crackboys.

i haven't written a rhyme in almost 5 years, but I could do better than Kewpid and those other cats.

Maybe me and VP should join, but then I'd have to bang my head into a wall a few times to lower my IQ.

thats the mistake most ppl make. its not just about emceeing, you need the pretty boys to draw attention aswell

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
How about getting a pretty boy with talent?

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
eish...
 a ninja dissapears for a morning and I got my jock stuck down crackboy throat..

My empasis was on the idea that these peeps dont need to 'Do the Homie American' as you have suggested. If u know sharpa like I do from '96 , then you'll know that he sounded hella American when he was fresh off the boat compared to '08. Thats all I meant. You know Sharpa thru the media. I know him personally.

Same with Tumi. We went on tour to Norway with Tumi... he was staying next door to El-P and Aesop Rock. Listen to El-P and Aesop Rock talk... then listen to Tumi... tell me who sounds American. The closest you've come to Tumi is him kicking you off stage.. but its fine.. he sounds American compared to the rest of the local emcees. Which is the only place u do shows.. so thats all u have to compare it to. Im talking global shit here holmes..

either way. Doesnt change the fact that I disagree with your idea that we should all strive to be more American. Why do u wanna be American? U havent even set foot in the states.
Remember when u asked me to crit your album you gave me a while ago...? The first thing I said is... 'this doesnt sound like its from here'.. U say u rep the EC but u dont sound like it. I said if you wanna go global.. be who you are... You have chosen to ignore the advice and hence you're not doing global shit. U're local.. like bad weed. BVK dont even rhyme in English.. they're in China right now performing at the Olympics. Where are the crackboyz..?
They're coming off like a low budget Dipset right now. Which I told you too when I gave u the crit. One show the whole year.. from which they get kicked off stage...? Is this where being American is supposed to get u? C'mon holmes..

lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
eish...
 a ninja dissapears for a morning and I got my jock stuck down crackboy throat..

My empasis was on the idea that these peeps dont need to 'Do the Homie American' as you have suggested. If u know sharpa like I do from '96 , then you'll know that he sounded hella American when he was fresh off the boat compared to '08. Thats all I meant. You know Sharpa thru the media. I know him personally.

Same with Tumi. We went on tour to Norway with Tumi... he was staying next door to El-P and Aesop Rock. Listen to El-P and Aesop Rock talk... then listen to Tumi... tell me who sounds American. The closest you've come to Tumi is him kicking you off stage.. but its fine.. he sounds American compared to the rest of the local emcees. Which is the only place u do shows.. so thats all u have to compare it to. Im talking global shit here holmes..

either way. Doesnt change the fact that I disagree with your idea that we should all strive to be more American. Why do u wanna be American? U havent even set foot in the states.
Remember when u asked me to crit your album you gave me a while ago...? The first thing I said is... 'this doesnt sound like its from here'.. U say u rep the EC but u dont sound like it. I said if you wanna go global.. be who you are... You have chosen to ignore the advice and hence you're not doing global shit. U're local.. like bad weed. BVK dont even rhyme in English.. they're in China right now performing at the Olympics. Where are the crackboyz..?
They're coming off like a low budget Dipset right now. Which I told you too when I gave u the crit. One show the whole year.. from which they get kicked off stage...? Is this where being American is supposed to get u? C'mon holmes..

Done... End conversation right here.

:D

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 ;D so u mad cos i exposed ur back peddlin ;D
sorry man ;D but all i did was show u what u typed. dot be mad :-*

lol. we all tryin to be American man! its a reality! the way we talk,dress,eat,our hobbies,the trends we follow,the tv shows we watch.etc.its beyond hiphop,its a WORLD TREND!

I guess HIDING THAT FACT makes u more South African nowadays. lmao.

U say we a low budget Dipset,
name any SA crew or rapper, and we can point out who he/they is the low budget version of too ;D ;D easy.

Matter fact SA HIPHOP as a whole is a low budget version of American hiphop. so really u aint sayin nothin new. we all aware of that.

like i said,im not attackin Ben n Tumi,or anyone else who has a american accent,so it really doesnt matter whether i know them personally or thru media. either way they sound American.
And its pointless sayin "Compared to a local cat they sound American, but compared to an American cat, they sound South African." hahahaha! cmon man,relax!
El P and Aesop Rock sound retarded anyways ;D ;D ;D ;D
What ur sayin is like sayin "In Queenstown, happy sindane is rich talented and ballin outta control compared to niggas there!" Bottom line - he still broke!  :D u get me?

Im cool with them dudes sounding American, in fact, i support it and i give them props for sounding American! U heard "Yo Sharpa, keep soundin like how u did fresh off the boat. Its okay!!! i support u nyuggga"

ps. One performance is good man! we got more than what we bargained for as far as exposure! in fact we got more exposure than cats whove done 20 shows this yr. its all good! and that was actually our 1rst show! and we damn near turned the game upside down with all the tumbling that went down with us on stage for like what a minute and a half? lol.

i mean we not losing any money from not doin shows, cos local cats mostly do shows for free anyways :) its all good, really!

I aint gon front tho. The UG cats seem to have Europe on lock and we jus not heading that direction with our music so we fallin back on Europe right now! ;D Respec to dem niggas hittin europe tho!!! keep doin it! in fact,stay in europe n rep the flag!

n i love BVK man, specially the FAT DUDE, nigga funny and entertaining. n they do a lot of uplifting work for their community.
Its what veterans shud do!
If only more cats cud quit tryin to steal the shine from the youngns n do like BVK and help out!

we only 5 months in the game. u cant critisize us for not having euro bookings! lol. yall have too much high expectations damn! let us take it slow. :-*
@cash_sog

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
;D Nigga Please ;D

First U Said "they do not have american accents" :

EXHIBIT A :

Ben Sharpa on Europen Tour...
Sweat X toured Europe for a good few months...
Ewok just came back from a stint in Germany...
Bra**e Vannie Kaap is performing at the Olympic games...
and none of these people sound American..
EXHIBIT B:
Tumi, Zubz, Nthabi, Godessa, Zuluboy, Amu etc etc... these people have all had successful stints overseas... no American traits exhibited..
EXHIBIT A(revisited)
Ben Sharpa grew up in Illinois..
hence the accent.
EXHIBIT B(revisited)
Tumi grew up there. So thats obvious.

You know what, i picked that up to, i was gonna say something,

but i decided to fall terug!

*SMH @ THIS THREAD FOR REAL...*
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
It's amazing how many US & European influences local heads have and try to act as if they are original. Be it Mcs, B Boys or Producers. People often attack those who sound like commercial US acts. yet US slang, etc is not a problem so long as you dont sound like 50, but sound like Vast Aire or Immortal Tech or some other underground rapper. 

By the way, I dont think we'll ever reach consensus on what is a South African accent for MCs rapping in English.  Confused as to whether i should say a South African English accent. Is there such a thing?

As much as Izithunywa is dope and authentic, we cant all sound like that. We from different backgrounds, preferences and have different views about hip hop. No need to diss eac other. Do you! If i listen to Tumi / Ben Sharpa / Proverb some friends of mine who are not heads, normally aske. "are these guys south african?" . Some would say "you still listening to this American nonsense" . they would say the same thing about Zubz, Nthabi, Goddesa, to them local hip hop means rapping in local (Indigenous SAfrican) languages. The point i'm making is that it's all about interpretation and preferences.

Just let people be who they want to be. I cant belive that people still fight over accents and dress codes. in 2008! 15 years ago, heads had to deal with the same ish from the general public. Now we are doing it to the youngsters. dissing their gear , music, etc.  That's self hate right there Kasual T.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
look mayne. I get mad over serious shit... like the f***er who scrathed my car or the promoter who books me for a show and acts sheisty.. this is just entertaining really..

Dont dictate my emphasis to me. Im not Kewpid. Like I said... ur urging us to sound American... Im asking where its got you.. you're telling me ONE SHOW!...And lets be honest.. that show was a charity event meaning anyone coulda got put on for it. So in effect .. the past seven months have seen not ONE promoter actually book you for a show. Thats laughable fam.

And to add insult to injury.. my 'backtracking' is said out of personal experience. Khotso (sharpa) was my older bros roomate at Varsity... if you'd heard him then and now.. u would understand that he sounds a shitload less American than ever. Where were u at the concert on the Mount at UCT ? U were in high school...Godessa.. I rhymed with Eloise on POC joints... I battled lady of Shame at Angels.. I rhymed with Nthabi on D's show.. we shared a stage with Zuluboy at the Rand Easter show. Real life experience.. not what I saw on TV.. the problem I have with your opinion is that you're basing things youre saying on what the media has fed u.. u havent walked those streets yet. The empasis is that there are promoters out there who actually cared enough to book these people offshore..
which is more than we can say for your opinion. Not one promoter even in SA? C'mon man..

The sad part is that you're dragging all your ninjas down with you. You got more exposure off that one show... ?have u read the HYPE thread where Mizi said that its f***ers who are performing just for exposure draggin the game down? Clearly not... whos backtracking now... cos u were all over Mizis nuts agreeing over there too...?

Afrikaans emcees sound horrible according to you... but you love BVK. And on on Mr Fat. Dont speak ill of the dead. You see the thing you dont understand ... when you get on AG and you talk shit about cats you dont like or you consider old or not flashy or whatever.. you dont realize that theres people on here who actually know these people personally.. and I can sit back and watch you talk shit about my friends because its AG and Im not an internet thug.. but only for so long..

plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Merch.. I dont hate on anyone...
but the proofs in the pudding...

I got a demo tape once from some kid I didnt know called Young Zooloo.. he was down with the crackboyz at the time. I never got a chance to tell him not to sound so angry on tracks.. just my opinion. I got a cd from cash to crit. I told him my opinion.. exactly what I been saying here. If you dont want my opinion .. then dont give me your shit to crit. If I had hate I woulda said 'f*** off'... In fact Im tryna put people on by letting whoever of my people listen to it... In addition.. Ive given the material to DJ's and said.. heres a new crew... listen to them..play them.. the DJs  laughed at me..

The accent thing... look.. Im not gonna dictate to you how to sound.. but when you go and tell a guy who speaks Afrikaans and rhymes in Afrikaans that he wont get anywhere because of that. Thats hate. Because I know people who rhyme in Afrikaans and theres people who love it...As hip-hop heads... what you really want is for someone to hear an SA and be like..'he's from SA'... a disctinct sound.. we dont have that right now... saying to people 'be as American as possible' isnt the solution.. Look at the Motswako movement... they're doing it... they've created their own niche... And I guess you could argue that the young whipper-snappers are all suburban anyway and they want something as close to suburb English as possible.. that I can buy.. not a blanket 'Be American'..

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
;D Nigga Please ;D

First U Said "they do not have american accents" :

EXHIBIT A :

Ben Sharpa on Europen Tour...
Sweat X toured Europe for a good few months...
Ewok just came back from a stint in Germany...
Bra**e Vannie Kaap is performing at the Olympic games...
and none of these people sound American..
EXHIBIT B:
Tumi, Zubz, Nthabi, Godessa, Zuluboy, Amu etc etc... these people have all had successful stints overseas... no American traits exhibited..
EXHIBIT A(revisited)
Ben Sharpa grew up in Illinois..
hence the accent.
EXHIBIT B(revisited)
Tumi grew up there. So thats obvious.

You know what, i picked that up to, i was gonna say something,

but i decided to fall terug!

*SMH @ THIS THREAD FOR REAL...*

the hilarious part is dude is mad at me now ;D

all i did was expose his "Mad Rapper" moment ;D ;D
now dude slandering the Crackboys like tehy did sum wrong!
Where is the love :D

ps. i was giving Mr Fat props man! he a great activist for hiphop!
No ill word at all!
@cash_sog