Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ani crackboy or member of crew wanna wanna battle?

Lil Lookie · 121 · 53455

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
@ born - dude.. U jus reali said nothin besides callin wat we agreed was new school hiphop, pop! I dnt care wat u choose to define it as bcoz thats nt the debate! Now, i believe i'm one of those who easily blends wit old skul and 'pop' cats. I'm not cryin bout it, i'm cool. I'm merely tellin u as far as i've observed, and i'm pretty deep in so i think my opinion is educated. Take it or leave pa! Another thing, callin it Pop, tells me cats have achieved wat they set out to.. Its short for POPULAR! I doubt very much they were lookin at caputurin a niché market. Now dig this, lets not digress. As the definition for THIS exchange of views has been set. Wat u're sayin is another argument all together.
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I actually think the so-called 'new school' enjoy believing that there is something to rebel against. what they seem to fail to grasp is that they aren't the avant garde, they are merely following a pop trend.

The Rogers Innovation curve is a model that cla**ifies adopters into various categories, based on the idea that certain individuals are inevitably more open to adaption or innovation than others.

A lot of our South African 'new school' cats are either in the 'late majority' or 'laggards'. Some of our better 'new school' cats might just about make it to the tail-end of the 'early majority' (if we're being generous). Remember, I'm talking globally here. You can't be proud of yourself because you're the first rapper in SA to do a Tippy Toes track.

My point is that if you do pop music, just be proud of it - don't try and make it something it isn't. Do you think Britney or Justin are ashamed of themselves? Of course they aren't!

(I've just realised I should have posted this in the Originality thread)

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Fair enough maybe I spoke in anger but I do believe in what I say. Cash you're not a popstar you're a musician with a serious hustle this you have proved at length, you just talk a lot of trash which in essence is a good thing for any crew but gets varied responses from different people. The point of what I was saying in case you missed it for fear of imagined Crackboy victimisation is that the divide is imaginary. Sure Souljaboy got dissed by Ice T but who gives a f*** what he has to say anyway, he sold it years ago.

Look at Jozi for instance, there's a clear example of the old and new collaborating. Whether I like their music is immaterial but you can't take Ish's POC history away from him nor ignore the fact that he is working with seriously young cats a lot of the time, happily minus the odd butterknife incident here and there. I'm sure there are other examples.

I do not see how this is a digression, I do not make you choose what to focus on. A digression would be to say hard luck to Jozi for missing out at the MOBO's but yeah, I can't tell you the names of more than two of the songs. My bad.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ planet - sum cats need to stop tryina play god! If everyone does wat they do and shuts up about wat the next is doin.. We'd not b talkin about this. Bt thats in an ideal world. I have first hand experience of how it is on both sides of the fence.. 'New school' cats aren't disillusioned. Trust me!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I evolve directly proportional to fashion/business/and POP(ie.POPULAR) trends  ;) and im proud that i do dat HipPop!

I LOVE BEING A POP STAR! i live,breathe,sleep hipPOP!

but the reason is not because i am brainwashed :D

the reason is because it is the industry i CHOOSE to trade in. It is where i am comfortable and have a healthy growth prospective.
There is more room for creativity and expansion in this market.
This is where i can BE ME!

It would be a bad business move to trade in the non-existent hiphop industry where the producers fail to cater to the consumer, but still expect customer loyalty ;D
As we have witnessed over the last 10yrs,this market has little or no growth and capital gains are an illusion. Name ONE SA Hiphop(not HipPop) artist who has grown wealthy financially, who has been trading in this market for the past decade.

And yes, i dont give a flying fishbone about any oldschool cats who are not co-signing the new school FULLY!
People like Lee, a lot of YFM oldguard, and MOST of yall UNDERGROUND NIGGAS!!!,etc. are really trying to put the breaks on hip-pop and im sending out a warning! YOU CANNOT RUN FROM THE INEVITABLE! either u with us FULLY, or you WILL BE FORCED INTO IRRELEVANCE!
this is a matter of ANC SPLITTING proportions!
So YES! it is all real.

We came this far with nothing but "friction and ridicule" from the ones who were supposed to be paving the way!(with the exception of a few niggas) they left us nothing to inherit! nothing to grow from. So we took our own direction and now were planting our own seeds on the foundation we have laid ourselves!
I got no beef with nobody, as long as you let me freely trade without trying to slow me down cos i have earned my space. Now niggas wana tell us what to do in OUR SPACE. Life is too short for you to be worried about my space when u got ur OWN space to take care of.

Really, u cant tell me nothing *Jeezy adlibs here please*

And YES, I AM A POP STAR!

@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ born - i dig u. I'm talkin generally here. Plus, i can't tel u i kno how Ishmael ended up wit bongz, les and lu. It cud b for the most sincere reasons or it cud have been a business proposition. He was amongst a numba of cats backstage at Ba**line visibly enthused by tumi's actions. I dnt care wat he's in it for. Bt i've learnt to depend on myself coz i wasnt given the comfort of having older cats to show me the way. No crackboys!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Hola pop star! Lol!

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile

I LOVE BEING A POP STAR! i live,breathe,sleep hipPOP!

but the reason is not because i am brainwashed :D

the reason is because it is the industry i CHOOSE to trade in. It is where i am comfortable and have a healthy growth prospective.
There is more room for creativity and expansion in this market.
This is where i can BE ME!

etc.

And yes, i dont give a flying fishbone about any oldschool cats who are not co-signing the new school FULLY!
People like Lee, a lot of YFM oldguard, and MOST of yall UNDERGROUND NIGGAS!!!,etc. are really trying to put the breaks on hip-pop and im sending out a warning! YOU CANNOT RUN FROM THE INEVITABLE! either u with us FULLY, or you WILL BE FORCED INTO IRRELEVANCE!
this is a matter of ANC SPLITTING proportions!
So YES! it is all real.

We came this far with nothing but "friction and ridicule" from the ones who were supposed to be paving the way!(with the exception of a few niggas) they left us nothing to inherit! nothing to grow from. So we took our own direction and now were planting our own seeds on the foundation we have laid ourselves!
I got no beef with nobody, as long as you let me freely trade without trying to slow me down cos i have earned my space. Now niggas wana tell us what to do in OUR SPACE. Life is too short for you to be worried about my space when u got ur OWN space to take care of.

Really, u cant tell me nothing *Jeezy adlibs here please*

And YES, I AM A POP STAR!

1. You need to get over that shit.
2. If you are a pop star then why are you always commenting on the hip hop market/ industry? If you are pop, I don't have to worry about who's rich from hip hop, just tell you that your real competition as you've just defined (Jozi, Danny K, maybe even people like Tasha Baxter) are who you need to be taking shots at, not playing small on hip hop forums.
3. Thank you for making my day. I thought I was the only person who posted total garbage when I post without thinking.

Stop imagining beef, you're digressing B.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
1.Im on medication for that ;)
2.when i comment on hiphop, u must realise that it encompa**es POP music to a large extent.
3.yes thinking is boring, the only difference btwn you and me is that i speak from the heart! you speak from the arse :D im kidding. lmao. jus thought id throw a lil humour in if you dont mind ;)

we are ALREADY doin what the older cats were supposed to do for us.
Look at how weve paved the way for MVT(Probably the Hottest new group in SA hiphop hands down), The V.I.C and RnB dude JAMAL!
They now have it WAY easier than we did. Why?
Cos we welcome NEW TALENT! NEW COMPETITION! NEW WAYS OF DOING THINGS! we open up shop, THEN KEEP THE SHOP OPEN! we dont close the doors behind us. SHIIIIT! it took a lot to break them doors down in the first place!!!
unlike dem fossil a** niggas who show nothing but FEAR and MISUNDERSTANDING when we came out n try by all means to shut shit down!

Tumi acted out of obligation to those influences(old school mentality),thats why he stepped out of character like that! I respect dude cos i know he aint that type of person and he called me and apologised nobly. I understood the pressure he was under to ACT on behalf of the oldguard. it wasnt his call.
So to the SHOT CALLERS. im speaking directly to yall.
Let us go about our business freely. We do not answer to UR rules. We are playing a different game so we do not feel any obligations to follow your protocol.
Accept that and move on! Or we will start employing OUR protocol for such circumstances.
@cash_sog

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile

3.yes thinking is boring, the only difference btwn you and me is that i speak from the heart! you speak from the arse :D im kidding. lmao. jus thought id throw a lil humour in if you dont mind ;) No worries at least I know my arse beats your heart for sense hands down. 8)

So to the SHOT CALLERS. None of these people have ever gotten in your way. I'm saying you listen too much to archivists and music listeners, while anybody even on AG actually active in music (largely) in whatever form has been mad respectful, if a little annoyed at times. You making this shit harder on yourself than need be. Take a step back for a minute and think about who really gives you any shit, and what they really do for anything that interfaces with you directly. I think that despite all your bravado you mad sensitive about shit that you should be taking in your stride, and no !!!!! OR CAPS or  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D will really hide that. Seriously man.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Pop is popular music son. It encompa**es all genre's of music. Pac is a pop icon like it or not. B.i.g, eminem, 50, soulja boy, bow wow, ll cool j, snoop.. The list goes on! All these people r rappers in essence! U gon tel me soulja boy dnt rap? U'd b lying! He dnt rap like pac! True! He rap like soulja boy! Speakin of formulaic.. How many cats u like sound like other cats? L.e.s mite not b the first cat to rap bout tippy toes like ur favourite rapper aint the first to say wateva he sayin! and i dnt even like tippy toes! Bt i take my hat off to l.e.s coz he doin his thing. Bongz aint the first person to vo-cord his shit bt FIRE is.. well... FIRE! There r double standards wen cats adjudicate originality. if the hiphop u do, wateva type of hiphop it is, is liked and bumped by enuf people.. It automatically becomes POP!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
@ planet - sum cats need to stop tryina play god! If everyone does wat they do and shuts up about wat the next is doin.. We'd not b talkin about this. Bt thats in an ideal world. I have first hand experience of how it is on both sides of the fence.. 'New school' cats aren't disillusioned. Trust me!

@ koli - no one is trying to play god. what is irritating, and factually incorrect, is the view constantly being touted by your camp, that if you're not doing pop, then you're irrelevant.

All i'm saying is that there is no need to create an artificial divide between 'old skool' and 'new skool'.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

3.yes thinking is boring, the only difference btwn you and me is that i speak from the heart! you speak from the arse :D im kidding. lmao. jus thought id throw a lil humour in if you dont mind ;) No worries at least I know my arse beats your heart for sense hands down. 8)

So to the SHOT CALLERS. None of these people have ever gotten in your way. I'm saying you listen too much to archivists and music listeners, while anybody even on AG actually active in music (largely) in whatever form has been mad respectful, if a little annoyed at times. You making this shit harder on yourself than need be. Take a step back for a minute and think about who really gives you any shit, and what they really do for anything that interfaces with you directly. I think that despite all your bravado you mad sensitive about shit that you should be taking in your stride, and no !!!!! OR CAPS or  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D will really hide that. Seriously man.

what can i say, im a sensitive thug. can one of the ladies please give me a hug.
thnks for the words B, ps. yes ur arse is a force to be reckoned with judging by the shit that keeps comin out of it ;)
hahahahahaha.
ps.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D AND SUM CAPS FOR THAT a** ;)

TGF!

lol. Koli, i dont think D will ever understand that the ultimate destination he is taking Ben Sharpa to is POP STARDOM :D
The road leads to ONE FINAL destination
no matter what, if D does a good job, Ben will inevitably become a POP STAR. just like ME ;D
in fact, Ben and all hiphop purists(if they become successful) will join us in the HIP-POP hall of fame :-*
Ur all Welcome nyuugggaaaaaz
@cash_sog