Africasgateway.com

Who's going to represent SA in London?

mr_meen

• hip hop aint about what it is these days its about what it aint
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • NINJAHAMSTER - SA's Turntablist Community
Previously advertised at The a**embly this Friday, but moved to Mercury Live, Friday 8 August
43 De Villiers St, District 6 (Zonnebloem)

Cutting it to the top in their respective provinces, six of the most innovative and skilled turntablists in the country gather in the Mother City to compete for over R50 000 worth of prizes and the chance at representing South Africa at the World DMC Final Weekend (26th & 27th September at Indig02, London), in which over 40 countries take part.

Each DJ has six minutes to rock the house and get the crowd roaring. These amazing feats of accuracy and extreme speed are performed exclusively on vinyl, using two turntables and a mixer.

Expect a host of high intensity displays that will leave your jaw on the floor. Space is limited, so be sure to book at http://www.webtickets.co.za to avoid disappointment.

More info, check: www.dmcbattle.co.za + www.dmcdjchamps.com

Brought to you by DMC, the world's biggest and longest running DJ organisation.

REGIONAL FINALISTS
- DJ Niffty (JHB)
- Shameless (CPT)
- The Cutt (JHB)
- Dakin Auret (DBN)
- Optimus Prime (BFN)
- Indaba Winner (CPT) 01/08/08

SUPPORTING ARTISTS AT THE FINALS
- Sibot
- Klinikal
- Johnny Filter
- White Nite
- JDL Quake
- Nastie.Ed
- The Realist
- Just be...?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Who is this Optimus Prime dude? Is he from Bloem?

I've never heard of him. What's his real name, or where did he used to play?

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
I'm hoping on The Cutt man, if he's the same lanky cat I'm thinking on. His opening for Q-Bert upped my respect for him no end. He was pissing on those Joburg cats at Carfax too man no headphones and shit. Like he just got out of bed.  He's got a battle on his hands but yeah, heart's with him.

mr_meen

• hip hop aint about what it is these days its about what it aint
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • NINJAHAMSTER - SA's Turntablist Community
I'm hoping on The Cutt man, if he's the same lanky cat I'm thinking on. His opening for Q-Bert upped my respect for him no end. He was pissing on those Joburg cats at Carfax too man no headphones and shit. Like he just got out of bed.  He's got a battle on his hands but yeah, heart's with him.

Yeah he's the lanky one, he's got skillz man. He's also been battling for years, so he has the experience. Just has to work on his stage presence and he's a top contender. Nifty though has got his shit down, he's Jozi's favourite for top spot, but the CPT dj's are as ill as they come, so we'll have to see.