Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

RIP Mr Matshikiza

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
ay man this knocked me for a 6... i loved this man's work (writing and acting)... May he Rest in peace

MULTI-talented newspaper columnist, actor, director and producer John Matshikiza died last night after suffering a heart attack.

Lindiwe Matshikiza said her father, 54, suffered a ma**ive heart attack while dining at a restaurant in Melville, Johannesburg.

The father of two girls had fallen ill and was expected to see a doctor today, Matshikiza said.

“We are in shock. This was the first heart attack he had,” she said.

The Johannesburg-born artist, who grew up in London and Lusaka, was a columnist for The Weekender at the time of his death, but was well known for his columns in the Mail & Guardian.

Matshikiza appeared in numerous big movies, including local hits Cry Freedom, Mandela and There’s a Zulu On My Stoep and alongside Hollywood stars Kevin Bacon in The Air Up There and Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen in Beyond Borders.

Matshikiza was the son of legendary Drum journalist and composer, Todd Matshikiza, and was director of culture at the Goree Institute in Senegal. He was also a Fellow at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

polaris

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
  • IT IS I
    • View Profile

Alias

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
His a brilliant writer, no doubt, BUT his eyes used to creep me the hell out. Glad he found peace in writing . R.I.P

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
damn. anatha talent taken 4rm us....

r.i.p.
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Tumtum

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
  • Wat's the answer? In that case, wats the question?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook(thats a website ok)
Eish,,,,what a guy
Im mad at myself for not letting him know how he affected me as a writer and journalist when I had the chance, too cool to be the "fan", now Ive learnt my lesson, speak when the words are there  there will never be a perfect opportunity...
Thoughts and prayers to his fam and close friends.

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
He was brilliant... used to cop the mail and guardian just for his articles... he blended humour and facts vey well. havnt had a chance to get any of his books... since he wont be writing anymore guess its time to jump on one of them

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I'm at a loss for words. RIP to a great taent and legend in our time. Heartfelt condolences to Lindi and the entire fam.

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
R.I.P
i couldnt believe it when i heard it
he is so young
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
He was brilliant... used to cop the mail and guardian just for his articles... he blended humour and facts vey well. havnt had a chance to get any of his books... since he wont be writing anymore guess its time to jump on one of them

true that. Am i the onli one who is glad that he didnt die of Aids like many of the celebs who have been pa**ing on lately :-\
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Was a mad cool cat! Funny as hell. Crazy poet, could run any rapper to the floor with his lexicon!

Such a loss, condolences to the family, good bunch of people!
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

true that. Am i the onli one who is glad that he didnt die of Aids like many of the celebs who have been pa**ing on lately :-\

yeah but then i think he was of a different breed, of a different time... what mattered to him sure wasnt what matters to most these new money celebs u may be refering to.

Theres a zulu on my stoep had me laughin for a year

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile

Thats kinda disrespectful considering the man we talking about? he wasn't a dumba** kwaito cat? Have some tact?
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

Thats kinda disrespectful considering the man we talking about? he wasn't a dumba** kwaito cat? Have some tact?

it was just an observation, i meant no disrespect
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile