Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Mbeki Resignation?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Ok now were in kaak.The rand is already taking strain. I think Business Unity can start panicking anytime now.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
http://www.mg.co.za/article/2008-09-23-sa-rocked-by-resignation-of-ministers

"Manuel's spokesperson said he is willing to serve under the country's new president in any capacity."

but...

"The resignations are likely to raise investor fears of political instability in Africa's biggest economy."

Oh dear.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
One name I was hoping to see there is the one name that's not there Dr. Mantombazana Edmie Tshabalala-Msimang.

katey

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I certainly believe he had no choice in this matter so lets js hope that the upcoming president wil ................. ???

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile
People are dissatisfied with the government. And people are willing to put their faith/vote into any party that'll ensure that their basic requirements are met, and that their standards of living will be decent, whoever that may be.

If any of the other parties will sincerely offer a change of this sort we will vote for them. The colour of their leaders skin should not be an issue. We have this irrational fear that if we vote for the DA we'll be flung back into the era of apartheid....

BUT!!!! You should start thinking a bit deeper when an old lady in the train, who lived through the worst phases of apartheid says that she was happier back then than she is now.

So please do not vote according the people's skin colour, vote according to the sincerety of  their will to ensure a BETTER LIFE FOR ALL... for real.

Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

Mo'licious

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
One name I was hoping to see there is the one name that's not there Dr. Mantombazana Edmie Tshabalala-Msimang.

Co-sign!

Don't know how many more f*** ups she wants under her belt....it's like she aims to beat her own record every year

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Trevor's probably just saying that to ease things for SA's economy. How are you going to resign then later say you willing to serve in the new carbinet. apparantly the rand recoverd after he had said this. damn i guess he's more important than Mbeki.

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
Trevor's probably just saying that to ease things for SA's economy. How are you going to resign then later say you willing to serve in the new carbinet. apparantly the rand recoverd after he had said this. damn i guess he's more important than Mbeki.

Because he resigned as a member of cabinet...not from the ANC. Im sure he would be willing if they "deploy" him again...wherever "the mooooviement" sees fit. He resigned because the man who hired him also did so. im sure he's not opposed to being "hired" by someone else

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Markets rallied somewhat after Manuel confirmed that he was willing to serve under a new president, hinting that this might not be his final goodbye. Should soon-to-be-confirmed acting president Kgalema Motlanthe wish to, he could rehire Manuel.

Manuel, who is currently in Washington, will hold a press conference at 15:15.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

cosig. i dont think they gonna resign. i think its just a strategy on their part, its a bargaining tool. they want the new NEC to lick their a**es and not take them for granted!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:09:05 PM by Blizzard »

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile