da L.E.S...

emceeKasualT · 450 · 210038

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
the launch was tight!
for the first time there were way more chicks than niggas at a SA rappers launch!lol.
dudes performance was solid and performed the club shit,crunk shit,gangster shit,ladies shit and then the tippy toes track!!!

and errbody was rockin the ama kip kip tees!
hes created a solid fanbase,brand and brand partnership!

all the best to LES!

The MVT was in the building too!lookin fresh! with the whole crew rockin MVT IS THE FUTURE TEES!!! tight shit!
Even bumped into Crazy LU there!

yeah EmcceeK, LES is not the best as far as the general old definition of what a rapper supposed to be. But these are new times man. Like u said,then it was about picking out dope lines, how deep the lyrics are, and all that!
But now its about SWAG! Fanbase! SALES! BUZZ! Groupies! BLING! That NEW DANCE! ringtone music! lol. but for real! thats what its about now! if u wana play here now, u gotta be able to play by the NEW RULES!

Look at the guy from Optical Ill, he dun retired now as well(according to HYPE MAG), he say he cant hang with the new hustle, he not relevant anymore! He's right! Its a whole new game now! i respect that dude for bein honest! Boom Bap will never come back! The Golden Era will never come back! Jus like 3-5 yrs from now Crunk will never come back! Hip hop never goes BACKWARDS! its progressive! its an evolving game!

And within the new Game(with the new hustle n rules) as yall wud say, ie.for THE KIDS HIPHOP/RINGTONE/McDonalds clone shit(however uve defined it or tried to understand it), u cannot deny that LES,LU,Crackboys,Gliteratti,MVT,etc are running THAT shit! and THAT shit is where hiphop is ryt now going forward! Until it changes to yet another thing in the future! i welcome that! ive enjoyed and cherished every era in hiphop/rap since 1994. I dunno why yall cats have developed this hanging on to a certain era/set of defined rules complex!

i mean, for real tho, yall niggas gone die and who will be left?
THEM KIDS RYT? so thats where hiphop will live on! wit THEM KIDS! so why act like yall can stop that!? its reality! it will happen and cats like LES are speeding it up at an alarming pace! i know yall older niggas wanted some time to accept this shit, but times up! YUP! i been sayin this will happen when i first came on AG! i even WARNED YALL! niggas thought i was crazy! look now! ;D old niggas is only poppin with European shows(where yall jus on the roster not headlining the shows) while at home the youngns is headlining gainin more respect than yall at home!

niggas goin to Europe growin the hiphop scene there, but at home yall aint growin it! Cats BEEN goin to Europe gettin that money, but have they started any labels to help up n comin cats! Have they used that paper as CAPITAL for growing the NEW MARKET!?

No! and why?lol
cos they just tryin to preserve themselves. sorta like a dyin breed!

they are watching from the sidelines while sa hiphop grows into sumthing you cannot relate to! look at LEE, a hiphop DJ who disses hiphop all the time!??? cos she stuck in what hiphop used to be!
now she dont know hiphop! she cant relate to the changes(and honestly hiphop is alive today cos it keeps changin) she shud be the first to break a LES track! or a Souljah Boy track! And the new SOUND AFTER SOULJAH BOY!
but instead we gettin to listen to the shit we been havin on our PC's for the pas 10yrs? she still tryin to have cyphers on the show n shit! lmao! rather break new artists and get them playlisted! we tired of this.

yall dissin LES for seeing opportunity in a NEW MARKET!??? thats retarded!

;D
GREEN LIGHT - NOW PYRO MAY ADD HIS GAY a** COMMENTS.LMAO ;)
@cash_sog

TaxiDriver

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • I uppercut Amabujwa
    • View Profile

Look at the guy from Optical Ill, he dun retired now as well(according to HYPE MAG), he say he cant hang with the new hustle, he not relevant anymore! He's right! Its a whole new game now! i respect that dude for bein honest! Boom Bap will never come back! The Golden Era will never come back! Jus like 3-5 yrs from now Crunk will never come back! Hip hop never goes BACKWARDS! its progressive! its an evolving game!

Damn man.....u r really excited at this, props to LES but who from Optical Ill retired??cos I heard that BK was no longer with them

Next time try to shorten ur long a** speeches ;D

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Thing is LES will only ever appeal to high school girls as far as I'm concerned?

None of his peers are gonna recognize him as a Solid rapper who represents the culture. Cool shit has changed, believe me i understand that.
But c'mon now, I'm not 18 anymore and even then, i doubt this type of music would appeal to me.
Hes pop straight up and down, thats the bottomline? For a dude to find LES impressive is borderline homo, for real!

I'm a grown a** man, dancing on my tippy toes? WTF? I'd look like a complete dick! As will anyone over 25?

I'm not hating here, so keep your dicks in your pants kiddies. Just feel, if we gonna box homeboy, i'm putting him in the POP category?

I was kinda impressed by the JOZI performance at the Xenophobia gig, as far as a performance goes, i can't stand their music but the performance was solid. I'm sure LES got that type of appeal going with his solo shit. But i really doubt he's dropping a cla**ic album, he's media-hype based so of course he's gonna blow up, if he doesn't, hau!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:03:30 AM by Raiko »
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm a grown a** man, dancing on my tippy toes? WTF? I'd look like a complete dick! As will anyone over 25?

Anyone who has ever seen Raiko will agree with the above statement. It would be a funny sight seeing a big dude doing ballerina steps.

TaxiDriver

• AG Hustler
  • I uppercut Amabujwa
    • View Profile

Newclear

• AG Hustler
  • umzabalazo
    • View Profile
I respect Les & all...homeboy is humble as hell bt i dnt dig his music.like the
rest here i dnt relate to dat crunk ish.i can't deny the fact that its his time to shine
& i'm happy he's going big...one thing we should nt forget is most of us here joined
this(hip hop)culture while we were in high school so if his fanbase is high school kids
then there's nothing wrong wt that.if you dnt dig it just jst skip it.one thing thats f***ed
up will be hatred for them crunk niggas.hop hop is taking another turn so let it be fellasz.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 ;D doing a dance is not about age dog! u probably dont dance at all! n maybe u jus look stupid doin any dance.lol. are u white? hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaa.
kids from 3-peeps from up to 50 yrs were doing inyoka,manyisa,guqa and other dances!
Jus say u jus cant dance, not mention ur age as an excuse! lol.

and yo hiphop went pop from the Notorious BIG/diddy and the fam days. why yall actin like its a new thing! lol. we long accepted hiphop fusing with pop! matter fact biggies Hypnotise,Juicy,Mo money mo problems,Sky is the limit are all pop tracks!
Jay z's biggest hits are pop tracks!
Tupacs Dear mama,Toss it up, How do u want it, Every city we go(same hoe), even HIT EM UP are pop tracks!
Run DMC even did pop tracks back in they day!
Eminem's Stan is a pop track!

So hiphop has been POP now dog.cmon! even Talib Kweli does pop records like Waitin for the DJ! his new joint with Will I Am is a pop track!

MOST HIPHOP HIT RECORDS HAVE BEEN POP RECORDS! even DMX has a Loooong line of POP records!
LupeFiasco got gang of pop records!

So uv been liking POP for ages. i guess u been on a homo tip on the low ;D
@cash_sog

Newclear

• AG Hustler
  • umzabalazo
    • View Profile
I think pop stands for popular,every mcee wants to be popular is n't it?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I respect Les & all...homeboy is humble as hell bt i dnt dig his music.like the
rest here i dnt relate to dat crunk ish.i can't deny the fact that its his time to shine
& i'm happy he's going big...one thing we should nt forget is most of us here joined
this(hip hop)culture while we were in high school so if his fanbase is high school kids
then there's nothing wrong wt that.if you dnt dig it just jst skip it.one thing thats f***ed
up will be hatred for them crunk niggas.hop hop is taking another turn so let it be fellasz.

Well said brah! niggas need to let it go! and let it be! jus like how the older niggas before them,let them be!
stop acting like yall started this shit! there were niggas before yall,n they was sayin n reactin exactly the same as what yall are now.
they were resisting ur come up until they jus let go! n yall did yall thing! now its ur turn to let go!
Jus like we goon hav to let go when its our turn!
@cash_sog

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
one thing we should nt forget is most of us here joined
then there's nothing wrong wt that.

Myself included even before high school, i was referring to High School girls in particular, cause thats who he caters for, in my opinion? LES is riding on that fan base alone, dudes should just be at his gigs to get laid. Participating in a tippy toes dance off, ha ha! Whatever does it for you!

All i'm saying, The latest fashions, bling, tippy toes don't appeal to me. Do your thing! Just don't put homie on a pedestal yet?

His music is pop formula and i'm sure even people that don't like hip hop, would most likely buy into that?
Comparing LES to any of those mentioned is funny, i wasn't comlaining bout pop, i just don't like it. Eat me!

Cash watch yourself my man, i wasn't taking shots, or is it your opinion that only counts?

Why you being defensive?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:31:17 AM by Raiko »
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
sorry man. never meant to offend.real talk.

many cats whove heard les rap can co-sign that he got skills.
lol. no doubt man, i cant really picture u dancin n stuff too! lol. but that dont give u the mandate now to ridicule it,jus cos u cant move ya feet.lol.

all our opinions count,f***! ive learned so much from AG cats!
i jus dont think anybody can say they dont like pop music!
since it really is JUST POPULAR MUSIC like homey said!

U tellin me u dont dig Michael Jackson? Bob Marley,Mary J Blige, U2, The Notorious BIG and practically ALL the GREAT musicians of our time! i cant comprehend that?
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
He got swagger alright! But his rapping naah! maani swear wont watch it again!
Ill stick to the level of  Yung Joc's music ,"its goin down,Slim thug and Clipse-"Wamp wamp" who do that shit with skill man.Its a Saturday be merry niggaz!!!! lets not shoot down anyone tastes tho.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
They had substance! Ok i listen to pop music in that sense. If it's popular just because of good marketing, a dance move or fashion trends, then why the f*** should i conform? i understand the popular music thing, but the poppy shit! You telling me you get down to anything thats popular? Bullshit!

I won't buy into something because the media portrays it as dope?

You telling me you did the macarena in the day! Cause its dope? f***ing hell!

Why should i give up on the shit that made me like Hip Hop to begin with? If thats a matter of not moving on, then i can live with that!

I've never forced my opinion on anyone, be that music as well, it sounds like if we don't get down on our tippy toes, then we hating?

This is an opinion thing, i met LES when he was like 14 or something, you think i'm tryna dim his shine? That would make me a real punk a**.
Dude ain't that bad as a person, i just don't like the music! f***, it's not that serious?

I usually brake shit when i dance, i have a drinking problem! Thats not my point though bout the dance, it's for a certain market, i'm not apart of it?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:01:05 PM by Raiko »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Of course we all dig those people. I was an Mj fan since I can remember, even had the glove and too-short pants shit going when I was a kid (Sad days indeed). That's how I got into dancing, which led to b-boying which led to hip hop ultimately.

The difference between these cats and the pop stars of today though is that those cats innovated, while these new cats just follow the formula of what is selling at the moment.

You shouldn't even be mentioning MJ and LEs in the same topic in my opinion.

Every time this man dropped an album up till before Invincible, he changed the way music sounds and the way we perceive what it should sound like. I don;t see any of the hot cats out now doing that.

So yeah, let Les do what he does, but saying its the best thing ever out of SA or acting like it is in any way fresh and innovative is pushing it dont you think?

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I dont know, but i like LES
9 tha Pedigree