Africasgateway.com

Producers

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i think mixing is the most important stage. a lot of SA hip hop tracks aren't mixed and EQ'd well at all.

I don't think cats spend enough time editing and EQing their vocals too.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
tippy toes was poorly mixed. the vocals are really low. does anyone else notice this or is it how the radio version is? or maybe my car speakers?

Bumb tippy toes nicca???? I wont in my lifetime do such...

Anyway...I used to be terrible hecticly, but yes...the learning process is great and one is improving every project...in fact... I sometimes buy spindle of 50cd's just to burn and listen to it over and over again! Its a kak process but work...in addition..I take out the most quality cd - [no mp3s] and compare sounds with that... use stuff mastered by maybe Troy Hightower or that nigga who masteres Jay-Z stuff...

Thats my take...

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
i think mixing is the most important stage. a lot of SA hip hop tracks aren't mixed and EQ'd well at all.

I don't think cats spend enough time editing and EQing their vocals too.

I found that mastering on hardware makes it alot easier to get the desired sound then on software, since you can add alot more to a track with hardware compressors without having to worry bout distortion

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
tippy toes was poorly mixed. the vocals are really low. does anyone else notice this or is it how the radio version is? or maybe my car speakers?

You play it in your car?  ??? lol
yeah the vocals do sound very low, but i guess its coz they knew that its the beat that counts in such songs
nah...it plays on radio, when im in my on my way home from work. heard it a couple times. seems to be getting mad spins on y
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

You play it in your car?  ??? lol
yeah the vocals do sound very low, but i guess its coz they knew that its the beat that counts in such songs
nah...it plays on radio, when im in my on my way home from work. heard it a couple times. seems to be getting mad spins on y

Have you considered frequency filtering???? Cuz, in my knowledge, what you hear is not exactly how it sounds...frequency sometimes changes sounds...my 2bop worth!

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment

Have you considered frequency filtering???? Cuz, in my knowledge, what you hear is not exactly how it sounds...frequency sometimes changes sounds...my 2bop worth!

even the tv version sounds like that and i heard them play it at musica... the base is loud with very low vocals.. with a few EQ tweaks it could of sounded good

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

Yeah I.Q. I hear u...and it actually sounds worse on headphones...

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile

besides.. im with ma dude nyambz on this... broher has catalogue of over 3000 beats!!!! and u skeem he thugged this one beat?????? nigga please!

abanye abantu ba muncu.

andiyazi nokuba ndinga yiqala ngaphi le into yokuba umntu angeba umsebenzi wonye umntu, nize nina apha nenze ngathi akukhonto.
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
^^^^ hahahahahaha, WTF did u just say?

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

besides.. im with ma dude nyambz on this... broher has catalogue of over 3000 beats!!!! and u skeem he thugged this one beat?????? nigga please!

abanye abantu ba muncu.

andiyazi nokuba ndinga yiqala ngaphi le into yokuba umntu angeba umsebenzi wonye umntu, nize nina apha nenze ngathi akukhonto.

This will make sense if someone translated - not even google can do that!

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
andi qondi ukuba kulama rhanuga alapha linga khona elino kwazi. ;)

as'tolikwa mfana, ukuba unguye ke phofu.
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
My xhosa isnt spot on but here is a loose translation.

First post is

"Otha people are sour/upset.
I dont even knw where to begin
That som1 can steal anathas job
And u guys cum here,and act like its nothing."

Second post is a bit too higher grade. something about not being able to translate xhosa

But please lets not dwell on this. If anyone wants to clarify anything feel free to contact me on 082 083 5677 or send me an email nyambz@gmail.com Its a bit petty to be brave enough to make coments and yet hide behind a language.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:02:44 PM by NyambinO the Jeweler »
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
My xhosa isnt spot on but here is a loose translation.

First post is

"Otha people are sour/upset.
I dont even knw where to begin
That som1 can steal anathas job
And u guys cum here,and act like its nothing."

Second post is a bit too higher grade. something about not being able to translate xhosa

But please lets not dwell on this. If anyone wants to clarify anything feel free to contact me on 082 083 5677 or send me an email nyambz@gmail.com Its a bit petty to be make coments and yet hide behind a language.

quite!!!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

ree

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
on the new hype mixtpae there a couple a track that really werent mixed right at all ... like the damola and ondaground track n substance as well ..
illuminatemusic.blogspot.com
myspace.com/illumin_8

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
on the new hype mixtpae there a couple a track that really werent mixed right at all ... like the damola and ondaground track n substance as well ..

That track was sumthing else...

let me shed the light....

Beat from: Sam Simose [all those that know how this guy works will say he will give you whatever that comes out (of the SP I think) and burn it on cd - I never met him but thats the word....

Vocals recorded at my spot: SIAMESE Entertainment

Track featured on Hype was not mastered but given to artist for their listening pleasures...but funny i get to find it there....

Get the proper one on Ondagrnd's album coming out soon!