Africasgateway.com

Producers

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
BUt i still wanna know if MrC was taking Nyambz side or what... Coz he said sumting like its normal for u to sample another guys track but not jack the beat as is and not give credit.

I didn't take anybody's side. I said that people should not look down on looping and think of it as a form of jacking. I stated that some of the best known joints out there are just straight up loops,e.g. Nuthin But a G Thang, CREAM,etc,etc.Producers from Primo to Pete Rock to Madlib been looping shit for the longest of time, so in my opinion there aint no crime in finding a dope loop and repeating it for 3 minutes. It's been done countless times,at the end of the day, it's about making your own interpretation of the original, in terms of it being a whole different song. That's why im always suprised when people look down on Kanye and he's sampling methods.It's nothing different from what some of your faviourites have been doing for the longest of times.Second,i spoke about very often as a producer you will come across a sample that's already been used.Sometimes u discover this after,sometimes u intentionally use a sample you know has been used cos u wanna give it your own twist.No crime here as well.Been done countless times. Once again it's about the end product @ the end of the day i.e. THE SONG. Then i stated in the case of the track in question,that definitely was a straight up JACK. The beats sound 99% identical,the way the sample is chopped, the drums everything,except one of the two has some ba** to it.

I can't believe all you wack mothaf***a's...how can u not see that this is a huge issue...i think we all know that sampling is an element of hip hop production but i mean when someone jacks a beat straight up without changing a single sound and then still credits himself on the cd cover...what the f*** is up with that.. i mos definitely don't buy the story that it was a misprint especially due to the fact that the album was 3 years in the making...its most disappointing when  its those that we all look up to with much respect that let us down with such a low blow...big ups to Lee and Da Bridge for tryna get to the bottom of that ish 'coz all of us were hungry for answers....and apparently still are..it's not about keeping it real, it's about keeping it right!

Couldn't agree with you more my brother. First off it's some straight up bullshit that people shouldn't talk about this.That is exactly the downfall of hip-hop. People do not question things anymore. Back in the day, u would never get away with jacking anybody lyrics and or song without questions being asked. Nowadays we let everything slide that is why there is so much wackness around.The Golden Rules have been broken.

Im not taking sides here as i don't really know what exactly transpired. A platform was given to everybody involved in the situation to explain their side, and i thought from there it would become very clear what exactly went down, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. At the end of it all i was actually more confused that in the beginning.As a consumer, who was interested in copping that Ba4Za album @ the end of the month,solely from hearing that joint being played all the time on Da Bridge i think we deserve more.

And oh yeah,Da Bridge is the best hip-hop show on air right now, f*** what u heard. And f*** everybody else who thinks otherwise. Lee,Khenzero and Ace of Spades have done more and will continue to do more for local hip-hop than most of these pricks talking out the a**.

@MrC - we know you had plenty to say...please...focus...now if you may show us yo setup!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
My bad yo.Only caught on to the thread today.I'll take some shots and post up maybe tommorow.Nothin compared to what u cats have though.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
mine is basically this

as u can see no other hardware, coz im broke as f*ck lol

anyone willing to donate spare appliances  ;D

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
mine is basically this

Nice...is that yo shit????

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Thats why they need to check for Tek  :P

I don't think they gon' step to a sword wielding mufacca....and dare lose their hands, i don't think so.. 8)

P.S. There is a sale on 28, 29 and 30 August at Turnkey in Strijdompark, Randburg. I'll go and see what they have in stock...else might have to grab my sword and go see Nyambz..

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
mine is basically this

u 've got a G5  and you saying you broke..getta the f*** out of here!!!!

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Thats why they need to check for Tek  :P

I don't think they gon' step to a sword wielding mufacca....and dare lose their hands, i don't think so.. 8)

P.S. There is a sale on 28, 29 and 30 August at Turnkey in Strijdompark, Randburg. I'll go and see what they have in stock...else might have to grab my sword and go see Nyambz..

f***...we shop at the same place....Lille is the guy that helps me out with a wole lotta stuff and discounts there...ever went for workshops that they hold there...won at some stage tho...lets meet there on one of those dates....

mine is basically this

u 've got a G5  and you saying you broke..getta the f*** out of here!!!!

As much as I hate Windows...I hate Mac cuz some softwares aint working that good with it!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:12:10 AM by tRompIe »

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
mine is basically this

Simple but effective....that's what i'm looking for....add in some decks for sampling and cuts, plus a mixing unit...

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
mine is basically this

Simple but effective....that's what i'm looking for....add in some decks for sampling and cuts, plus a mixing unit...

Selling for R9k neg.. contact Trompie....

BID or buy! ;)

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Well...we all know what they say about opinions and a**-holes. Enjoy the day everyone!
Beating bitches since 1982.

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Honestly guys the pic is not mine.... Mine is pretty much the same, only with a Petiumquad core instead of the Mac (but with a nice 19 inch lcd screen  ;D)...

I dont really sample thats why i dont have any decks, all im looking for now is some good recording gear

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Well...we all know what they say about opinions and a**-holes. Enjoy the day everyone!

You still pissed nicca?

please focus...no derailment...we over that...

Anyone else...put up a thread dedicated to that....please man!

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

As much as I hate Windows...I hate Mac cuz some softwares aint working that good with it!

lol! i used to say the same thing, till my bro told me about a programme called parallels for mac. it allows you to run mac os and any windows os at the same time on two different screens! compatability problem solved!

im still thinking about getting a mac, but for leisure not production
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

You still pissed nicca?

please focus...no derailment...we over that...

Anyone else...put up a thread dedicated to that....please man!

No need for a new thread. Im through with that issue. It doesnt concern me anyway.
Dont mind me, carry on with the setups.
Beating bitches since 1982.

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

lol! i used to say the same thing, till my bro told me about a programme called parallels for mac. it allows you to run mac os and any windows os at the same time on two different screens! compatability problem solved!

im still thinking about getting a mac, but for leisure not production

I think this will chow memory tho...seeing that even if one has most memory in windows.... Mac will just F you up! who got Mac OS so I can try this....???