Africasgateway.com

Dumbest Lyricists in the Game Today

phunksuu · 204 · 41684

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
maybe that's the problem then. everything has become "relative" in hip-hop.it's a good thing from an individual perspective,cos people have their own opinions,but collectively, i feel it's pulling hip-hop in a million different directions.oh well.

does Kewpid he have a baby momma ? just asking since he spits about real shit.

lots of them actually ;)

How is he keeping them if he's doing dem faster dan a ferrari??? That's even more worse dan missy's 1 minute man!!!

The 2nd single from les is fire (thats if we ignore les and just concentrate on maggz n de hook)....

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
Goddamn u niggas can write a book in 1 day, u sure have stamina to write up a whole page like it was nothing. Can we get your summarised arguments??please :o
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
again,,, why do another 'Rock Stars' track? It's like 'Tippy Toes' - its' been done already!

We've already had 'Party Like A Rock Star' by Shop Boyz and 'Rockstar' by Luda and R.Kelly.

Doesn't originality count for anything in this new generation hip hop?

We had a totally different approach to the other Rockstars, yeah he under Crackboys, but wats wrong with branching out into other thingz, y cant he get multiple deals.
 @ Dlanet, how many HOW WE ROLLS have bin dun, nw how original was that, and isnt that Trusenz video like the Bone Crusher video, aint non original homez

If you listen to How We Roll it's all about flipping the cliche. It's playing with the corny stereotypes and turning them on their head in an original south african way.

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Goddamn u niggas can write a book in 1 day, u sure have stamina to write up a whole page like it was nothing. Can we get your summarised arguments??please :o

hahahahahaha thats how it is everyday NEW SKOOL VS OLD SKOOL BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY... all this talk is getting a bit to repetive lately

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile

hahahahahaha thats how it is everyday NEW SKOOL VS OLD SKOOL BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY... all this talk is getting a bit to repetive lately

Goodness, I gues its all commedy in here.But I'll gather up enough interest to read some of these posts :-[
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
@ DPLANET!

I dont see anything wrong with cats havin diff tastes. dont act like UR TASTE OR PREFERENCE IS THE ONE ERRBODY ELSE SHUD ALSO HAVE!!!!!

I love all kinds of hip hop. My taste is totally varied - i keep telling you i am not a hip hop purist! Lil Wayne writes some dumb a** lyrics but i've always rated him - go back in history and find the post i made about 2 years ago talking about a freestyle i heard him kick that proved to me that he has lyrics.

Have you ever heard me tell you that the crack boys should change their style? NO! All i've ever said is don't be GENERIC - be ORIGINAL!! Say something NEW!! Come up with a NEW dance!! Dress in your own unique way!! Start your own fashions!!

It's not right to call this new school vs. old skool. I might be old skool (in the sense that i'm old) but i'm not a golden era junkie - i love the way hip hop grows and expands - that's what excites me most.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
dog,to u UG=original, commercial=generic.
we cannot now have a meaniingful discussion as long as u maintain that idea.

to u HOW WE ROLL is original, but me its the same ol UG shit!!!! Its as GENERIC as u can get when it comes to UG rap!!!!! lol.
but of course ur lookin at it only from ur angle so u wont see that!

ur the only one sayin how ORIGINAL how we roll is! anybody else thought that track was groundbreakin,new,fresh? let us know!!!

i dunno man. u jus attackin cats now on no basis except for ur ideals of what hiphop SHOULD BE IN UR EYES.

On Rockstars we sayin we wana live like Rockstars " The ones u see on TV, and the ones u see sellin rocks on the block!!!!" we wana get paper!!!

We dont wana say sum never said before shit! we jus wana talk on wht we goin thru n what we livin, n where we wana be!!

u cant now put rules on what a rapper can write,how to write it,and whats original and whats not? then u dont have rappers! u got DUMN ROBOT NIGGAS FOLLOWIN A BELIEF!!!a system.
We'd rather follow our hearts n f*** if its right or wrong,cos only God can judge that!!

n Kewpid is not SIGNED to CRACKBOYS. WE are all Shareholders! nobody is signed as an artist.if Universal come knockin fo K dubs, i will make sure he gets the deal n grows to his aspirations!!!
@cash_sog

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
maybe that's the problem then. everything has become "relative" in hip-hop.it's a good thing from an individual perspective,cos people have their own opinions,but collectively, i feel it's pulling hip-hop in a million different directions.oh well.

does Kewpid he have a baby momma ? just asking since he spits about real shit.

lots of them actually ;)

How is he keeping them if he's doing dem faster dan a ferrari??? That's even more worse dan missy's 1 minute man!!!

The 2nd single from les is fire (thats if we ignore les and just concentrate on maggz n de hook)....

haha the joint feat Maggz is dope, but I think L-tido had the dopest verse though and thats not the follow up single. Candystore is, and its gone be crazy when it drops
9 tha Pedigree

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
*this is where DPlanet says " isnt Candy store a generic copy of Candy Shop* hahhahahaa
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
haha the joint feat Maggz is dope, but I think L-tido had the dopest verse though and thats not the follow up single. Candystore is, and its gone be crazy when it drops

What’s after that? Get money or get injured while attempting it? The magic Wand?

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
*this is where DPlanet says " isnt Candy store a generic copy of Candy Shop* hahhahahaa

u said it
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
dog,to u UG=original, commercial=generic.

Cash, YOU are the one who is stuck in past, obsessed by labels and definitions. The fact that you keep labeling me as 'underground' just proves that.

I know the difference between original commercial music and the rest, trust me.

we cannot now have a meaniingful discussion as long as u maintain that idea.

I don't maintain that ideal, so we can have a meaningful discussion as long as your mind is open too.

to u HOW WE ROLL is original, but me its the same ol UG shit!!!! Its as GENERIC as u can get when it comes to UG rap!!!!! lol.

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's so i respect that. Obviously I don't agree. 'How We Roll' is about turning stereotypes on their head whilst still being a banging club track - I don't see how that is generic.

but of course ur lookin at it only from ur angle so u wont see that!

...just as you look at things from only your angle so you won't see a lot of things too.

ur the only one sayin how ORIGINAL how we roll is! anybody else thought that track was groundbreakin,new,fresh? let us know!!!

Getting into arguing about How We Roll is pointless. All I can tell you is that it has opened a lot of doors for us. You'd be surprised who's given us props for that track but mentioning names would be pointless because I could just be lying - you'll see the moves though.

'How We Roll' has had 26,800 views on Youtube since August 16th 2007. Average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 (admittedly only 18 votes). Favourited 45 times. 24 comments.

'Please' by The Monopoly has had 892 views on Youtube since October 21st 2007 (2 months less). Average user rating 1 out of 5 (2 ratings). Favourited 1 time. 5 Comments.

You do the maths ;)

i dunno man. u jus attackin cats now on no basis except for ur ideals of what hiphop SHOULD BE IN UR EYES.

I'm not about just attacking cats on no basis - I have opinions, just like you do. I also don't have an idea of what hip hop should be. I love coming across unexpected and interesting mutations - that's what makes hip hop the music and culture that i have dedicated my life to. In all forms of art I respect the cats that originated something new. I also respect the cats that flipped what is already there in a new way. I can't help the fact that I have less respect for people who make music based on formulas.

On Rockstars we sayin we wana live like Rockstars " The ones u see on TV, and the ones u see sellin rocks on the block!!!!" we wana get paper!!!

I guess that's what R Kelly, Luda and the Shop Boyz were saying too?

We dont wana say sum never said before shit! we jus wana talk on wht we goin thru n what we livin, n where we wana be!!

That's cool. Obviously originality is not part of what you're about - I respect that.

u cant now put rules on what a rapper can write,how to write it,and whats original and whats not? then u dont have rappers! u got DUMN ROBOT NIGGAS FOLLOWIN A BELIEF!!!a system.
We'd rather follow our hearts n f*** if its right or wrong,cos only God can judge that!!

But what if following your heart just makes you a dumb robot?

I haven't got a Dplanet rule book. I just have my own ideas about what I think is good and bad - I don't represent anyone but myself. I'm not asking anyone to conform to anything - just giving my opinion on a message board like everyone else.

There's no point bringing God into it because once you put your product out there, everyone can judge it.

n Kewpid is not SIGNED to CRACKBOYS. WE are all Shareholders! nobody is signed as an artist.if Universal come knockin fo K dubs, i will make sure he gets the deal n grows to his aspirations!!!

Good for you. And I honestly hope that happens for you - I'd be the first to toast to your success because I'm not a hater.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
What was this thread about again? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? anyone  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Capital B

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Y is it dat almst evry thread ends up being abt da crakboys n their funky music? Y do we al jst end up discussin da crackboys? Day in n day out. Its always da same thng. Crakboys ths crakboys dat. Cash's bling is fake, crakboys r wak. Do da crakboys run AG? Is there realy nuthn else 2 talk abt? nw i dnt knw da crakboys. Al i knw is dat they r jst a bunch of guys selling sum dvd. Bt it seems as if da whole of AG is fans of da crakboys n their "wack" music n dats including pyro. Can we plz stop talkn abt da crakboys? Sum1 make a thread dats specificaly abt da crakboys wer we cn al go n say wat we thnk abt da crakboys. Pls AG ppl. Lets discuss wat we r suposed 2 discuss within a specific thread. Dnt gt me wrong Im nt tryna stop da crakboys frm shining or wateva  bt da 1st tym i came 2 AG da 1st thng i saw was crakboys n stl a cupl months l8r al i eva read abt is da crakboys. Lyk i dnt hav any problmz wt da crakboys. bt realy therz jst so much crak 1 cn take. so plz ppl. Lets jst leav da guys 2 do wat they do.