Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ani crackboy or member of crew wanna wanna battle?

Lil Lookie · 121 · 53090

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
 :D
Well, i've reached my "pr targets" for the day. so i am releived of my duties till monday.

More seriously and jokes aside. We are approaching the festive season and it will be very interesting to see who takes advantage of the increase in buying power from the youth and the willingness of consumers to spend money they dont have moving into december.

Or will the slump in the markets cause consumers to slow down this year and hold back from spending? How will this affect the already low consumer power of our hiphop/pop products?

I think we(Crackboys/DC Ent., Pioneer Unit, The majors,etc.) all have a huge problem which needs very innovative processes to overcome.

We are in the business of selling music. How will we do this with the consistent hurdles, AND the latest events in the financial markets,the political climate and the Haterade phenomenon going on in South Africa?

We have a common interest here. Id like to know what everyone else is doing in preparation for the next few months.
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Lol! So wat u think about wat cash jus said Pleezy? Wat i think u mite then b gettin cagey abt brotha, is the meaning of it. Wen Cash means wen he says if u arent doin 'pop' u're wastin time or wateva.. Is that, the point of makin music the way we all do is to have it received on a global scale and successful! Now if thats nt wats on ur mind, then by god, u r wastin time! Do it for u and ur friends then and contradict urself. A lotta people front wen their shit isnt as wel received as theyd like and hide behind the, 'this is exclusive music banner'. We aint sayin do it the way we do.. Bt dnt front like our goal aint the same! Feel me?
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
@Koli - there is a difference between being 'popular' and making 'pop' music. my point continues to be that you can be 'successful' (make a living / have a fan base) without making pop (formulaic derivative) music.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ planet - u keep on speaking of invisible lines that r being made up.. Dawg, we dnt worri bout that shit nomore. Cats dnt even talk abt it.. Crackboys that is! But i know wat I'M talkin bout. With all due respect D, if u haven't been in that position, how cud u resolve its fabricated? I can tel u story's bout how many 'influential' people have told me(koli) to quit the crackboys and do spit a certain way they heard on a certain song and they'd roll wit dat. bcoz the cboys r too flashy and too loud, talented as they r! A lot of cats(heads) didnt pay me any mind until the anvils joint even tho its the same koli frm the first monopoly tape. So the lines r there brotha! I'm cool.. Bt i kno wussup.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
As ive pointed out.the climate has become colder and more barren with regards to selling music. and with any business in fact.
We will now see what we call DOWNSCALING in major corporations.
Now with music i see the need for a DOWNSCALING as well.

I think you cannot justify investing in an artist anymore, if the artist does not give you a POP HIT. you cannot affort to lose on your entire investment anymore. its not fair on you and your family. The artist and the artists family.

Every artist now needs to MEET the business requirements. ie. produce a product that can be consumed by the largest market. Why? because this is the most likely way for you to bring back the Capital that has been used to "break" you into the scene.

videos,photo shoots,cd covers, clothes, travelling costs, food and shelter do not come for free. and they are becoming more costly.
These are only the IMMEDIATE costs in signing an artist.

So the key now is to maximise your potential gains!
Make the most marketable music, but still do it creatively and true to yourself as an artist(for the people).

U cannot be an artist for yourself and your friends anymore.the stakes are high(er).

If at this critical time there is no understanding of this. then truly, our labels will die.our artists will have no platform to release material.and god forbid, precious old hiphop, will cease to be a viable means to feed your children.

I used to say "Lets make HITS" and meant it as a matter of urgency, now it has become a matter of necessity.

Things will get worse before they get better!
Do it for the people. The people will reward you. and only once you claim these financial rewards, can you afford to do it for yourself.

@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I feel u. People gotta like it tho. A lot of people! Like i do music that i like and i figure a lot of people will like bcoz i'm part of that demographic! I know thats not formulaic.. u wil liken it to something u've heard be4 bcoz i have influences and idols that have moulded me into the artist i am but u'l b able to tel me apart! Hell, u mite even hear a lil of them in me depending on how strong the influence is.. does that make me formulaic? And i mean mayb a pop icon like michael jackson or sumthin. I hear wat u sayin and i agree.. Bt b unbiased abt ur view!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I think you cannot justify investing in an artist anymore, if the artist does not give you a POP HIT. you cannot affort to lose on your entire investment anymore. its not fair on you and your family. The artist and the artists family.

i don't agree. it's not all about 'hits'. there's not one 'hit' on B. Sharpa, but it's already had all it's costs covered from licensing deals (and it only came out on wednesday!).

You keep saying we can't do it, but we've been doing it!

we've made good money this year off licensing - we have even bigger and better deals in the pipeline - and that's off one 'underground' CD with no radio play. by the middle of next year we'll have 8 major releases earning us and the artists money.

there's a market for 'good' music out there. you don't have to make pop music, trust me. I've got nothing against pop - you and your girl are gonna be doing the scooter this summer to rattex's 'get down' - but it's not the only way!!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
We make good music! The way we want! We know the ma**es will like.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
can we get figures d?
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

i don't agree. it's not all about 'hits'. there's not one 'hit' on B. Sharpa, but it's already had all it's costs covered from licensing deals (and it only came out on wednesday!).

You keep saying we can't do it, but we've been doing it!

we've made good money this year off licensing - we have even bigger and better deals in the pipeline - and that's off one 'underground' CD with no radio play. by the middle of next year we'll have 8 major releases earning us and the artists money.

there's a market for 'good' music out there. you don't have to make pop music, trust me. I've got nothing against pop - you and your girl are gonna be doing the scooter this summer to rattex's 'get down' - but it's not the only way!!

by COSTS u mean production,distribution and manufacturing costs? wow, u gotta school me on the PM on how u doing that. Its not easy.

lol.D. good music is a pre-requisite. We ALWAYS talk in terms of that! or are you implying that POP music is all BAD :D
I think if youre making all these good moves ur artists must reward you with at least one HIT RECORD per album. YEW can do it.

@Rob, you clearly have not gone through our catalog. Lets not let this info sharing thread deteriorate with your snide comments
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I'm a journalist. I make my living off snide comments. And right now, the Crackheads = cannon fodder.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
can we get figures d?

Sure, B. Sharpa and Bread and Butter cost R80 at your favourite retail outlet ;)

lol. sales figures please. just want to see how far ahead of mad rapper yall are so far
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!