Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype awards. Update

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Big ups to Hype for the event.Was there on Sat and Sun.The setup was nice with all the different stands,basketball courts,car exhibitions,CD stalls,etc. There was a lot to do.Only problem was there was no crowds when most cats performed.They should summon everyone to the stands when someone is bound to perform cos people where all over the show. Awards were too nice.I had mad fun. Pro totally deserves it. Im glad he won. People need to stop hating cos dude is Mainstream. He worked hard for this shit.I remember Linda from back in the days of VOS killing cats left right and center. He's still talented as f***.Give props where they are due. Tabs had a WACK performance all around and then he's gonna claim he's a better lyricist than PRO ? Nigga pls.I struggle to hear what he says everytime he performs.Just cos u know a couple of big words don't mean your a dope lyricist. Was chilling with Khenzero throughout,we jumped like crazy when he won DJ of the Year.BIg ups to Homeboy,totally deserves it.Bigs ups to Ready D as well. He called everyone from Ishmael to Selwyn on stage when he won.Gave a nice speech as well. Can't wait for next year.

I've realized though there's a lot of people in this game who think they are so like ultra-VIP hey. I saw a few people outside arguing with security about going in when they didn't even have tags.On some u know who i am ? Security wasn't having none of that.Dudes don't even sell records yet they think they are the shit.Late arrivals. Trying to get into the nominations seating area with no tags.ya ne. Then theres the rest of ya'll that always complain that hip-hop lacks support,yadayada, when ya'll don't even support shit yourself.A lot of people that are supposed to be at the "fore-front" of this shit and didn't even show up.Sad.

Once Again Big UPS to Mizi and Simone for a great show.I truly enjoyed myself.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:45:16 AM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Sadly i couldnt make it had lot to do this weekend but the awards are wow! so pta didnt win anything?

nah dude, cap city walked away with just a shout out from Sizwe, LOL, dat boy is crazy, but still ma boy tho. good looks.
as for the awards, i think in all respect, SOS deserved it, i did tell the cats that yo watch out for dem SOS cats, they been putting in work, the only thing is just to set our sights on the next gig, to move more units, get more exposure and get more people to listen to our music, thats all.

as for the best group category, c'mon there was now ay the anvils were gonna win that joint with Jozi up in thur? personally i look up to Jozi, when it comes to stage presence, the anvils have been working real hard to make their shows different, its just a pitty last night they only performed at the end, with only 3 people watching, so that wont count as a performance. but yeah catch them in PE next week if u wanna understand what im saying.

as for the rest of the wards? well people have poured their heart and soul into the organising and running of the gig, lets respect that and there will always be unhappy people and thast just how it goes with awards. lesson, let awards not define who people are and what hiphop is, you know what u r doing to contribute to the game, and you do not need no one to validate ur input, but the feeling you get when u lay ur head at night. awards are just some form of acknowledgement and even being nominated is just a pat o the back saying we see you, unfortunately categories can only have a finite no o nominees as a result there will always be people who will be left out. JUST KEEP GRINDING
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Buttabing deserved to win too. They grinding hard and doing things the right way. Big up.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Big ups to Hype for the event.Was there on Sat and Sun.The setup was nice with all the different stands,basketball courts,car exhibitions,CD stalls,etc. There was a lot to do.Only problem was there was no crowds when most cats performed.They should summon everyone to the stands when someone is bound to perform cos people where all over the show. Awards were too nice.I had mad fun. Pro totally deserves it. Im glad he won. People need to stop hating cos dude is Mainstream. He worked hard for this shit.I remember Linda from back in the days of VOS killing cats left right and center. He's still talented as f***.Give props where they are due. Tabs had a WACK performance all around and then he's gonna claim he's a better lyricist than PRO ? Nigga pls.I struggle to hear what he says everytime he performs.Just cos u know a couple of big words don't mean your a dope lyricist. Was chilling with Khenzero throughout,we jumped like crazy when he won DJ of the Year.BIg ups to Homeboy,totally deserves it.Bigs ups to Ready D as well. He called everyone from Ishmael to Selwyn on stage when he won.Gave a nice speech as well. Can't wait for next year.

I've realized though there's a lot of people in this game who think they are so like ultra-VIP hey. I saw a few people outside arguing with security about going in when they didn't even have tags.On some u know who i am ? Security wasn't having none of them.Dudes don't even sell records yet they think they are the shit.Late arrivals. Trying to get into the nominations seating area with no tags.ya ne. Then theres the rest of ya'll that always complain that hip-hop lacks support,yadayada, when ya'll don't even support shit yourself.A lot of people that are supposed to be at the "fore-front" of this shit and didn't even show up.Sad.

i co-sign mrc with kenzhero deserving it and even PRO also deserving the win, no one can touch ready d, been doing his thang. as for haters, ah well fellas, HYpe has an open door polcy, Mizi is part of AG, hit them up wt ur suggestions for next year what can be done and what not.

as for the point in case about the exhibitions, i also co-siggy u there MRC, people should b called to coem check out the performancesm otherwise the attention gets scattered, perhaps the angle of having too much going on at the same time was kidna distractive, but m sure next year we will see a much smoother running show than this year, but again big ups to sims and king and the whole organising team

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
@Buff-Pound..Where and when will Anvilla performin in P.E ?..Big ups to everyone who won especially Pro dude has always bn unlucky wit the awards and with The Jabba-dickridin of late i 'dint' expect him to win that much..
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
@Buff-Pound..Where and when will Anvilla performin in P.E ?..Big ups to everyone who won especially Pro dude has always bn unlucky wit the awards and with The Jabba-dickridin of late i 'dint' expect him to win that much..

i think its captains on saturday night, i think its called the tale of 3 cities? beat oven will be there too. will get the flier and post it up

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
at least tha world recognised Last Days Fam as a group.niggaz bin doin it 4 a while bt only received a share of da spotlight only recently big up,big up.u stepped on sum heads to get there Fam
heaven is mine.....

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Big ups to Kenzhero, Pro and Ready D they deserve thier shit.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile

I've realized though there's a lot of people in this game who think they are so like ultra-VIP hey. I saw a few people outside arguing with security about going in when they didn't even have tags.On some u know who i am ? Security wasn't having none of that.Dudes don't even sell records yet they think they are the shit.Late arrivals. Trying to get into the nominations seating area with no tags.ya ne. Then theres the rest of ya'll that always complain that hip-hop lacks support,yadayada, when ya'll don't even support shit yourself.A lot of people that are supposed to be at the "fore-front" of this shit and didn't even show up.Sad.

Nice to know that the awards went well and that the was no don juan receiving an award.... ;D
so, who those peoples Mr C, do tell....

We all hope to make it to the awards next year and that it'll be bigger than this year...and was there any video coverage of the awards, will we see them on tv soon???

B.O.Ywonda about the O.G

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofhiphop.co.za
Congratulations to all who won.
The weekend was dope at the Dome. Friday was a bit shaky cause of the weak attendance but all went great on Sat. I missed the awards but it was a great weekend for Hip hop in G.P.
Yo Buff i really thought Vol.4 was gon take it but S.O.S deserved it.  :)
Boy I wonder how many bars it takes to put a rapper under

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Congratulations to all who won.
The weekend was dope at the Dome. Friday was a bit shaky cause of the weak attendance but all went great on Sat. I missed the awards but it was a great weekend for Hip hop in G.P.
Yo Buff i really thought Vol.4 was gon take it but S.O.S deserved it.  :)

i'd rather have vol 4 lose to the backpackers mixtape vol 3, it is a dope product all round and them cats are doing their thang, i ws happy for the category cos it means now cats can really put in effort into their mixtape game, on a real and thats whats exciting me. we should be putting out like 4 mixtapes a year and with the category being there now there is a reason to do so.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Buttabing deserved to win too. They grinding hard and doing things the right way. Big up.

I obvioulsy have been sleeping. What have they released this year?