ProVerb · 568 · 251366

nandonation

• nandonation 4 usefull information.
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-2
  • Its Dat Nando
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/nandonation
KIP IT UP VERB.I WATCHED U WHEN U PEFORM YA HAND UP LAST WK ON LIVE.DAMN YA ROCKA.
cnt say nuthaang-unless u up 2 sumthang

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
The official digital release date remains May 29th, but Write of Pa**age is already available online. All ya'll heads that are not able to get to the stores or to my soldiers, let the material get to you. Snatch Write of Pa**age at one of these online outlets: Kalahari.net, Look & Listen, Musica and Take2

Good looks Pro I'm overseas but wanna support so I been waiting on the digital! Is it going to itunes?

Yes Sir!
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
KIP IT UP VERB.I WATCHED U WHEN U PEFORM YA HAND UP LAST WK ON LIVE.DAMN YA ROCKA.

The crowd as clearly a house crowd but I force fed and they ate up! Moved an entire box that evening!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Thaso called me up and introduced me to a young cat by the name of Casper and played me a banger of a beat on which he mentioned they’d like me to jump. Naturally I obliged and so this morning we laced the joint! The title of the track is “24hrs To Greatness” Casper is new generation Motswako flavour and of course your boy delivered a saucy 16!! The track’ll be on Casper forth coming album “School Drop Out” See Pics of the session Here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/thasos-new-talent-casper-features-proverb-on-hot-joint/

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Thaso called me up and introduced me to a young cat by the name of Casper and played me a banger of a beat on which he mentioned they’d like me to jump. Naturally I obliged and so this morning we laced the joint! The title of the track is “24hrs To Greatness” Casper is new generation Motswako flavour and of course your boy delivered a saucy 16!! The track’ll be on Casper forth coming album “School Drop Out” See Pics of the session Here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/thasos-new-talent-casper-features-proverb-on-hot-joint/

do u charge to get on peoples joints?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

Was about to ask that too!
M Turn

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music

Nah not a session fee but I do request a percentage on the publishing dependent on my contribution.
In this case I'm entitled to 40% 

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Nah not a session fee but I do request a percentage on the publishing dependent on my contribution.

for education purposes.. .how does this publishing thing work? like how do u make dough of it...

in this case how will u make the money?

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music

for education purposes.. .how does this publishing thing work? like how do u make dough of it...

To put it simply, whenever the song is played on radio or used for an ad or played on the net or used in some marketing exercise or Promo or a video is shot and it gets rotation, I get 40% of the money made from that over and above the mechanical royalties that I'm entitled to just by virtue of being a contributor to the album. Mechanicals are percentages from each phycal copy sold. that's a standard percentage tho not up for negotiation.
Where cats go wrong in my opinion is they wanna see dough up front, this means you are payed as a session musician and it's like your contribution is bought out from you and you forfeit any publishing ownership thereafter.
Hope that makes sense.

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Check out this incredible moment yesterday on Metro Fm, where during a “high tea” interview on The Avenue (Glen Unthi & Melanie) Robert Marawa responds to a question about Music and mentions that he’s currently Blazing “ProVerb’s New Cd” Write of Pa**age” - Cla**ic Moment, even I was caught off guard! Download the clip here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/podcast-robert-marawa-bigs-up-proverb-write-of-pa**age/

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

To put it simply, whenever the song is played on radio or used for an ad or played on the net or used in some marketing exercise or Promo or a video is shot and it gets rotation, I get 40% of the money made from that over and above the mechanical royalties that I'm entitled to just by virtue of being a contributor to the album. Mechanicals are percentages from each phycal copy sold. that's a standard percentage tho not up for negotiation.
Where cats go wrong in my opinion is they wanna see dough up front, this means you are payed as a session musician and it's like your contribution is bought out from you and you forfeit any publishing ownership thereafter.
Hope that makes sense.

the same deal can be agreed with producers as well?

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music

Hope that makes sense.

Absolutely!! Cats just don't realize the value of maintaining some sort of ownership no matter how low the percentage.
They's rather get their 3 grand or 5 grand now and loose out on a potential 100Grand in 15years (not exact figures just making a point)

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Absolutely!! Cats just don't realize the value of maintaining some sort of ownership no matter how low the percentage.
They's rather get their 3 grand or 5 grand now and loose out on a potential 100Grand in 15years (not exact figures just making a point)

thanks bruv i really appreciate the sharing of information.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
But then again, some Deejays don't fill out their SAMRO forms, which means artists loose out on publishing. ICASA should tighten their legislation on that, and things can then only start improving.

Two cents' worth ;)

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
But then again, some Deejays don't fill out their SAMRO forms, which means artists loose out on publishing. ICASA should tighten their legislation on that, and things can then only start improving.

Two cents' worth ;)

this is why they're not allowed to play from disks anymore but from the system cause it records what has been played and those reports are sent to Samro!