Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

HALELLUEA PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
http://www.fin24.com/articles/default/display_article.aspx?Nav=ns&ArticleID=1518-25_2375029

Petrol price set for huge cut

Aug 13 2008 10:35AM
Joanita Cillié
Johannesburg - The petrol price looks set to drop by the biggest percentage in more than ten years in September.
While the drop will bring relief to motorists, it will come at a price for petrol station owners.

T-Sec economist Mike Schüssler estimates that the decrease could be approximately R1 for petrol and R1.60 for diesel if the oil price remains low and the rand remains strong.

Changes in fuel prices come in to effect on the first Wednesday of a new month. If the price dips sharply, petrol station owners who bought fuel at the more expensive price will sell it at a loss as of the day of the change. On top of this, motorists will wait for the lower price before they fill up their vehicles.

This could result in petrol stations keeping their supply low until the Tuesday, or they might even allow supply to run out. Oil companies will then struggle on the Wednesday to meet the demand. They could also lose large sums of money on their bulk buyers if petrol stations place their orders for delivery after the price decrease.

Peter Noke, national director of the South African Petrol Retailers' a**ociation (Sapra), says the organisation has asked oil companies to supply fuel to petrol stations at already slightly cheaper prices, even before the price decrease. This will help spread out the losses.

"One wants the price to come down, but at about 30c per month," says Peter Morgan, head of the Fuel Retailers a**ociation, which represents approximately 1 300 petrol station owners. After a difficult 12 months in the industry, a big drop of R1 on the fuel that is already in the tanks could be a tough blow for petrol station owners.

"People won't survive it," says Morgan.

Good idea

Sapra and the Fuel Retailers a**ociation have already encouraged their members to place their orders with caution.

"I have to warn you against the use of this early information when you make purchasing decisions, but I also think it is important information to share with you," Morgan says in a letter that was sent out on August 8.

Schüssler says it could be a good idea to implement an early price decrease next month, in stead of one big decrease on September 3.

"Consumers are screaming for it and petrol stations need it," he says.

A drop in price could bring greater sales volumes, and could increase the profit percentage.

The volume of fuel that was sold in the second term this year is 6% lower than those of the first term, according to the South African Petroleum Industry a**ociation (Sapia). This is mainly due to price increases.
Beating bitches since 1982.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
i bet the taxi fare won't go down....so f*** em
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
co-sign myth
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm glad. Maybe I might even be able to pick up a petrol station for a good price when the owner goes bankrupt.

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
It's good news but let's not get too excited. In comparison with amount of times it has risen in the last few years, this drop is nothing, it's still f*ckin expensive. And we all know it's gonna go up again. ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
It's good news but let's not get too excited. In comparison with amount of times it has risen in the last few years, this drop is nothing, it's still f*ckin expensive. And we all know it's gonna go up again. ::)

don't be so pessimistic! :)

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile

Bet yo salary hasn't dropped to. So u fine b. Hahaha. Just glad that ma brushcutters will save a bit on that loot. hahaha
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala