Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

HYPE AUG/SEP ISSUE - OUT NOW

mizi. · 140 · 44285

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
the best live show i've seen this year has to be...

max normal - live at albert hall  :o

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the best live show i've seen this year has to be...

max normal - live at albert hall  :o

yeah,,, that was befok

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
In one of the past forums we spoke there were a few suggestions in terms of content and we used some of them in this issue. Please let me know how u feel about these new features. KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP.

1. Ridez has been reworked for this issue (KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP)
2. Sneak Peak - a sneaker culture feature (KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP)
3. HYPE Dip of the month - an eye Candy feature (KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:02:34 PM by mizi. »

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
In one of the past forums we spoke there were a few suggestions in terms of content and we used some of them in this issue. Please let me know how u feel about these new features. KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP.

3. HYPE Dip of the month - an eye Candy feature (KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:01:24 PM by mizi. »

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile

3. HYPE Dip of the month - an ete Candy feature (KEEP, REWORK or SCRAP)

Okay the Rides we keep! no question about it !
Sneak Peak? Not sure what that is
Hype dip? what candy?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

1. Keep.
2. Don't care much for that.But keep for other peeps i guess.
3. Definitely Keep.More pics on the story page would be nice though.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:52:54 PM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Keep all three. Just make sure the honeys are fresh and oiled up well.

No Mingers please.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Hype is getting there, bit by bit,Mizi should go out there and make an appointment,meet up with Dave Mays(im sure hes not busy these days) and share ideas.

I think this has been said many times, headz unite to crush this ever persistant bug of mediocrity. Wouldnt it be better not to fit in to any of these but instead go their own ways. Rewrite the pages of society´s rule book. f***, it wouldnt be a problem to me if i didnt feel like somehow we are being programmed subconciosly all in name of that dumb  bitch called hiphop.

erikah

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
OK....OK....OK....ERRRBAAADY IS GAAANIN AAN & AAN & AAN...ME
THINKS DA ISSUE IS WHAT HIP HOP REPRESENTS.....4 SUM INDIVIDUALS........WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO DO KAHLE KAHLE...VISION IS VERY IMPORTANT....I DONT SEE INDIVIDUALZ,STYLE WISE,PERFORMANCE WIZE.....THATS WHY DA CORPS SHUVVV ERRBAADY IN THEIR BOXES...WHERE ARE ALL DA WARRIORZ AT....IF SHAKA  & HIS BOYZ CUD HOOK IT UP NIHLULWA HINI?????ERIKAH........HOLLA BLAK

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
THINKS DA ISSUE IS WHAT HIP HOP REPRESENTS.....4 SUM INDIVIDUALS........WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO DO KAHLE KAHLE...VISION IS VERY IMPORTANT....I DONT SEE INDIVIDUALZ,STYLE WISE,PERFORMANCE WIZE.....THATS WHY DA CORPS SHUVVV ERRBAADY IN THEIR BOXES...WHERE ARE ALL DA WARRIORZ AT....IF SHAKA  & HIS BOYZ CUD HOOK IT UP NIHLULWA HINI?????ERIKAH........HOLLA BLAK

i can picture u playing with your braids...saying the above, blowing bubbles with your gum while picking out ur wedgy...

even though i can't make much sense of what you saying i'm more concerned about what "THATS WHY DA CORPS SHUVVVV ERRRRRRBAAADY IN THEIR BOXES" means...

otherWIZE stay Wize style wise, perfomance wize and all ;D
 am hell behold!

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile

i can picture u playing with your braids...saying the above, blowing bubbles with your gum while picking out ur wedgy...

even though i can't make much sense of what you saying i'm more concerned about what "THATS WHY DA CORPS SHUVVVV ERRRRRRBAAADY IN THEIR BOXES" means...

otherWIZE stay Wize style wise, perfomance wize and all ;D

easy on the newbie!!!
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
No, I agree with Mizi. The pond is too small at the moment to warrant that kind of competetiveness. It would be better to set a minimum standard first.
very good editorial king. and i agree with you to a certain extent cos i know what artists go through, not cos i manage some but also have been on the other side of the fence to experience the trials of puttign together a gig.

i think if this becomes the industry standard, we also need to be clear with the fact that, the lil ciphers, lil sessions we might as well kiss them goodbye. and unfortunately this has been the gra**roots platform that has allowed HH to exist in the streets with minimal input from the corporates. so if you are gonna look at how much ive collected at the door and then demand to be paid this industry standard, i aint never doing a gig without a sponsor.

lets break it down just a lil:

i use a venue that can accommodate 300 people and charge R20 at the door = R6000 revenue generated

* i could choose to charge R50 but that means the attendance might be halfed (u know how Heads is when the price is like dat, LOL)

the venue costs me R3500
the fliers cost me R1500
the sms invites cost me R500
turntables and a CDJ cost me R800 after breaking ma back negotiating

profit made: -R300

AHHHHHHHHH but the venue was mad packed and Hype mag happens to have been there, to write about it on its scenes pages, so the cats did not only get to be on the flier but they went onto be reviewed on a national platform and hence more exposure in that sense.

an a**istant producer for headrush/shiznizz and all these other hh TV shows use HYPE as a research tool checking whats hot and whats not. Hype mag also will probably be more interested in profiling an artist after they've seen them tear a show apart, and or it would be easier for these artists who were on the lil cypher to be on HYPE sessions because something was written about them somewhere in the gig review.

local and community radio stations also use Hype mag as a research tool to hunt for whoever hype says is hot for interviews etc....

those are just some of the minor benefits that i feel the sessions do offer to emerging artists. they may not be enough but they are very critical seed planting platforms for future developments in these emerging artist's careers.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
No, I agree with Mizi. The pond is too small at the moment to warrant that kind of competetiveness. It would be better to set a minimum standard first.
very good editorial king. and i agree with you to a certain extent cos i know what artists go through, not cos i manage some but also have been on the other side of the fence to experience the trials of puttign together a gig.

i think if this becomes the industry standard, we also need to be clear with the fact that, the lil ciphers, lil sessions we might as well kiss them goodbye. and unfortunately this has been the gra**roots platform that has allowed HH to exist in the streets with minimal input from the corporates. so if you are gonna look at how much ive collected at the door and then demand to be paid this industry standard, i aint never doing a gig without a sponsor.

lets break it down just a lil:

i use a venue that can accommodate 300 people and charge R20 at the door = R6000 revenue generated

* i could choose to charge R50 but that means the attendance might be halfed (u know how Heads is when the price is like dat, LOL)

the venue costs me R3500
the fliers cost me R1500
the sms invites cost me R500
turntables and a CDJ cost me R800 after breaking ma back negotiating

profit made: -R300

AHHHHHHHHH but the venue was mad packed and Hype mag happens to have been there, to write about it on its scenes pages, so the cats did not only get to be on the flier but they went onto be reviewed on a national platform and hence more exposure in that sense.

an a**istant producer for headrush/shiznizz and all these other hh TV shows use HYPE as a research tool checking whats hot and whats not. Hype mag also will probably be more interested in profiling an artist after they've seen them tear a show apart, and or it would be easier for these artists who were on the lil cypher to be on HYPE sessions because something was written about them somewhere in the gig review.

local and community radio stations also use Hype mag as a research tool to hunt for whoever hype says is hot for interviews etc....

those are just some of the minor benefits that i feel the sessions do offer to emerging artists. they may not be enough but they are very critical seed planting platforms for future developments in these emerging artist's careers.

well said!!!!!!
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

1. Keep.
2. Don't care much for that.But keep for other peeps i guess.
3. Definitely Keep.More pics on the story page would be nice though.

1. Keep! CAN I FEATURE ON IT???? lol. we need Artists featuring there!
2. THERE IS A GOD! FINALLY! my prayers have been answered! thank u sneaker god BOBITTO!
3.YES! YES! YEEEEEES! Mo honeys man! n every issue must have a chick poster on the reverse side! YES!!!!!! great lower body stimulation!!!!
@cash_sog

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Well said Mr Pound.

You're dead right. I guess it's a difficult position we're all in. But its all economics though dont you think? Venue and sound costs are rigid. I think we as promoters should treat artists the same as well. Get a cost from them, add that to the venue cost and factor in the amount to be collected at the door. That will tell you if the gig is viable or not.