Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype awards. Update

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
mmm, for my 2cents worth.... cats could have done more to fill up the venue, where was the support, or are we too busy hating?? as for hymphatic thabs, no sense of self respect or respect for his fans... all i saw was a stoned nicca who was not suppose to be given that platform, then mpho maboi making such a statement about kwaito, brave and very stupid! even if there's truth to that, as a radio personality i think she should have held back. Ace of Spades/Osmic which ever name you go by... (put a sock in it), please someone gagg him!!! but otherwise, it was quite an enjoyable event, and im sure from here, Hype can only make an even better awards ceremony. congratulations to everyone who was nominated and especially the winners. Ready D, nice speech, was good seeing Proverb on stage again, Ben Sharpa- nice performance, actually hype was introduced me to Ben Sharpa with Hegemony, and i lurrrrrved that track, tumi/zubz big ups, Pro congratulations, and nice to see you sharing your moment of glory with upcoming talent, uhhhh... the chick dancers who won that cash load, were real good! to all the graf artists liked your artwork on the walls. overall, well done!
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
mmm, for my 2cents worth.... cats could have done more to fill up the venue, where was the support, or are we too busy hating?? as for hymphatic thabs, no sense of self respect or respect for his fans... all i saw was a stoned nicca who was not suppose to be given that platform, then mpho maboi making such a statement about kwaito, brave and very stupid! even if there's truth to that, as a radio personality i think she should have held back. Ace of Spades/Osmic which ever name you go by... (put a sock in it), please someone gagg him!!! but otherwise, it was quite an enjoyable event, and im sure from here, Hype can only make an even better awards ceremony. congratulations to everyone who was nominated and especially the winners. Ready D, nice speech, was good seeing Proverb on stage again, Ben Sharpa- nice performance, actually hype was introduced me to Ben Sharpa with Hegemony, and i lurrrrrved that track, tumi/zubz big ups, Pro congratulations, and nice to see you sharing your moment of glory with upcoming talent, uhhhh... the chick dancers who won that cash load, were real good! to all the graf artists liked your artwork on the walls. overall, well done!

huh Mpho Deane Ace of Spade is his radio name just like any radio personality who have a radio name and u should know better than that but BIG TO MIZI AND SIMM..catch them on the bridge tonite on 99.2fm 10pm...

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile

huh Mpho Deane Ace of Spade is his radio name just like any radio personality who have a radio name and u should know better than that but BIG TO MIZI AND SIMM..catch them on the bridge tonite on 99.2fm 10pm...

well aware of that babes! just adding in a lil dry humour!
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
So....no one sayin anything about "Corn Juan" hw did he re-act when Dome took it.LOL!!

Guys this is supposed to be an update thread where u r breakin' down al da weekends or days happenings, coz sum of us cud nt make it.

Al we gettin here is 'he deserved it' nd al dat.

plz guys we nt askin 4 a Shwashwi report bt catts got to lay it down
heaven is mine.....

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
I went through on saturday and sunday. generally, the event was dope - especially since it was the first of its time. as MrC already pointed out there were a lotta thngs going on - basketball games, b-boy competitions, other dance competitions, rap battles, skateboarding and bikes, pimped out rides (jokes), graf, dudes recordin joints, fleamarket type set up of different stores and exhibitions, fashion shows...it was really a lot to take in which was dope for variety purposes but it left some areas without spectators. for instance Ras performed and nobody was there to see it...same thing happened to Obita and i'm sure it happened to a lot more events/performers. i saw dude rockin to the ppl playing basketball - thats like 15 ppl max. it was great 2 have a million kids up in there supportin, but where were the ppl who wud lisn to ProVerb, B.Sharpa, Last Days Fam, etc? i saw a bunch of what looked like Jozi supporters, and thats good, but where was evry1 els? they all only seemed to appear when the awards started.but that just reminded me that a lot of ppl who supprt that type of music are rappers/producers/etc themselves.

presenters were...erm...interesting. Gogga (sp.) seemed like he didn wna b up on stage. infact, it seemed like he didn kno he was presenting an award. that Sizwe cat from MTV needs to chill, he just started swearing for the f*** of it and justifying it by saying its a hiphop event. on some "this is hiphop right, so how they gon not expect me to swear"  :-\ what was also funny is that he managed to mention Roach Inc, Buff pound, The Anvils, PTA like 20 times in 30 seconds. nice one Buff...u might not have gotten the award but u defntly got some free marketing. thnk there was a thread not so long ago here on AG about kwaito being dead - well Mpho from Yfm seems to think so...when she was on stage she straight up said hiphop is/has killed kwaito. guess thats a topic for another day.

on the performances, B.Sharpa was extremely well received by the crwd. it was actually quite deep. Molly, who performed on Saturday, was disturbing. i mean, like i mentioned there were little kids there. and here's dude rappin bout his penis, climaxing and orgies, whatever else is in his rhymes. not a good look. Maggz, Les and Bongs hooked it up with that "Fire" joint...nice one. and a m'rapper will always be a m'rapper - Reason was backuping up ProVerb during Verbs performance. at the end Reason starts shouting out release dates for his own album...hahaha...gotta love emcees. guess when u get that chance u gotta take it. and Amu and Selwyn...not bad...Skwatta Kamp performance was wack...Tumi and Zubz was not mind blowing at all...

actual award ceremony was alright - cuda been more polished in terms of execution but it was only the first one. some idiot turned on the lights before they announced the last award. ppl started getn up to leave and Lee is on some "where is evry 1 going". Ready D's speech was tops. big ups to him.

Hype gets a ten out of ten for effort. they have set a high standard for themselves, hopefully things will go much smoother next year, and hopefully it will be better attended as well. to those who cudn make it, hade for you. to those who could but didn, shame on you. to those who were there...hope u enjoyed it as much as i did. even with all its down points, i still think it was a really good event.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I'm sad I missed this. Sounds like an amazing event. Big ups to Mizi, Simz and the winners/nominees!
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
With the hype awards being confirmed to be an annual event around the same time every year (September), does it mean there'll be less or even no releases from september til end of the year...will artists release at the beginning of every year as to qualify for the nominations???

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
With the hype awards being confirmed to be an annual event around the same time every year (September), does it mean there'll be less or even no releases from september til end of the year...will artists release at the beginning of every year as to qualify for the nominations???

Hell no!

B. Sharpa by Ben Sharpa dropping mid-October.

Bread and Butter by Rattex dropping mid-October.

8)

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
The Monopoly - The Greatest HITS (Sept 26th) -Completed
Get it Crackin vol.2 The mixtape (Sept 20th) -Completed

K9 The Pedigree - The Purebreed (October 2008) -Completed
Koli the Kid - TBA (October 2008) -Completed

CASH - Grown n Sexy (November 2008) - In Progress
So Fresh and Kewpid - TBA (November 2008) - In Progress

Get it Crackin vol.3 mixtape and DVD (Dec 2008) - In Progress

11 Projects 2008 as promised!!!

Damn skippy we gonna get nominated for next yrs awards!!!!
and the list of nominations goes -

Best Newcomers - Dem Crackboys
Best Video - The Monopoly (Fly Away), Dem Crackboys(Blow da Kush) or (Pants Saggin) or (I wont tell)
Best Lyricist - Koli the Kid
Best Album - The Monopoly The Greatest hits
Best Mixtape - K9 The Pedigree - Purebreed mixtape
Best Multimedia/DVD/Movie - Crackboys - Get it Cracking(Trilogy) or Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)
Best Independant Label - Crackboys Entertainment

of course we'll be facing some tough competition, its all part of the game!

Sept 26th!!!! the Greatest HITS! Coming to a block near you!!!!
@cash_sog

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
The Monopoly - The Greatest HITS (Sept 26th) -Completed
Get it Crackin vol.2 The mixtape (Sept 20th) -Completed

K9 The Pedigree - The Purebreed (October 2008) -Completed
Koli the Kid - TBA (October 2008) -Completed

CASH - Grown n Sexy (November 2008) - In Progress
So Fresh and Kewpid - TBA (November 2008) - In Progress

Get it Crackin vol.3 mixtape and DVD (Dec 2008) - In Progress

11 Projects 2008 as promised!!!

Damn skippy we gonna get nominated for next yrs awards!!!!
and the list of nominations goes -

Best Newcomers - Dem Crackboys
Best Video - The Monopoly (Fly Away), Dem Crackboys(Blow da Kush) or (Pants Saggin) or (I wont tell)
Best Lyricist - Koli the Kid
Best Album - The Monopoly The Greatest hits
Best Mixtape - K9 The Pedigree - Purebreed mixtape
Best Multimedia/DVD/Movie - Crackboys - Get it Cracking(Trilogy) or Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)
Best Independant Label - Crackboys Entertainment

of course we'll be facing some tough competition, its all part of the game!

Sept 26th!!!! the Greatest HITS! Coming to a block near you!!!!

Yall guys are really working hard on pushing that cheap crack

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)

Are u serious, wats de movie about?

;) 2009 and your questions will be answered!
In fact we will have the trailer on the DVD vol. 3 in December!
Look out for it!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)

Are u serious, wats de movie about?

;) 2009 and your questions will be answered!
In fact we will have the trailer on the DVD vol. 3 in December!
Look out for it!

cue Nathan Dayspring Askani'son giving us his proposed comedic synopsis...

:)

Swordsman

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-21
    • View Profile
hymphatic, hymphatic, hymphatic, dude needs to chill, or even battle Pro if that is gonna make u feel better about the whole event, Jeses Maan.