Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Beats

1kind · 38 · 12732

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Sorry for the bother, was just not sure where to post this??

Are there any producers in here offering tight beats, to up-coming lyricists for FREE.

If so please reply to this post...cos i don't think I'm ready to be paying R300 for a beat...( ;D what'll my dogs eat??)
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
...cos i don't think I'm ready to be paying R300 for a beat...

HahaHaha..Sorry, i was just wandering how you came up with R300 as a figure?
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
it wudnt be a problem if we @least had a taste o the lyrist's raps, have u recorded anything anywhere whre we can have a listen to?

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile
it wudnt be a problem if we @least had a taste o the lyrist's raps, have u recorded anything anywhere whre we can have a listen to?

Yeah! so we know what we dealing   ;D

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
...cos i don't think I'm ready to be paying R300 for a beat...

HahaHaha..Sorry, i was just wandering how you came up with R300 as a figure?

i was wondering the same thing... did anyone try sell u a beat for 300 bucks?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
R 300 is decent actually
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:28:51 PM by ThreadStalker »
Beating bitches since 1982.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Yeahhh...well Some of these cats be selling these beats for R300 bucks... and that's excluding studio time and mastering. 

Thanks for the voto confidenco J-one...if you wanna check out some of the stuff i'm about check out www.myspace.com/onek1nd...  lotsa stuff i've written but waiting for the proper beat....

Oh... In general how much SHOULD i expect to pay for a beat, cos some of you's are surprised by the R300 quote.

Holla back
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
i belive in what is known as the "labour theory of value"...how much u pay is entirely dependent on how much labour hours it took 4 me to cook the beat. some beats i make in a day, some in two, while some in a coupla hours...now for the throwaway shits (which are still Heat i might add) ima charge u R100. but if u talkin the topshelf, guranteed to get u platinum quicker than u can say 50cent shits ;) ;D ;D, for those ima charge u R350...

so i guess R300 is right about right...

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
word oints...
hope i dnt put y'al producers out of bizness by givn out beats for free...

hehehe ;D
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
back in 03-05, when i was really into the beat making thing. I got away with selling beats for R500 a pop! And i actually sold a couple suprisingly enough.
That was a lot of money, especially cos i was still in varsity. I guess if you put a high price on your stuff it automatically gives the impression that there is value to it. and it worked. dudes would save money to cop my stuff cos there was a belief that it had value. and all my beats had that price tag. whether i made em in 5 minutes or if i actually put any work into them at all. strangely, prospective buyers didnt really hear much of a difference between rushed beats and well done beats so it was always a win - win situation for me.
I say if you are not planning to eat off beats, put a high price to em. you make no loss from people not buying, but when they eventually do buy, the profit is maximum. And lets face it, most of us who were into making beats or still are only did so for fun or for love. so to say we are charging for work put in would be silly.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@ I.Q, too true, i agree it all started with being curios and affectionate towards the whole beatmaking thing for me as well. with time i realised that i could actually get good at it & stopped being naive of the fact that an income can be sourced from it. not tryna sound like a stock broker or nutin but maintaining and suplimenting ur income in however way big or small way to avoid unforseen brokeness is called being savvy, not to mention the key to diversification...

u could sell apples on the street every weekend, or in this case sell beats at the same time u got that nine to five, all under the premise of self preservation...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
word oints...

hehehe ;D

nah money, dnt sweat the technique, got more eggs in other baskets so its cooolneeessss  :D

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

cant say i havent wondered what qualified producers/sound engineers/technitians feel about the rise of music production in the digital domain. this means that every noob with 16mb ram and a 2gig hard drive can bang out an album that would put a monor label record company out of work. that really must suck. imagine going to school for a good 3yrs and getting suckered out of a job by a dude who studied something else. And is still only doing the music thing part time, with his origional 9-5 on lock.

i guess its no excuse tho. we live in an environment where garuantees are no longer part of our vocab. You could be a qualified medical doc today and be an unemployed bankrupt wreck a week later. so yeah. financial freedom is critical. i cant stress how important it is to find multiple sources of income. incase the one avenue closes down, there are still options available.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
if you an upcoming artist and you paying for beats from your own pocket then you don't know how the music industry works