Africasgateway.com

Adamiz

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Whats all this talk of emcees wearing lip gloss?? Whatever happened to keeping it real? Spicey armpits, head lice, acid proof plaque, scurvy, crabs???
Shit... hip hop has changed for real.

I remember when I used to rap. You know when you can actually physically see and feel the layer of plaque on your teeth and smell your own breath when you talk.

Wearing the same underwear for a week, and still getting all the ladies.

We're losing our culture people.

I couldnt really rap, but as a follower of the culture, i stopped bathing. I used to go for weeks without water...chapped a** dry lips and shit. Niggas respected me though, even though i didnt rap. Its that kind of respect the game is missing right now. Its a damn shame.

Lol not all hope is lost. there were plenty of smelly backpackers at the beatoven launch in pta not so long ago. some smelled of some cologne though..SMH

what about the female backpackers though, they've gone clean too. Wearing heels to poetry/hiphop gigs and shit

you were there too...hehehehe...who was wearing cologne...exposion them fellas

almost everyone Tang, maybe even u. ;D and i almost fell in shock when I saw a rapper wearing kick n boboza shoes and a cardigan...SMH
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
UHmmmm. this is an Admiz thread.get your lip gloss wearin, kick n boboza, Lux soap, manicure -a** out of here!!!!
heaven is mine.....

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
So the female backpackers didn't bath aswell ??? :o

no man, of course they bathed. but had this grimmy look about them. Dirty all-stars, always wearing brown, green or black...dirty dreadlocks etc

I knew a girl that I used to think was really hot, till she became one of  these backpackers.

That description is her to a t. It's like there is some shop that caters to these people, cos I've never seen anywhere that only stocks clothes in only these colours, yet they seem to have wardrobes full.

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
UHmmmm. this is an Admiz thread.get your lip gloss wearin, kick n boboza, Lux soap, manicure -a** out of here!!!!

Beating bitches since 1982.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog

no man, of course they bathed. but had this grimmy look about them. Dirty all-stars, always wearing brown, green or black...dirty dreadlocks etc

I knew a girl that I used to think was really hot, till she became one of  these backpackers.

That description is her to a t. It's like there is some shop that caters to these people, cos I've never seen anywhere that only stocks clothes in only these colours, yet they seem to have wardrobes full.

lol as a reformed female who used to dress like a backpacker, i can fill u in.

The cargo pants..the really baggy ones..u buy the guy ones. and u get clothes in these colours everywhere, every shop u go to has black, brown and militaty green clothes...u just pick those colours and ignore all the fruity colours :)

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

The cargo pants..the really baggy ones..u buy the guy ones. and u get clothes in these colours everywhere, every shop u go to has black, brown and militaty green clothes...u just pick those colours and ignore all the fruity colours :)

Damn. You used to be one? I thought the only way out was a gruesome death at the hands of the fellow cult members.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I've also never known anyone who got out of this willingly, without at least some remnant of dirt.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
@ threadz

i had to stop, my parents though i was on drugs. So after high school, i just stopped dressing like one..U knw looking like u just crawled out of the sewarage is not a good look in the office :)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
^ha ha. y'all are being to hard. i've actually had some good (debauched) times with this bunch.

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
^ha ha. y'all are being to hard. i've actually had some good (debauched) times with this bunch.

How long did it take you to get used to soap and water again?

Mo'licious

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

I can relate to this...lmao! And if i never found a shop that had the typa gear I wanted, I walked down president street, bought 1m of material and my aunt would make me a skirt. Even used to wear skirts over pants. Lawd knows why I did that. And I had lox, so people including my parents used to think that I was on some heavy blunting. Glad this phase is over.....

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
lol @ molicious

so u also wearing happy colours now huh ;D

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

I can relate to this...lmao! And if i never found a shop that had the typa gear I wanted, I walked down president street, bought 1m of material and my aunt would make me a skirt. Even used to wear skirts over pants. Lawd knows why I did that. And I had lox, so people including my parents used to think that I was on some heavy blunting. Glad this phase is over.....

One thing I never understood... Just means you have more laundry to wash.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog

One thing I never understood... Just means you have more laundry to wash.

the Muslim chicks at my school used to wear their uniform like this. maybe it caught on from there :)

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

Most memorable momment:Adamiz nd his buddys on Y-fm flowing to dat MHZ' World Premier beat.Niggz killed it. I think it was them Hell's Kitchen ppl or something.(2005)
mine was at fire on the mountain in cape town (2005 i think) wen he
dismantled TOP.. now i got love fo the archetypes but danm..that was just not ryt,
humilliated him in his own town.

But cosign wid the dirty look, my cru had the whole baggy cargos n erthing goin' on too
but Adamis was just another breed of dirt...we even avoided him at the venue cuz he
looked like one of those mentaly unstable hobo-types, n he still had those dingy a**
dreadlox back then...i was pretty convinced he hitch-hiked his way down from jhb,
cuz man..let me just leave it there.