ProVerb Music

ProVerb · 568 · 251232

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Thaso called me up and introduced me to a young cat by the name of Casper and played me a banger of a beat on which he mentioned they’d like me to jump. Naturally I obliged and so this morning we laced the joint! The title of the track is “24hrs To Greatness” Casper is new generation Motswako flavour and of course your boy delivered a saucy 16!! The track’ll be on Casper forth coming album “School Drop Out” See Pics of the session Here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/thasos-new-talent-casper-features-proverb-on-hot-joint/

sounds interesting but i dont really dont dig the concept of the title because some people will think that this dude is just trying to counterfeit kanye's swagger or some shit, u know how these ignorant fux does, but its all good man

pro i got a question, since you contributed almost everything on this album or shall i say since you done this album almost indipendntly, what happens in terms of beats and recording, do you buy beats from dudes or you compose your own beats and which recording studio do you use, is it yours or did you negotiate with some other party for the recording sessions?

and your airplay, are you the one responsible for the airplay of your music or someone else manages that kind of stuff for you and what does it take in order for a song to be played on national radio, are there any payments or compensations made in order to get the track bumped on air?

your truly mad
Hood.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
@ biz ark
yo mane how you holding down?..listen since we were on air on mamela do we go into your playlist etc?..thansk again was dope and the peeps says your hype combined with benzo makes the show dope...holler

@proverb
man i think golden shovel is dope and im from cpt...feelin him way over here...have you or are you gona do a joint with him..he is sick!!!!
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
@ biz ark
yo mane how you holding down?..listen since we were on air on mamela do we go into your playlist etc?..thansk again was dope and the peeps says your hype combined with benzo makes the show dope...holler

@proverb
man i think golden shovel is dope and im from cpt...feelin him way over here...have you or are you gona do a joint with him..he is sick!!!!

what this, some internationa prorap agent? you failed at talking so shut the f up
Hood.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
firstly you little dick riding snitch...the word fail aint in my vocab...cant fail...destined for greatness as they say.....if you set up to fail..like yourself everytime you wake up...then thats gone be the scenario...ima lyrically give you a beatdown when i come across you son...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
pro i got a question, since you contributed almost everything on this album or shall i say since you done this album almost indipendntly, what happens in terms of beats and recording, do you buy beats from dudes or you compose your own beats and which recording studio do you use, is it yours or did you negotiate with some other party for the recording sessions?

and your airplay, are you the one responsible for the airplay of your music or someone else manages that kind of stuff for you and what does it take in order for a song to be played on national radio, are there any payments or compensations made in order to get the track bumped on air?

your truly mad

Nah son the beats I negotiate resonable fees but ultimately the "Wreck'ed" Company pays it (it's all technically me paying anyway I'll explain)
I do record at home to save some costs execpt colab joints (cause I don't want cats in my house) then I book a studio usually Jazzworx who then invoice me.

As for airplay - it used to be easier to get play but it's become difficult. Now stations got all their lil quotas and listening commitees. Previously you would just give it to a dj and if they feel it they would blaze it silly. Now you gotta submit and a week later it's given a hearing by some commitee and if it's not a certail tempo or style or sound or whatever imaging the station is going for then it's considered for airplay and how much ariplay and how long etc it's really quite a discrimatory system bcause it means you can't come with new innovative styles and approaches to music "It won't fit their imaging"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:16:01 PM by ProVerb »
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Yo Pro when did u learn all this biz and do u school this young guns who still think the game is about ripping mics, I am sure u were like one of them before?
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Yo Pro when did u learn all this biz and do u school this young guns who still think the game is about ripping mics, I am sure u were like one of them before?

Son I don't know half of what I need to know but I learn everyday often the hard way.
I'm still clueless about nuff intricacies of the biz. I do share the lil I've accumulated tho and I always take the opportunity to ask & learn from the more knowledgeable!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
So DJ T-Lee has finally collected the box (Write of Pa**age CD’s) today and he’s heading to Bloem tomorrow morning. He be available from midday Saturday otherwise he’s playing at Club Ozone alongside Shakes EMI & Emjay from 21h30 till…. Hit him up direct: 073 677 4913

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

money take a pen and apaper and write down everything proverb is going to say regarding this question by this albino dude, you need it more than amy winehouse needs crack, you can also make it your course for next semester, i can be your tutor, write down this  lecturte
Hood.

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Rockin a lovely young set tonight at St Tropez see Flyer for details!! Of Course I’m gon be moving product as well so some come & get your autographed copies of the cla**ic “Write of Pa**age” Out Now!!!

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
@proverb youve been doin a lot of cd moving lately im concerned about finding out the number of cds that you printed, will u share that info with i?
Hood.

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
@proverb youve been doin a lot of cd moving lately im concerned about finding out the number of cds that you printed, will u share that info with i?

I answered you fam I said I in my own capacity have now moved about 400+
Don't how Gallo's figures stand but me myself those are the figures from my boot!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Gon Be at HHP's Celebrity Scrabble Challenge! Playing Scrabble for a worthy cause!
Of Course the movement don't stop either so if you're in and around the Fourways area in Jozi tmr Holla and come and get yours!

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
The HHP Celebrity Scrabble Challenge event was awesome got a chance to meet some serious celebs and do some major networking all while playing scrabble, and it was all for a good cause. see pics here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/hhp-celebrity-scrabble-challange-pics/

Tatum Keshwar (Miss SA)

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
The HHP Celebrity Scrabble Challenge event was awesome got a chance to meet some serious celebs and do some major networking all while playing scrabble, and it was all for a good cause. see pics here: http://www.proverbmusic.net/blog/2009/05/hhp-celebrity-scrabble-challange-pics/

Tatum Keshwar (Miss SA)

pimp  ;)