Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

**** THE SAMAS

· 13 · 5002

Anonymous

LOOK HERE GUYS! FINE WE ALL KNOW THAT TUMI & HIS VOLUME SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE AWARD BUT INSTEAD SKWATTA TOOK IT...BUT NOW THAT THE AWARDS ARE OVER AND DONE WITH LETS MOVE ON AND WORK ON THE ASPECTS OF TUMI THAT WERNT SO OBVIOUSLY APPRECIATED. FOR STARTERS : CAN WE HAVE MORE FREQUENT PERFORMANCES BY TUMI AND IF THEY`VE BEEN THERE CAN THEY BE MORE PUBLISISED SO THAT MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEM AND NOT ONLY YFM LISTENERS...SECONDLY CAN TUMI GO OUT AND ATTEND CELEBRITY  PARTIES ETC SO THAT HE CAN BE RECOGNISED COS AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS THAT LITTLE SCHOOL CHILD WHOS VOTE FOR TUMI WILL COUNT NEXT YEAR.BU AS LOYISO GOLA SAID,"LIFE SUCKS!" BUT TUMI IS STILL YOUNG SO HIS GOT HIS WHOLE LIFE TO IMPROVE ON HIS STATUS AND SHOW US HIS TRUE COLOURS!!!PEACE!!! :-)

Anonymous

WHAT MAKES TUMI SO GOOD?  TELL US?
HIS FAKE a** AMERICAN ACCENT AND HIS BAND FULL OF WHITEBOYS?  HE PERFORMS FOR WHITE KIDS?  f*** THAT AINT HIP HOP.
SK DESERVED THAT AWARD.  WELL DONE SK!!!!!!!!!!!!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
so what white boys human to u need to analyze talent and not a race
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah milk is white so u gonna hate him to for loving hip hop.what is hip hop? who owns hip hop? give me answers
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Anonymous

im not going to hate. sk did deserve the award yes. i agree.gallo met the payola and the chickenheads did the rest.

personally mkhukhu funkshen was not the greatest produced album.i prefer coolin to sum cash money millionaire(another wack album) than listen to it.

these cats have the talent, the ethic n the resources but they piss em away with weak releases.

the only thing mkhukhu funkshen did for sa hip hop last year, was turn alot of pantsulas into aspiring rappers n give the groupies reason to memorize the whole crews names.

this goes for amu too.

tumi n the volume however for those that r quick to call em whiteboys  are a crew i can respect, tumi is ill whether or not he uses an american accent. Im a new jack still, been listenin to hip hop since 96 but i feel i kno more bout the culture than most of these pie-eyed vets.not that they dont kno but they choose to forget.

HIP HOP DOES NOT SEE CULTURE, SKIN, CREED, LANGUAGE, OR HOW NASAL TONED UR FLOW IS.YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED AS AN ARTIST IF U HAVE THE WORKING OF AN ARTIST(yes sk are brilliant artists).

CATS THAT RUN THEY MOUTHS BOUT ABO-KRISH ABO-KRISH 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME DONT EVEN KNO A SINGLE P.O.C. TRACK, THEY FELL ON THE h20/mzekezeke BANDWAGON THE SAME WAY ALOT OF BLACKS FELL FOR THE DEAD PREZ THANG AND ARE NOW ANGRY THAT THEIR LEADERS HAVE PROVEN TO BE PROSTITUTES

about white people in hip hop, it only means its growing and cats need to just deal with it.U cannot contest the fact that sum of the illest in this country are white.And most times, blacker than u in thier domes.

Hip Hop culture is a positive tool for social change- the zulu infinity lessons

im seeing changes(no positive without  the negative so ill have the last laugh).

http://www.zulunation.com/hip_hop_history_2.htm" TARGET="_blank">Page Title

at least the acts in this country are not totally lost, most of them still meet the requirements of real HIP HOPPERS

Anonymous

Meant to add this here....
First of all i have beef with the way the Hiphop category is setup!!! calissifying artists and groups together is already wrong..... it should be split up.

Ok, so my question is, if cats aint feeling the peoples and judges call for the SAMA"s!!! where do you rate crews besides SK, in other words who would you put next years lineup as a fair lineup with no gripes as to you wins it... like a top 5 crews and a the top 5 individual artists.

Group....(1 to 5)

Individual Artist (1-5)

this ought to be good......  

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Word 2 ma brotha man, i´m wit you on this thread.
Lee from Harambe show on Yfm said it wasn´t fair cos the whole SK Crew were up & against solo artists.

http://www.sonymusic.com/images/emailimages/xecutioners/header.jpg">
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

Anonymous

Tumi should have won it because of the following reasons:
* musically, his sound is mature, it fuses a number of genres(jazz, rock,rhythm & blues) + poetry and still sounds like hip hop. He plays withone of the best bands around across all music genres.
* Lyrically, his rhymes are clearly well though out and cleverly constructed. (He does not just say kasi, mzantsi as some local mcees). the guy probably spends a lot of time writing and rewriting his lyrics. Simplicity in lyrics may work for some but if its too simple its no longer art& not different kwaito.
*it is a live album which is not easy to put togethor.

I can go on and on but I dont have the time.

Jeolous down, umona phantsi, Tumi had the best album out last year. Amu also had a good album. One of them desrved the album. For sheer hard work & artistry.

wackysexy

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
hello everyone the samas were cool man but relo was dressed like such a b***tch!!
ackysexy

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
rule of thumb: hiphop, or rap music to be more exact, and award shows dont mix.

And if you would buy albums by those artists that you feel deserve critical acclaim then actually they dont NEED these awards. For example underground cats like Necro, Canibus, Cormega and Non-phixion dont have a huge fanbase or media attention. But their fanbase is LOYAL, hence such awards dont mean anything to them.
In short I´m saying that cats should stop complaining about the industry not doing enough for their favourite artists and make moves themselves. I am not calling for alienation from the SAMAs because even hiphoppers are South African! I see too much hatin and not enough constructive action.

aight
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Anonymous

I hear you fahfee.
Personally I buy anything I like. If could i would buy Tumi´s album 100 times. If there were cd´s that good I dont mind buying them.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:

31-05-2004 at 18:16, Anonymous :
WHAT MAKES TUMI SO GOOD?  TELL US?
HIS FAKE a** AMERICAN ACCENT AND HIS BAND FULL OF WHITEBOYS?  HE PERFORMS FOR WHITE KIDS?  f*** THAT AINT HIP HOP.
SK DESERVED THAT AWARD.  WELL DONE SK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to follow up on the whiteboy thing:
My Man Rob_One is a white jewish kid and he´s been down with the Hiphocalypse rep´ing the Real Hip Hop since last year!
Race really isnt an issue and if the chicken head that wrote that had half a brain they´d know that!
As for the SAMA´s next year I think we should start a seperate thread with our ideas of good nominations...you never know who might read it...WhatUp Lee!

Dokter

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I don´t think it´s right to be shooting Skwatta Kamp down for their win - they did their music and the people that run the SAMA´s felt that they were the best.

Word in the industry is that the SAMA´s are actually quite f***ed up though - from the people that organize the event to the people that merit the entries. The SAMA´s are not based on votes from the public - there are only a few awards that are determined by public vote - e.g. I think "Song Of The Year" is one - so the Skwatta Kamp award was not down to public votes. No disrespect to Skwatta Kamp and any of the other winners. They worked hard and got rewarded - Big up.

But frankly, the people in the whole SAMA movement don´t know what the f*** they are doing. Really - I mean, did this year´s award show really look so prestigious? Empty seats, school a**embly seating, I didn´t see one red carpet, etc... this is supposed to be the SOUTH AFRICAN MUSIC AWARDS!! Did anyone detect any excitement throughout the show?

I can go on and on... but one thing, just be aware that the SAMA´s are not all that. How many people you know actually knew when the SAMA´s were going to be screened, let alone watched it.

My opinion: If you didn´t win a SAMA, don´t despair, it doesn´t do anything really special to your career in the industry as far as recognition is concerned. It doesn´t come close to what it means to an American artist winning a Grammy, World Music Award, etc. The SAMA´s are way too thin. The only reason it means a lot to some artists is because there is no other "award" that is considered national.

And the beat goes on...
Peace