Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

AG REBELLION

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Im in. AG sucks a** as of late.I see most of the "older gods" aint even posting anymore.It's all about relationships this, girls that,dicks, cats macking online,stupid shit. Like WTF man. This aint no Sis Dolly column muthaf***ers !!!!

Im down yo.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
^Che Monu, two people in your thread insinuated that they didn't give a f***. the rest explained to you that what you wanted (banning) was something they were not capable of. you're showing a very bitched-out craving for attention that's got me agreeing with Nathan. are you in or not. that's point of the thread.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
There's still a lot of great content on AG. Rather than running away to try to get Milk's attention (which might end up destroying AG completely - and has no guarantee of working), we should try to formulate an AG code of conduct - a set of community guidelines - that the moderators can enforce.

I have just mailed Milk to ask him to give moderators back their powers to delete threads and ultimately ban persistent offenders, but without a set of guidelines, these powers would be meaningless.

As much as I'm all for freedom of expression and open communication, I do believe some form of moderation is needed to keep the quality and integrity of the community high. However, I also believe that most problematic issues that arise can be dealt with by the community itself. For example, if you don't like the posts of a certain person, don't read or respond to them - that person will get bored and give up.

We should really think carefully about what we want. A healthy community should contain voices that offer differing and controversial opinions. What some people find annoying and crap, other people might really enjoy.

Let's start suggesting some community guidelines that we can discuss. (I know we've touched on this before, but let's try to create something concrete to go to Milk with).

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
This aint no Sis Dolly column muthaf***ers !!!!

HAHA.

Someone will start a thread titled "Dear Sis Dolly"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
There's still a lot of great content on AG. Rather than running away to try to get Milk's attention (which might end up destroying AG completely - and has no guarantee of working), we should try to formulate an AG code of conduct - a set of community guidelines - that the moderators can enforce.

I have just mailed Milk to ask him to give moderators back their powers to delete threads and ultimately ban persistent offenders, but without a set of guidelines, these powers would be meaningless.

As much as I'm all for freedom of expression and open communication, I do believe some form of moderation is needed to keep the quality and integrity of the community high. However, I also believe that most problematic issues that arise can be dealt with by the community itself. For example, if you don't like the posts of a certain person, don't read or respond to them - that person will get bored and give up.

We should really think carefully about what we want. A healthy community should contain voices that offer differing and controversial opinions. What some people find annoying and crap, other people might really enjoy.

Let's start suggesting some community guidelines that we can discuss. (I know we've touched on this before, but let's try to create something concrete to go to Milk with).

I can work with this.

Should we post our ideas in here?

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Not sure I agree entirely with D. However, some code of conduct at some point does make sense. A good starting point would simply be some kind of fair use policy - something which prohibits/disencourages malicious, obnoxious and time-wasting posts that is backed up by mod's powers.

Or is that in the AUP already?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I can work with this.

Should we post our ideas in here?

yeah,,, let's post them here - and let's try not to get derailed.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
all of the sudden cats is waving plackards talking yeah, off with they heads, mayn please, if these so called "mad rapper" niccas werent worth mentionin we wouldnt be having this discussion, i still say the only way get rid of the bullshit is not to stand next to it, check for all o mad rappers threads, them shits run 2-3 pages deep and its not jus him, cats be loving that stupidity, it makes them feel smarter...

like so many of this website's more relevant topics or suggested endeavours of positivity its gon crumble in the face of lack of commitment, come to think o it, what ever happened to tht AG mixtape that cats where hollering bou, il tell u, LACK OF COMMITMENT and gum flappin don seen it a hazy time in history...

if this whole no posting isht is what u have planned as a "rebellion" then im saddened by your desperation...dont give these niccas that much power...

jsu go on with yo lives and stop checkin for they posts....its that simple..

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
@D. i don't think it's 'running away' at all. the great content you're talking about has come to occupy a small corner that really doesn't stand up against the deluge of bullshit that's come to characterise this place. this just makes it hard for some people to find the exercise worth it. besides, what's being suggested here is a temporary measure to try and rectify the situation, not a 'giving up'. and of course, if your correspondence with milk is successful it changes the situation (and discussion) entirely. as for the guidelines; they might take a while. what i would suggest is that in the mean time it could help to put certain (urgent) issues down to good old democracy and let the community speak through voting certain shit and/or people out. if not, then at least shut them the f*** up until they can state their case (a trial?  :)) in an articulate manner that might win them back favour.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Okay, here goes...

1. New registration's first 20 posts are not visible, until they have been approved by a moderator.
This will enable us to filter the people who post useless pointless shit, just for the sake of getting attention.

2. Only after 20 posts, are you allowed to start new threads.

3. Anyone starting a thread for the sole purpose of talking shit or insulting someone will be warned. After 2 warnings, you are banned.

4. Any person who has more than one account, will have all accounts banned, except for the one he registered first. If he signs up with another account after this, ban his IP.

5. Keep your threads in the right section. Don't put a thread about your girlfriend in the events section etc. this way people don't have to wade through ten bullshit threads before getting to what they were interested in.

I'll post more when I can think of them.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
My point is that 'rebelling' or 'dissenting' by leaving AG suggests that we attempt to punish Milk for neglecting us. That's missing the point. AG is our community. Milk isn't getting rich off this and doesn't really owe us anything.

Hopefully he'll respond to my email and we can move forward from here.

But the question still remains, what are we really asking for anyway? I don't like the idea of being able to vote people off AG without having a set of guidelines established first.

We need to think carefully about what we want AG to be. The same people that complain about AG not being focused enough on hip hop also post pictures of hot babes, and discuss cars and football. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but there isn't common consensus yet.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Okay, here goes...

1. New registration's first 20 posts are not visible, until they have been approved by a moderator.
This will enable us to filter the people who post useless pointless shit, just for the sake of getting attention.

2. Only after 20 posts, are you allowed to start new threads.

3. Anyone starting a thread for the sole purpose of talking shit or insulting someone will be warned. After 2 warnings, you are banned.

4. Any person who has more than one account, will have all accounts banned, except for the one he registered first. If he signs up with another account after this, ban his IP.

5. Keep your threads in the right section. Don't put a thread about your girlfriend in the events section etc. this way people don't have to wade through ten bullshit threads before getting to what they were interested in.

I'll post more when I can think of them.

now we're getting somewhere, thanks man.

I like these, especially the one about keeping your posts in the right section. mods should have the power to move threads to the right place but people shouldn't be lazy when creating new posts.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
D, I think the point of AG not being focused on Hip hop enoug isn't really the issue. That is after all why we have different sections.

The people who post pics of women and talk football usually do it in the right sections.

The complaints, I think, are about people who start bullshit threads about fictitious labels and people, or just start threads cursing other people out. Or those that flood the board with threads about hteir crew when they could have just done all their promoting in one thread, but instead choose to open ten.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
D, I think the point of AG not being focused on Hip hop enoug isn't really the issue. That is after all why we have different sections.

The people who post pics of women and talk football usually do it in the right sections.

The complaints, I think, are about people who start bullshit threads about fictitious labels and people, or just start threads cursing other people out. Or those that flood the board with threads about hteir crew when they could have just done all their promoting in one thread, but instead choose to open ten.

yeah,,, we never had these problems when the mods still had their powers. I used to spend quite a lot of time deleting multiple self-promotional threads (for example). hopefully milk will give the mods back their powers again and we can get things under control.

I would never delete a post containing an opinion i didn't agree with though.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Cosign 100% with D and Tate. At least there must be guidelines. I wouldnt want to log on Ag one day and no one has posted a post for the whole day and people would complain because its boring. If you dont like a post dont respond its that easy.