Hype Magazine - OCT/ NOV

Dpleezy · 89 · 29869

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
hype was dope when it first came out. it was exciting to open up the pages and read about new artists and hearing new local talent.
i dont cop hype. in all honesty, the last time i copped one was in 2004. but i dont really think we can blame mizi or anyone else. it seems like there isnt much interest in such mags anymore. i may be wrong tho. but i remember times back in 05 even when you would have to wait to page thru the new source mag or scratch at the cna before you bought it. the isles always had dudes browsing thru those mags. now that doesnt really seem to happen. maybe people are just tired of the direction hip hop has taken? or maybe people are just not as interested in the movement as they used to be? just sayin

And by buying into this state of affairs and going with the flow, aren't they perpetuating the state of affairs and contributing to the frustration with the current state of hip hop?

Why not go against the grain and offer something different that would make people wanna support you, and create that excitement that once was?

That's just my take. Daemon, don't you wanna make another "chickenhawk" and I can maybe apply for Mizi's job.

Just kidding, but seriously, I have some great ideas that I would implement using Simone's help of course.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
DA L.E.S Cover is the leaked mag! I got it when the hype awards was on, havent really read through it but it seems good. As for DA L.E.S having the cover I dont have a problem with that, He has been in our faces for the past 12 months none stop if he an't on Jozi then you see him on Shiz Niz. Dude has been straight up hustling and hogging the spot light.

As for all the hate at Hype mag, I dont know!, honestly speaking i havent bought a mag for a while now. The last cover i bought was the Lil Wayne Cover............. I think, and that was cause i loved the article about lil wayne and nothing else. As for the same people in the mag all the time yes I do wanna know why the same people? Also I still dont understand how the unsigned top 5 works? Who chooses who and what not?

@K-9 Im glad you liked my discussion, Dude music is a business! if you not eating then what the f*** are you doing here?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Dude music is a business! if you not eating then what the f*** are you doing here?

Having fun. Exploring your creativity. making music...

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Dude music is a business! if you not eating then what the f*** are you doing here?

Having fun. Exploring your creativity. making music...

Lol that tooo but financial stability equals exploring your creativity with no worries! Think  about it dude!

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
The last cover i bought was the Lil Wayne Cover............. I think, and that was cause i loved the article about lil wayne and nothing else.

Talking bout lil wayne, X wer's the a millie joint u promised to do?

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Its Done! and yes it coming! We just wanna tweak afew parts of the track bout once its doen you will see the link!  enough about me lets stick to the topic at hand and that the hype mag, focus people focus!  ;D

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
The last cover i bought was the Lil Wayne Cover............. I think, and that was cause i loved the article about lil wayne and nothing else.

Isn't that track a bit old now?

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Its Done! and yes it coming! We just wanna tweak afew parts of the track bout once its doen you will see the link!  enough about me lets stick to the topic at hand and that the hype mag, focus people focus!  ;D

ha ha ha....but why is that practice of spittin on beats (of wateva's gettin more radio spin at that tym) not popular with our african rappers, is our artists limited wen it comes to the flows and creativity, are they scared...it wud be nice to have such...rappers challenge...or even on those wasted beats...who knows..

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Honestly I dont give a shit,if its old or new im doing it for the fun of it thats all, rapping over those beats is not the same where you just drop content and make people chase what you saying, that millie beat changes the whole concept of how you deliever! cause the beat is so simple your word play has to be 110% correct.

anyway

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Yeah, do sum else. Like Jocking Jay-Z. But thats also kinda old though.

Simon the Contractor

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/absolutediction
I really don't think it's a case of hating. I actually like Mizi, he's a cool dude. I just don't like the direction the magazine has taken. It is so monotonous. It got the same people all the time. I mean hey, the layout and so forth is looking good, but its no use if i'm being fed the same thing over and over again.

I'm not a bg fan of Da Les, but i have no problem with him being on the cover. Let him push his own huslte and i'll push mine, He seems to be making it far, so who am i to hate?

I just don't like the Hype magazine simply because it is not bringing anything new to me. it is actually boring now. Same cats on the mixtape, all of those cats bringing the same type of feel on their tracks... listeneng to these mixtapes is like eating dry rice every day.

On top of that, the magazine keeps promoting the same people all the time. I understand if they have an article on someone twice, but now it is reaching the point where they are praising the same artist over and over til it gets to the point that it starts frustrating you. How are new artists expected to be recognized if this keeps happening? The cats being exposed by the mag repeatedly are not even half as good as many other unknowns in SA.

But yah, thats just me man.

PS: The last time I bought Hype was when HHP was on the cover.
ww.myspace.com/absolutediction

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I really don't think it's a case of hating. I actually like Mizi, he's a cool dude. I just don't like the direction the magazine has taken. It is so monotonous. It got the same people all the time. I mean hey, the layout and so forth is looking good, but its no use if i'm being fed the same thing over and over again.

I'm not a bg fan of Da Les, but i have no problem with him being on the cover. Let him push his own huslte and i'll push mine, He seems to be making it far, so who am i to hate?

I just don't like the Hype magazine simply because it is not bringing anything new to me. it is actually boring now. Same cats on the mixtape, all of those cats bringing the same type of feel on their tracks... listeneng to these mixtapes is like eating dry rice every day.

On top of that, the magazine keeps promoting the same people all the time. I understand if they have an article on someone twice, but now it is reaching the point where they are praising the same artist over and over til it gets to the point that it starts frustrating you. How are new artists expected to be recognized if this keeps happening? The cats being exposed by the mag repeatedly are not even half as good as many other unknowns in SA.

But yah, thats just me man.

My sentiments exactly. It's like you actually read my mind.

I'd still like to run Hype for a few months though.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

which people are these?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
the only thing hype is missing is - better stuff to write about ARTISTS! u maf***ers is BORING to WRITE ABOUT!(SA hiphop artists)
No body is doing anything interesting!
Who is makin entertainment news?
SA Hiphop artists are simply not DOING MUCH as far as entertainment and marketing! they simply dull personalities really.jus niggas who good at writing scripts and being studio rats.
Yes, yall can rap! congratulations faggots!
But a magazine is about ENTERTAINMENT and LIFESTYLE! not HOW WELL U RAP!
The mixtape caters for that!

The MAG is about Lifestlye, fashion,new trends,culture,the party scene,controversy,sex,lies,advertising, buzz, hype, beef,drama, and everything else that people like to READ about!

And Entertainment means taking the reader to another world for a moment in their shallow lives. ie. the world that they aint used to on a day to day tip!
Most people who cop magazines get by(ie.live in the btwn rich and poor bracket). so if u wana entertain them u gotta be dead broke or filthy rich. ie. not in the same bracket.

If u rap, u gotta be a RAPPER ALL ROUND! not a backpackin STAN jus like the people who read about u!
Be different!

Thats why i love cats like Jabba and Da Les.
Niggas is Different!
They aint like errbody else!
Thats why they gettin money n love from errbody.

Yall jus trippin cos yall just NORMAL and just LIKE erbody else.

Otherwise the HYPE MAG is TIGHT! u cant blame Mizi cos ur fav rapper is BORING to interview!  and the new comers aint doing ENOUGH MARKETING!

Still Doublin up nyuggas!!!!

Pyro.........editor.......NOt in this lifetime ;)

The Monopoly - the Greatest HITS - Out Now
K9 - Purebreed mixtape - comin soon

@cash_sog

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Does HYPE do specials on neighboring countries, and their on goings? Like Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe? Is the Mag distributed in these countries? Cause wouldn't that broaden the subject matter? It should help with with the sales too, No?