Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Producers

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Too much hardware....too many pieces doing minimal functions...especially with the first set up.....would rather go with that ROLAND (i think its the MV 8000) piece that boxes up a lot of funtions into one piece...more mobility and ease of function...i should be able to get around my entire set up without rolling around the entire room just like the last set up....equipment on top of each other is just outright uncalled for  ;D, Lol at the second last set up.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Too much hardware....too many pieces doing minimal functions...especially with the first set up.....would rather go with that ROLAND (i think its the MV 8000) piece that boxes up a lot of funtions into one piece...more mobility and ease of function...i should be able to get around my entire set up without rolling around the entire room just like the last set up....equipment on top of each other is just outright uncalled for  ;D, Lol at the second last set up.

The first setup is cool...only if one can get the MV8000 in SA without paying over 2K at customs...YES...I asked for taxes...and they outright told me the rates regarding to the items purchased overseas with that value...I was disappointed and just got to France just to have that MV glance  :'( - any idea where in SA I can find the MV8800?

As for too much hardware...man...Im a gadget freak...i wouldn't mind...I think my spot is almost heading that way tho...but like I said...I wanna get rid of most/all.

This is the kinda studio I hate!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:49:53 AM by tRompIe »

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
last one in trompies pics is like mine too. too much hardware is unessary really. everything is done in the software domain these days. its either just as good or slightly below hardware quality but i doubt people can tell the difference when its done right anyway

iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
last one in trompies pics is like mine too. too much hardware is unessary really. everything is done in the software domain these days. its either just as good or slightly below hardware quality but i doubt people can tell the difference when its done right anyway

Do you use Acoustic Treatment or eggs trys tho????? I have Acoustic Treatment that I use seldom tho!

Nyambo's almost looks like this....of course without the view and some hardware...  ;D

LAST ONE!

THIS IS THE SWEETEST SET EVER [I might eat my words tho - although the speaker placing doesn't go with the rules...what can I say]:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:10:07 AM by tRompIe »

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I was at Incredible Connection in Cresta Mall and they have this Apple Mac piece with a good sized LCD monitor (i didn't get the chance to a**ess the piece) but they had garageband open and the sound quality out of that machine is just tooo much. I wouldn't ming having one of those, shitloads of apps, a decent mixing machine like the ROLAND pieces, add in an mpc2000xl and one decent midi-keyboard. That would more than enough.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
word.. if u niggas get robbed.. u know who it is  ;D :-* :-*

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

As if you read my mind.....that's more like it

Shweet....

word.. if u niggas get robbed.. u know who it is  ;D :-* :-*

D-pleezee better get ADT and Mapogo up in thur....  ;D

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
mapogo dont play. they stay beating niggaz

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

4 sho... remember my school days when theres a riot for what ever reason and they call those niggas that riot got shut down before they got they they, whup a** with those sjamboks man... aint no body tryna catch a sjambok stroke.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Thats why they need to check for Tek  :P

4 sho... remember my school days when theres a riot for what ever reason and they call those niggas that riot got shut down before they got they they, whup a** with those sjamboks man... aint no body tryna catch a sjambok stroke.

No derailing ne?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:37:19 AM by tRompIe »

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

first time i saw them was on carte blanche a couple years back. they were beating on white folk in an old age home, i was like damn!!! i aint trying get caught by any of these dudes for nothing. i mean damn, if old white folk can get it, i cant imagine what they would do to a young strapping lad like myself

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

No derailing ne?

hahaha esh...this one is my fault. back to the topic at hand folks!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
BUt i still wanna know if MrC was taking Nyambz side or what... Coz he said sumting like its normal for u to sample another guys track but not jack the beat as is and not give credit.

I didn't take anybody's side. I said that people should not look down on looping and think of it as a form of jacking. I stated that some of the best known joints out there are just straight up loops,e.g. Nuthin But a G Thang, CREAM,etc,etc.Producers from Primo to Pete Rock to Madlib been looping shit for the longest of time, so in my opinion there aint no crime in finding a dope loop and repeating it for 3 minutes. It's been done countless times,at the end of the day, it's about making your own interpretation of the original, in terms of it being a whole different song. That's why im always suprised when people look down on Kanye and he's sampling methods.It's nothing different from what some of your faviourites have been doing for the longest of times.Second,i spoke about very often as a producer you will come across a sample that's already been used.Sometimes u discover this after,sometimes u intentionally use a sample you know has been used cos u wanna give it your own twist.No crime here as well.Been done countless times. Once again it's about the end product @ the end of the day i.e. THE SONG. Then i stated in the case of the track in question,that definitely was a straight up JACK. The beats sound 99% identical,the way the sample is chopped, the drums everything,except one of the two has some ba** to it.

I can't believe all you wack mothaf***a's...how can u not see that this is a huge issue...i think we all know that sampling is an element of hip hop production but i mean when someone jacks a beat straight up without changing a single sound and then still credits himself on the cd cover...what the f*** is up with that.. i mos definitely don't buy the story that it was a misprint especially due to the fact that the album was 3 years in the making...its most disappointing when  its those that we all look up to with much respect that let us down with such a low blow...big ups to Lee and Da Bridge for tryna get to the bottom of that ish 'coz all of us were hungry for answers....and apparently still are..it's not about keeping it real, it's about keeping it right!

Couldn't agree with you more my brother. First off it's some straight up bullshit that people shouldn't talk about this.That is exactly the downfall of hip-hop. People do not question things anymore. Back in the day, u would never get away with jacking anybody lyrics and or song without questions being asked. Nowadays we let everything slide that is why there is so much wackness around.The Golden Rules have been broken.

Im not taking sides here as i don't really know what exactly transpired. A platform was given to everybody involved in the situation to explain their side, and i thought from there it would become very clear what exactly went down, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. At the end of it all i was actually more confused that in the beginning.As a consumer, who was interested in copping that Ba4Za album @ the end of the month,solely from hearing that joint being played all the time on Da Bridge i think we deserve more.

And oh yeah,Da Bridge is the best hip-hop show on air right now, f*** what u heard. And f*** everybody else who thinks otherwise. Lee,Khenzero and Ace of Spades have done more and will continue to do more for local hip-hop than most of these pricks talking out the a**.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

No derailing ne?

hahaha esh...this one is my fault. back to the topic at hand folks!
ha ha ah yeah but then it so hard not to this thread is so multi-faceted. but yeah back to the main issue...
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up