Africasgateway.com

The beat Oven Vol 4 Mixtape Launch - PE - 03 Aug

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Would be dope to get to a point where Mixtapes will be about the Deejay's again and not the rappers.

Like that sucker show in PTA last week. How can there be a battle of Mixtapes and its all about the emcee's? WHat a sham.

im sure nyambo ddnt mean they r just about the Dj, but DJ's make Mixtapes, and if we had to go into the history of mixtapes, they've always been used as promotional tools, yes for artists, but by DJ's, cos they are the ones who used to be on the frontline, breaking records at clubs etc. so in that sense, he is correct in them being about the DJ's, but obviously because they aint MC's their mixtapes will be promoting MC's type ish.

Eish, id rather not say much about the show in PTA, on a real, cos i might just be considered biased.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Would be dope to get to a point where Mixtapes will be about the Deejay's again and not the rappers.

Like that sucker show in PTA last week. How can there be a battle of Mixtapes and its all about the emcee's? WHat a sham.

Mixtapes aint just about Dj`s, its about the collective effort between the emcee and the dj... after all where will the music come from  ???
maybe kenzhero and clive should start thinking like drama and skee

well thats what The beat Oven has been doing for the past couple of years checkout http://www.loadtheshow.com/show/The_Beat_Oven and tell me what u think

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
^^^Load the show wont allow any more downloads for some reason. How about a link of the tape???
Beating bitches since 1982.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Nope wasnt at the show. But i dont even think Hakeem has a mixtape?? So whats the criteria then for having a battle?

I dont think a sit down will help anything. People will always do what they want and say what they want.

Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm

im sure nyambo ddnt mean they r just about the Dj, but DJ's make Mixtapes, and if we had to go into the history of mixtapes, they've always been used as promotional tools, yes for artists, but by DJ's, cos they are the ones who used to be on the frontline, breaking records at clubs etc. so in that sense, he is correct in them being about the DJ's, but obviously because they aint MC's their mixtapes will be promoting MC's type ish.

Eish, id rather not say much about the show in PTA, on a real, cos i might just be considered biased.

Look - I honestly am not biased too... I think yo'll know that that show had flaws [HUGE ONES]

But some performances had Dj's - Maggs and Hakeems...although the set was prepared - but the dj was there... problem is that the preparedness of the dj sequencing performances with the artist was off on all performances .... no lie... I think before one has to say stuff...experience them first and then ahev your say to be scrutinized!

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
@ Ruthless i agree with you. BUt what would you call it when the whole event is dedicated to the rapper?

Maybe we should just get a new term for what emcees do when they release an album indie (thats y i have always said that the the "Diary of Legends" will be a street album and not a mixtape)
unless u get a dj to actually "mix" ur stuff, dont call it a mixtape  8)

Gene Gray

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
@ Daddy Dearest. But you think talking to them will help. Some have their heads shoved up their own a**es too high to realise what the people want...qouting Act Won off the The Roots - Things Fall Apart thats the reason people don't come, if you randy a** muthf%^$#er played what the people liek, the people will come

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
@ Ruthless i agree with you. BUt what would you call it when the whole event is dedicated to the rapper?

I dont recall seeing you there my nicc! Was it he say she say you gathered? I dont endorse such lousiness but what I stand for is us going to support our fellow musicians and standing up for what is supposed to be right if we're not content.

I was there and was not content even with some performances...therefore I think we need to sit down and talk with these promoters...

yeah nyambino is correct in what people will say and do, as for the event, a lot of mis-calcs - there has never been a HH gig @ state Theatre that charged more than r50, Month End Nogal, this was mid month???????R100? well thats what happened when ppl read on Hype about Cap City Gigs and think that it would make sense to just throw a gig there. u dont know how many ppl i asked about the gig and they gave me the "WHAT" look, so yeah, marketing also. what ive realised, radio is good, but doesnt guarantee a turnout, STATE THEATRE aint party people, totally different target market, so R100 bucks wouldnt have flown even if it was month end, maybe im wrong

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

Look - I honestly am not biased too... I think yo'll know that that show had flaws [HUGE ONES]

But some performances had Dj's - Maggs and Hakeems...although the set was prepared - but the dj was there... problem is that the preparedness of the dj sequencing performances with the artist was off on all performances .... no lie... I think before one has to say stuff...experience them first and then ahev your say to be scrutinized!

the guy that was not HAKEEm's DJ he was just pressing the buttons, so i did experience the show, unfortunately i ddnt see MA double's set, but i believe it was hot, as for Morale's i saw a lil bit o it, it was with Yaneek and he was just also Hyping the crowd. as for Hakeem's set, he wasnt hakeem's DJ, he was just pressing the buttons, cos i think he was one o the organisers

Gene Gray

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
I agree with Buff on this one...teh proper research was never taken and you expect it to work, then you got the event organizers beefing that PTA crowd is not supprtive and responsive...before you ever pa** blame..look to yourself first...The bible can back me on that one!

Someone needs to start HH gigs 101...

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
^^^Load the show wont allow any more downloads for some reason. How about a link of the tape???

eish this loadtheshow thing. i havent gotten around to zsharin the whole mixtape, but will look for some ish and send through to you

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
how do i get hold of the mixtape...i missed the anvils in durbs coz of exams...plus i gat R30 to spare on gud music...

halla back
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

eish this loadtheshow thing. i havent gotten around to zsharin the whole mixtape, but will look for some ish and send through to you

Please bud, would really appreciate it.
Beating bitches since 1982.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
how do i get hold of the mixtape...i missed the anvils in durbs coz of exams...plus i gat R30 to spare on gud music...

halla back

eish 2 ways bro: there is a concept store thats ran by raw Kid, he had copies, but a more definite one would be to look for a shop that sells Butan Wear, their winter range is being released with the moxtape, it that doesnt work out for your budget, register on loadtheshow.co.za and download the whole mixtape, im sure ur r30 will get u somewhere.

if that doesnt work too, well bomrush a ride down to PE this coming sunday, LOL, ignore the last bit, i hope this helps. U C this indie grind ish aint easy hey.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

halla back

eish 2 ways bro: there is a concept store thats ran by raw Kid, he had copies, but a more definite one would be to look for a shop that sells Butan Wear, their winter range is being released with the moxtape, it that doesnt work out for your budget, register on loadtheshow.co.za and download the whole mixtape, im sure ur r30 will get u somewhere.

if that doesnt work too, well bomrush a ride down to PE this coming sunday, LOL, ignore the last bit, i hope this helps. U C this indie grind ish aint easy hey.

aint sure whether u got these joints by the anvils, they aint on the mixtape, but should u not have them:

• The Anvils ft 50 Cent – Looking like that (LINK REMOVED/audio/1102500699940313/)

The Anvils – Boose, Brauds, Bangers (LINK REMOVED/audio/110252349a4d58a5/)