Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The ULTIMATE producer challenge-1

Knowledge

• What a dream. Life is an illusion
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
whooooooooooooo, the sample ne, whooooooooooo, it was a difficul one.....but alas, i managed to cook up a lil sumin sumin for the heads....i have to say, this is not at all my best work...why then u puttin it up here mayn? >:(, well cos i want to hear what cats think of it thats why....these are my tools:

Adobe Audition to chop the damn thing, used it to clear the beat off the vocals and in some parts to get the vocals out of the beats so i liked it very much for that function :)

Reason: as a sequencer ofcos

wavelab: jus to have it a lil cleaner and attempt to master the final beat, although i dont knw how cats might recieve it...

aight, no mre talk...here is my FLIP ladies and gentleman....awaiting that feeddddddddd...ONE

Eh eh eh.Damn man u did justice to those samples.It's just that your drums were lower but overall I like it I like it.

Alias

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
SAN THE INSTRO-MONUMENTALIST DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!!! Nice Work My Brother!!!!!!!

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
You worked really hard on this dun...
Sounds good...Just the Kicks and Snare are a bit low...
But I cant belive you could do something wit this
Personally I just heared the sample and never even botherd to work on it...It jus didnt move me at all
So I have to give it to you...
Nice Work!!! - Some of us "Chickened Out" - LOL

Eh eh eh.Damn man u did justice to those samples.It's just that your drums were lower but overall I like it I like it.

SAN THE INSTRO-MONUMENTALIST DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!!! Nice Work My Brother!!!!!!!

im very glad that you cats dug on the work done, thanks allot yo....and with the drums, ima have to check that isht the next time around...THANK YOU VERY MUCH.....

ALIAS i see you famly.....ONE  ;D

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Sample: Nice chop-up, work around changing the pattern of the sample proper...like you mentioned, that aint yo best work, but it can obviously be switched into a much doper beat.

Drums: I was disappointed to hear sloppyness in yo drums...Like Cash wud say... "Niccaz don't Switch up their drums". Anyway, I still fill that they too can be layered but tightened before that. What i mean is that, you can take yo normal kick [below 10hertz low-eq - in lame terms...boost ba** frequencies nicca], layer it and maybe put an 808 Ba** drum to oomphen it a bit...that good snare was a total waist in yo mix. I think that needs a whole lot layering and 15-20 hertz low-eq boost. Many may ask, then how do one make that snare snap and still sound crispy? Well, the honestly is no trick, than to again boost the high-end to same 15-20 kHz..in that essense of trying out that vynil feel to it, instead of sounding clean...FX it with Steinberg grungerlizer with only the time-frame swiitched on. Put the same effect in the HATS FX channel too...you mos def hear some crispiness with clean BD+Kicks..

Beat overall: Needs work...and all lies with just drums that ppl keep forgetting that they'll make the impact in that beat... I liked the sample...challenging but cool... but more can be done to it if only ppl use their minds!

HINT: try reversing the second part of it on like 5 seconds, chop and loop that...sounds like some kind string...dont clean, but put it in pattens to make a fresh beat.
http://trompie-siameseentertainment.blogspot.com

P.S. from my side well done, ima email you your isht today. Next Challenge will be up by tomorrow, and it will be easier....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:17:20 PM by The ReBBi »

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Sample: Nice chop-up, work around changing the pattern of the sample proper...like you mentioned, that aint yo best work, but it can obviously be switched into a much doper beat.

Drums: I was disappointed to hear sloppyness in yo drums...Like Cash wud say... "Niccaz don't Switch up their drums". Anyway, I still fill that they too can be layered but tightened before that. What i mean is that, you can take yo normal kick [below 10hertz low-eq - in lame terms...boost ba** frequencies nicca], layer it and maybe put an 808 Ba** drum to oomphen it a bit...that good snare was a total waist in yo mix. I think that needs a whole lot layering and 15-20 hertz low-eq boost. Many may ask, then how do one make that snare snap and still sound crispy? Well, the honestly is no trick, than to again boost the high-end to same 15-20 kHz..in that essense of trying out that vynil feel to it, instead of sounding clean...FX it with Steinberg grungerlizer with only the time-frame swiitched on. Put the same effect in the HATS FX channel too...you mos def hear some crispiness with clean BD+Kicks..

Beat overall: Needs work...and all lies with just drums that ppl keep forgetting that they'll make the impact in that beat... I liked the sample...challenging but cool... but more can be done to it if only ppl use their minds!

HINT: try reversing the second part of it on like 5 seconds, chop and loop that...sounds like some kind string...dont clean, but put it in pattens to make a fresh beat.

P.S. from my side well done, ima email you your isht today. Next Challenge will be up by tomorrow, and it will be easier....

I also loved wat oints did...makes me wish i was a producer also and give it my tiwst.... ;D

Request:
Rebbi's flip
Trompie's flip
and lastly....your (Trompie and Rebbi) improvement on wat oints already did...wud luv to hear the difference

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

NUFF RESPECT DUE...................ima refererence this in the future no doubt........PEACE!!!

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

I also loved wat oints did...makes me wish i was a producer also and give it my tiwst.... ;D

Request:
Rebbi's flip
Trompie's flip
and lastly....your (Trompie and Rebbi) improvement on wat oints already did...wud luv to hear the difference

i didn't flip due to work, but i'll see what i can do this weekend, but the thing is ima be out of my joint this weekend... As for the improvement i'll see, let me just get the file from oints and may jump on it when a nicca gets time.

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
SAN your flip is on Trompies blog... There you go, told you....
As for Trompies flip, it will also be on his site...

Don't for get to logon to the ultimate blog....

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Yeah,Oints killed this one,it was really a difficult sample to flip...

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Yeah,Oints killed this one,it was really a difficult sample to flip...

True that, this here is a nicca with courage... What happened Knowledge?? Thought you said you was going to email me your version, i haven't recieved isht... You don't even mention it, come on dawg, be truthfull now, was there a version that you realy did flip????????????????

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
i didn't flip due to work, but i'll see what i can do this weekend, but the thing is ima be out of my joint this weekend... As for the improvement i'll see, let me just get the file from oints and may jump on it when a nicca gets time.

Cool...as long as we will get to hear it soon....and by the way: de sample - whose song is it, i want the full song...

Blogs are blocked at work and can only view them when i'm home...
Tell Trompie to come bak man...he wasn't banned and he must unban himself...
I'm sure he misses this place...

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Ayo rebbi, the next one up already!? damn, i aint even got the chance to dl fl studio yet. eish. il prolly miss this next one too bra :'(

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

Cool...as long as we will get to hear it soon....and by the way: de sample - whose song is it, i want the full song...

Blogs are blocked at work and can only view them when i'm home...
Tell Trompie to come bak man...he wasn't banned and he must unban himself...
I'm sure he misses this place...

Il try find you the track info and maybe plus the track itself... As for my flip, i'll try this weekend, but i'll up it some time this month...

Trompie don't like this place anymore, kats being hateful and isht, i don't blame him. And i aint gonna force him to do something he don't wanna do....

Ayo rebbi, the next one up already!? damn, i aint even got the chance to dl fl studio yet. eish. il prolly miss this next one too bra :'(

Spoongy Spoongy Spoooooooonnnnnngggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
You can mis it its fine... I put the thread up for Kats to learn and enjoy, im not a police officer nicca, if you don't wanna join its all on you. Stop apologysn, its becoming cliche...

Next one will be up at 22:00 Today, hopefully...
I'll make it a realy easy one.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
nig, i only missed 1, and only apologisd once. hai, nigs attacking my ego again. leme dl fl overnight. rebbi or anyone please hook up some drumz for my restart with fl studio. or maybe i should use this opportunity to dl reason? neh, jus hook up the drumz