Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

African Literature

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Is it me or people don't like reading fiction 'specially  african literature mahf***as is too caught up in these american self-help gurus' shit, again maybe is an in-thing of showing sophistication damn blacks.
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Is it me or people don't like reading fiction 'specially  african literature mahf***as is too caught up in these american self-help gurus' shit, again maybe is an in-thing of showing sophistication damn blacks.

i do read a lot of biographies mostly from people that inspire me. but african literature is different in that it feels very familiar, the language how its used how they paint thier pictures. it usually takes me more time to finishe such cos i take all of that in when readin. something u cant really get readin other books. but thats me
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

i do read a lot of biographies mostly from people that inspire me. but african literature is different in that it feels very familiar, the language how its used how they paint thier pictures. it usually takes me more time to finishe such cos i take all of that in when readin. something u cant really get readin other books. but thats me
Co-sign my mans the way the pictures are being brought to you through words only that's wow africans are the best story tellers ever fcuk what you heard, ever read Wahome Mutahis' Jail bugs it's a good read too with endless humour(by the way he'a kenyan author).
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Co-sign my mans the way the pictures are being brought to you through words only that's wow africans are the best story tellers ever fcuk what you heard, ever read Wahome Mutahis' Jail bugs it's a good read too with endless humour(by the way he'a kenyan author).

will check out for him. thanks. man
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
dope thread. it would be infinitely better though (and i don't mean to steal the thread sir black!) if people gave a snippet as to why they liked that particular book, or what it shook up in 'em. i used to teach (south) african literature back when i was at the university - these lists are bringing those memories a-runnin'!  :)

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
dope thread. it would be infinitely better though (and i don't mean to steal the thread sir black!) if people gave a snippet as to why they liked that particular book, or what it shook up in 'em. i used to teach (south) african literature back when i was at the university - these lists are bringing those memories a-runnin'!  :)
@the panic what about we open a forum for literature heads(if there's such)?
@Black, better not forget jonny steinberg's the number it makes  Ross kemp's documentary look like a lullabye(spellcheck).

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Hmmmm, the ones I could think of at the moment are authors such as;

Albert Camus (Algeria/France)
   Leopold Senghor (Senegal)
   Dennis Brutus (Zimbabwe)
   Chinua Achebe (Nigeria)
   Wole Soyinka (Nigeria)
   Ousmane Sembčne (Senegal: Great film director too!)  
   Thomas Mofolo (South Africa)
   Jean-Joseph Rabearivelo (Madagascar)

Correction: Thomas Mofolo is from Lesotho  ;)

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
African Writers Series are dope. i grew up on some shits called pace-setters series.
i m checking out  a cyprian ekwensi joint right now.someone posted something about ngungi.. thats my shit.

someone just put me on ben okri(starbook) and diran adebayo. interesting thread.
Scratch Head

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Good gracious Lawd :o, The new novel called The book of the dead by Kgebetli moele is a gem and a 3rd DAYM, I recommed it to anybody even if you not into books, especially since we're are close to December 1st.  PEOPLE BUY THAT BOOK and you wont be dissapointed keeps you hooked you can finish it in a matter of few hours and still feel not satisfied. DAAAAAMN good writer from the dusty streets of the North