Africasgateway.com

Hype awards. Update

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)

Are u serious, wats de movie about?

;) 2009 and your questions will be answered!
In fact we will have the trailer on the DVD vol. 3 in December!
Look out for it!

Moruti wa tsotsi... LOL. Bigups on the hustle tho, u nikkas work hard i gotta give u that.
roete aan almal tehuis

Povertyproperty

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-3
    • View Profile
hymphatic, hymphatic, hymphatic, dude needs to chill, or even battle Pro if that is gonna make u feel better about the whole event, Jeses Maan.
haaahhha yea cat needs to chill..but i think thabs is doper than Pro.. he deserved to win..no hate on pro..

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Get it Cracking(The Movie - comin 2009)

Are u serious, wats de movie about?

;) 2009 and your questions will be answered!
In fact we will have the trailer on the DVD vol. 3 in December!
Look out for it!

cue Nathan Dayspring Askani'son giving us his proposed comedic synopsis...

:)

I don't even want to think about this. The moment I saw it I had a million ideas going through my head about what it could be about and none of them were pleasant.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
I went through on saturday and sunday. generally, the event was dope - especially since it was the first of its time. as MrC already pointed out there were a lotta thngs going on - basketball games, b-boy competitions, other dance competitions, rap battles, skateboarding and bikes, pimped out rides (jokes), graf, dudes recordin joints, fleamarket type set up of different stores and exhibitions, fashion shows...it was really a lot to take in which was dope for variety purposes but it left some areas without spectators. for instance Ras performed and nobody was there to see it...same thing happened to Obita and i'm sure it happened to a lot more events/performers. i saw dude rockin to the ppl playing basketball - thats like 15 ppl max. it was great 2 have a million kids up in there supportin, but where were the ppl who wud lisn to ProVerb, B.Sharpa, Last Days Fam, etc? i saw a bunch of what looked like Jozi supporters, and thats good, but where was evry1 els? they all only seemed to appear when the awards started.but that just reminded me that a lot of ppl who supprt that type of music are rappers/producers/etc themselves.

presenters were...erm...interesting. Gogga (sp.) seemed like he didn wna b up on stage. infact, it seemed like he didn kno he was presenting an award. that Sizwe cat from MTV needs to chill, he just started swearing for the f*** of it and justifying it by saying its a hiphop event. on some "this is hiphop right, so how they gon not expect me to swear"  :-\ what was also funny is that he managed to mention Roach Inc, Buff pound, The Anvils, PTA like 20 times in 30 seconds. nice one Buff...u might not have gotten the award but u defntly got some free marketing. thnk there was a thread not so long ago here on AG about kwaito being dead - well Mpho from Yfm seems to think so...when she was on stage she straight up said hiphop is/has killed kwaito. guess thats a topic for another day.

on the performances, B.Sharpa was extremely well received by the crwd. it was actually quite deep. Molly, who performed on Saturday, was disturbing. i mean, like i mentioned there were little kids there. and here's dude rappin bout his penis, climaxing and orgies, whatever else is in his rhymes. not a good look. Maggz, Les and Bongs hooked it up with that "Fire" joint...nice one. and a m'rapper will always be a m'rapper - Reason was backuping up ProVerb during Verbs performance. at the end Reason starts shouting out release dates for his own album...hahaha...gotta love emcees. guess when u get that chance u gotta take it. and Amu and Selwyn...not bad...Skwatta Kamp performance was wack...Tumi and Zubz was not mind blowing at all...

actual award ceremony was alright - cuda been more polished in terms of execution but it was only the first one. some idiot turned on the lights before they announced the last award. ppl started getn up to leave and Lee is on some "where is evry 1 going". Ready D's speech was tops. big ups to him.

Hype gets a ten out of ten for effort. they have set a high standard for themselves, hopefully things will go much smoother next year, and hopefully it will be better attended as well. to those who cudn make it, hade for you. to those who could but didn, shame on you. to those who were there...hope u enjoyed it as much as i did. even with all its down points, i still think it was a really good event.

ready D's acceptance speech and the message, dayum, check the video out here:

http://www.roachinc.blogspot.com/
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Pro is a good lyricist, he deserves it he puts mad work in.
dnt hate, he's not the best cuz there r way 2 many dope
artists in sa but i'm sure they had their criterea 4 the awards..
If it had gone to sum1 like say.. JubJub, then i'd agree wid u
there.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Pro is a good lyricist, he deserves it he puts mad work in.
dnt hate, he's not the best cuz there r way 2 many dope
artists in sa but i'm sure they had their criterea 4 the awards..
If it had gone to sum1 like say.. JubJub, then i'd agree wid u
there.

no one will eva be satisfied by that ish, so lets just burry the hatchet, but soem sour grapes, dont those belong in the vinyards? dat was straight up weak what Hymphatic did straight up weak and disrespectful.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Hymphatic had this huge smile the whole time he said that shit? why everybody goin bananas thinking there is some beef shit? It was so brief? Ag loves drama!

he was kinda entertaining as far as thabs goes (animated movements and foolery), considering the amount of kids there were going buck wild, was a nice change to everyone tryna be sentimental bout f***ing hip hop? with the exception of D, no of those b grade celebs know f*** all bout hip hop, tryna coment like they an authority on shit?

it was a fun event, bunch of ppl were laughing with homeboy, now every body goin on like it was a huge controversial thing? get the f*** outta here! Pro was right there back stage, he didn't seem pissed, taking Thabs so seriously is the stupidest thing i ever heard?

thabs always gonna be that cat, that conventional heads are always gonna hate! cause he's not so-called industry and very different in many ways? If you peep his lyrics, the content that is touched is not covered by a bunch of artists out there and he tackles certain issues very well? You cats are exclusive fans to certain artists, don't force your opinion on others cause some artists are against the grain?

All the best to Pro, he won and thats it, the event didn't turn sour after thabs said some silly shit, get over it, drama queens!
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Hymphatic had this huge smile the whole time he said that shit? why everybody goin bananas thinking there is some beef shit? It was so brief? Ag loves drama!

he was kinda entertaining as far as thabs goes (animated movements and foolery), considering the amount of kids there were going buck wild, was a nice change to everyone tryna be sentimental bout f***ing hip hop? with the exception of D, no of those b grade celebs know f*** all bout hip hop, tryna coment like they an authority on shit?

it was a fun event, bunch of ppl were laughing with homeboy, now every body goin on like it was a huge controversial thing? get the f*** outta here! Pro was right there back stage, he didn't seem pissed, taking Thabs so seriously is the stupidest thing i ever heard?

thabs always gonna be that cat, that conventional heads are always gonna hate! cause he's not so-called industry and very different in many ways? If you peep his lyrics, the content that is touched is not covered by a bunch of artists out there and he tackles certain issues very well? You cats are exclusive fans to certain artists, don't force your opinion on others cause some artists are against the grain?

All the best to Pro, he won and thats it, the event didn't turn sour after thabs said some silly shit, get over it, drama queens!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Next yr he'll be sayin "South Africa must realise that KOLI the KID is not a better lyricist than Lymphatic Crabs ;)"
and so on and so on.
The Greatest HITS - Sept 26th!!!!
The Monopoly!!!
The rest is history!
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Pro was on Y on Monday and said Thabz came up to him backstage after the Incident and said "Sorry for that" and stepped. LOL !!!!!!
Now whether he was kidding or not,how the hell are we supposed to know ? Obviously questions will get asked.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:29:30 PM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Pro was on Y on Monday and said Thabz came up to him backstage after the Incident and said "Sorry for that" and stepped. LOL !!!!!!
Now whether he was kidding or not,how the hell are we supposed to know ? Obviously questions will get asked.

Koli might not be that forgiving ;)
PASOP
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Thabs is a funny cat.

I wish I could've seen him saying sorry to Pro. Sounds like an interesting scene.

Habbit

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-4
    • View Profile

Koli might not be that forgiving ;)
PASOP

Dude...please stop shoving koli down our throats, let him convince us on wax, then we will make a call if he's tight or not, not u!