sample
dont sample

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile
ive been told that my composing skills are way better than sampling skills.
here's something ruff that i did....an sampled material...jst sounds from vsti and live drums that i editted to suit the beat.

from what you know abt me...what do u say.

feel free to drop ur own unsampled and sampled materials here........

To Sample Or Not To Sample[/glow]

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
PHillip PHillip Phillip, i see that midi u got keepin u busy...downloaded the beat and since u highlighted that perhaps commentry should be made on the basis of what pple know u for this is what i have to say....

i got allota of Nelly Furtado Timbalandish sound from this, although not the totally organised chaotic drum patterns that Timbo uses but a melody tht Nelly Furtado could freak very well...

i didnt fully like the beat thou, i think its cos i found it a tad bit too repetative, the sound is clean, clear and the drums presice its jus that i feel the underlying guitar makes it sound monotonous, proberbly if u change that loop u got on it with the coming in of the crecendos or the is it the Organ, dunno..

overall since i dont think its a HipHop beat, u have done very well to step outside the box, cant really say i didnt expect tht from you but yeah, its fresh. its not sampled so again i have to commend you on the liveness o the instruments, but then again i have to say if u gon play an instrument, u gon have to PLAY IT (especially since u have a keyboard)...f***s a bit more with that guitar dun...

after a bunch more o these id say u on yo way to tossin out those samplin packs...to me i hope...hehehe...i joke i joke i kid i kid... ;)

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
i actually kinda like this one.. is that a slayer sound? i don't think
u were goin 4 a hip hop sound so its okay as a pop jingle..or sumthing.
Nelly furtado comes 2 mind like oints said

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
PHillip PHillip Phillip, i see that midi u got keepin u busy...downloaded the beat and since u highlighted that perhaps commentry should be made on the basis of what pple know u for this is what i have to say....

i got allota of Nelly Furtado Timbalandish sound from this, although not the totally organised chaotic drum patterns that Timbo uses but a melody tht Nelly Furtado could freak very well...

i didnt fully like the beat thou, i think its cos i found it a tad bit too repetative, the sound is clean, clear and the drums presice its jus that i feel the underlying guitar makes it sound monotonous, proberbly if u change that loop u got on it with the coming in of the crecendos or the is it the Organ, dunno..

overall since i dont think its a HipHop beat, u have done very well to step outside the box, cant really say i didnt expect tht from you but yeah, its fresh. its not sampled so again i have to commend you on the liveness o the instruments, but then again i have to say if u gon play an instrument, u gon have to PLAY IT (especially since u have a keyboard)...f***s a bit more with that guitar dun...

after a bunch more o these id say u on yo way to tossin out those samplin packs...to me i hope...hehehe...i joke i joke i kid i kid... ;)

thanx...since this is new to me ima take ur advice seriously bro...its cool that i came close to achieving the timbaland feel to it which shows i am progressing in some way... :D  :D  :D

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
i actually kinda like this one.. is that a slayer sound? i don't think
u were goin 4 a hip hop sound so its okay as a pop jingle..or sumthing.
Nelly furtado comes 2 mind like oints said

yeah! thats the slayer 2........
its surposed to be for this chick i now...shes more into the RnB Pop thing if u know what i mean.
thanx..... :D  :D  :D

alil more practise and i think i'll be able to nail this.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
damn...how i wish i understood this producer's language...

I like the beat too....and i think it can fall either way...hiphop or rnb....oh and pop...

a good mc can flow to this effortlessly and make it sound mad nyc...

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
damn...how i wish i understood this producer's language...

I like the beat too....and i think it can fall either way...hiphop or rnb....oh and pop...

a good mc can flow to this effortlessly and make it sound mad nyc...

thanx....i figured i might as well broaden my ability as a producer....
im still reading alot on sound engineering....it aint cheap getting a sound engineer so might as well try and do it myself....
tho i havent yet mixed this one.

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
its supposed to be for this chick i know...she's more into the RnB Pop thing if u know what i mean.

Paulina, is that her name, is she any good??

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
its supposed to be for this chick i know...she's more into the RnB Pop thing if u know what i mean.

yeah! thats her name....she's realy gud....we jst did two tracks already...ill post some snips of em soon to be judged......

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

yeah! thats her name....she's realy gud....we jst did two tracks already...ill post some snips of em soon to be judged......

yeah playa, let loose on them shits, last tym we spoke told u i wanna hear suma her material since u said she writes her own stuff, tht would be fresh to hear...

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile

yeah playa, let loose on them shits, last tym we spoke told u i wanna hear suma her material since u said she writes her own stuff, tht would be fresh to hear...

will do bro.... ;D

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
I'm not really a producer like that but i've been learning how 2 play piano chords n stuff,i wana learn how 2 sample too... so far i think
i've got the hang of the fl slicer, but i dont realy like that 'choppy'
sound all the time. I wana make the music sound more 'natural'
u know? maybe i should slice a loop instead of a whole song...

i dont have an mpc or anythin, i'm still dabblin wid the fpc cuz i
hear that kinda works the same. do u guys start off wid a drum pattern or a loop, cuz i stil have a problem wid making my drums
sound 'hard' enough

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
switch to ejay fam...no hustles. LOL
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
I'm not really a producer like that but i've been learning how 2 play piano chords n stuff,i wana learn how 2 sample too... so far i think
i've got the hang of the fl slicer, but i dont realy like that 'choppy'
sound all the time. I wana make the music sound more 'natural'
u know? maybe i should slice a loop instead of a whole song...

i dont have an mpc or anythin, i'm still dabblin wid the fpc cuz i
hear that kinda works the same. do u guys start off wid a drum pattern or a loop, cuz i stil have a problem wid making my drums
sound 'hard' enough

best believe there are many ways of achieving all this questions ur asking abt
bt here are mine....
 :D  :D  :D

-i usually start wit the sample...jst to build up a plan of how i want the beat to go then i work on the drums....

-as for making ur drums hit harder...u can try adding a ba** boost and then applying a limiter/soft clipper  to protect it from clipping

-u cud kill the low end frequencies from 70-75khz down but i normally use that on my ba** to make it stick out....pls note that in all good time u will realize its all abt how good ur kick sample is.....

-also try applying parallel compression to ur drums...it gives it a more presence feel....
here's the link for parallel compression that i posted.... ;)

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=24258.0