3G iPhone Released

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
SO the 3G iPhone was released to fanboys wet dreams in the US yesterday.

Here is the review:
If you're an avid Symbian, BlackBerry, or Windows Mobile / Exchange user, chances are you might think the iPhone 3G is Apple playing catch-up -- and you're not wrong. 3G, GPS, third party apps, enterprise messaging, these are all old hat. But even the would-be iPhone killers being churned out weekly haven't yet found a way to counter the iPhone's usability and seamless integration of service and software, desktop and mobile, and media and internet.

There are always things that could be improved, features to be added, fixes that should be applied -- but from first to second gen, from year one to year two, Apple has proven itself a relentless upstart in the mobile space, and is showing no signs of slowing down. All those new features give the iPhone even more appeal than ever, but the price is what really seals the deal.

For our money, you're going to have a hard time finding a better device for two hundred bucks -- or maybe even for any price. But that doesn't mean you ought to toss your original iPhone, either. With the release of iPhone 2.0, Apple's given early adopters every possible new feature for free, meaning the iPhone 3G's biggest roadblock to adoption in the US may be its still very worthy predecessor. But as Steve says, "If anybody is going to cannibalize us, I want it to be us." As for the rest of the world? Things are about to get interesting.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/11/iphone-3g-review/

Is this out in SA yet? How much?
Thoughts?

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
yeah, a friend of mine got this from his girl in canada! damn dope noph man :o it is an everything in one!

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
got mine! got mine! got mine! ooooooooooooo loving it!

How much and how do you feel about giving it to deac in return for sexual favours

That not good enough for ya?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
for the equivalent of 240USD...
Wow just $240 sounds heavily subsidised. Is it network locked? Are you obliged to sign a 2yr contract like here in the States?
Or is it shady back of the shop dealings. Fess up Latte!

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
Yes, also had to take a two year contract...othewise I would have had to pay about $900...if I wanted to buy it cash that is. So yeah, its heavily subsidised here too.