Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Quinton Tarantino

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
matterfact leme jus toss u this link...it basicaly talies the bulk of the films tht our beloved quintin jacks scenes and even chareacters from...original?...i think not:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=12568

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Lol @ Mrc for being sure his hero didnt jack other movies. Every director jacks movies and remake them  thats quite normal, its just hes way too overrated and critics place him in the same League as Spielberg,Coen brothers and Bruckeheimer.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
its just hes way too overrated and critics place him in the same League as ........... and Bruckeheimer.

see now tht right there is a very very very big mistake on the critics part....jerry in my opinion is in a league o his own

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
its just hes way too overrated and critics place him in the same League as ........... and Bruckeheimer.

see now tht right there is a very very very big mistake on the critics part....jerry in my opinion is in a league o his own

is Bruckheimer a director?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Oints you type like you've been drinking, I've been trying to make sense of your posts all morning

From now on people please refrain from using cellphone language, you have a f***ING FULL SIZED KEYBOARD IN FRONT OF YOU FOR GODSAKE

That not good enough for ya?

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
^^^^^

what do u mean mayn....what are u seekin clarity on?...im sencin a bit of animosity there, are u by any chance a fan o quintin? hmmmmm

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but Tarantino is a brilliant filmmaker. I don't care about his personal stuff, how many times he uses the word nigger in a movie and all types of petty shit. I'm just judging him from his work.

Anybody here seen Death Proof, dope a** movie.

A lot of filmakers refference or borrow from other movies from the past, it is a common thing. What matters is the end result. The Wachowski brothers jacked (In this case I mean JACKED) the plot for the Matrix from a Black female script writer who submitted her script as part of a competition the Wachowskis were running. Ten years or so later the Matrix was made. Even though the jacked the script, they made a brilliant movie out of it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Anybody here seen Death Proof, dope a** movie.

you cant be serious, DEATH PROOF Was Garbage...what do u find entertainin about a film whose crux is a beatup wanna be racecar driver who goes around in a fortified car and rams into bitches ???...

please answer i want to knw what u liked about tht picture ???

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I don't know if i'd call Tarrantino a 'genius', but most of his films are really good. Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are cla**ics.

From what I understand, Spike Lee said, "I'm not against the word ('nigger')... and I use it, but Quentin is infatuated with the word. What does he want? To be made an honorary black man? I want Quentin to know that all African Americans do not think that word is trendy or slick."

Tarrantino replied, "I'm writing characters. The use of the word 'nigger' is true to [Samuel L. Jackson's character]. To not have him say that would be a lie."

I'm not sure that makes Tarrantino a racist, but not being black, I guess it's irrelevant what I think :)

Here's a good article that covers the debate:
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/04.09.98/cover/nigger-9814.html

As for originality - to diss him for 'biting' from other films is silly. It's like calling Primo or Dre 'biters' for sampling old cla**ics. Tarrantino is a film nerd and references what he loves. On the whole something original comes out of it.

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
@ OINTS

This movie is deliberately designed to look like a low-grade B-flick from the 70's, and it's a guaranteed treat for that rare film fan nostalgic about that era in cinema.

Read the comments below from some reviewer, which I agree with. I think for what he intended to do, he succeeded, but as usual it will not be everyone's cup of tea.

The film starts off in an interesting way as Tarantino finally admits to his usurping of the celluloid past: Jungle Julie (Sydney Tamiia Poitier) walks into the frame and lies on the couch with an oversized photograph of Brigitte Bardot sitting in the same pose as Jungle Julie. Through this image, Tarantino is admitting off the bat that he lifts from other movies (something he should have done a long time ago). The irony comes in when he moves forward in making a film that really isn't overboard with Tarantinoesque dialogue and pop cultural explosions.

Sure, characters discuss Vanishing Point, but pop dialogue doesn't become the center of the film. In other Tarantino films, his characters and the trail of violence they follow are caricatures of the genres Tarantino loves so much. His cartoon-like version of Westerns, Kung Fu flicks, and Gangster films may turn people off as cheap, but it his extrapolation of these genres that matter. In his article "La Fiction Du Pulp: Tarantino's Trail of Bread Crumbs Leads to the French New Wave," Mick Sleeper discusses the similarities of the French New Wave auteurs and Quentin Tarantino's work: "Throughout Reservoir Dogs and especially Pulp Fiction, Tarantino experimented with genre conventions just as Godard and Truffaut had in their earliest films. Unexpected plot twists, unusual dialogue, cinematic in-jokes, and unconventional characters galore became Tarantino trademarks.

It is in Death Proof that Tarantino absolutely makes a film that shows his commentary on the films that inspired him; therefore, he is no longer ripping them off—I guess the hate mail worked. Tarantino is making a version that comments and bends the genres. In Death Proof, the slasher film merges with the racing film by making the women strong and turning the formidable knife into a muscle car. In the end, the nefarious killer of the picture shows his true colors by being a complete coward with no strength to show; this figuratively displays the death proof car as a weapon, which has been a portentous weapon that should have given away the true cowardice in the slasher's archetypes.

But this slasher has finally been forced into his comeuppance by fortuitously seeking women who represent the Russ Meyer films of the 60s—bad a** chicks that are not frazzled by violence and ready to rip shit up when necessary. With that said, the women in this film are tuff, and Zoë Bell's stunt work is incredible. There are moments during the speedy car chase that are not manipulated through editing but presented through tracking shots (not to say there were no cuts, but the longer tracking shots did make the scene extremely intense).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I enjoyed Death Proof  i thought Kurt Russel would ram and kill all them reckless bishes in that flick. Death Proof is similar to the movie  i watched as a youngin "Gladiator" whereby a mysterious car  driver  who kills reckless drivers at night by his car.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@ Mega

im pretty sure you know and have probably seen Al gore's doccie on global warming, "the Inconvinient truth", it speaks of all the threats to the world in the wake of the kinda destruction we have done to the planet, he has an array of scientists from all kinds of fields telling us of how much time we have, really grippin stuff...

now i dont knw if u knew this but there is another doccie (global warming swindel) set in the same context but its purpose was to serve as rebuttle to what Mr Gore stood to enforce in the world's people, remarkably enuf it also has scientists fom various fields who totaly dispute the claims of Al gore's panel of "know it all" men in labcoats...

the point im trying to make is tht jus because u managed to scrape the ground and dig out a movie critque tht sorta (cos he still alludes to the man's shameful biting qualities) likes Death Proof doesnt make it a good movie...i can scrape up the ground myself and find ten pple who are respected as "movie critics" and their reviews would smash the movie.....

i dont knw if u knew this but this movie whom you guys claim to be such an innovation recieved less attention overall than its other counterpart...Grind house...so by tht im sayin not tht many pple checked for it...it sold less seats...why u ask?....well probably cos its WACK...but yet again tht is my opinion (oh yeah and the ten other cats i can unearth if need be) ;)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
@ Mega

im pretty sure you know and have probably seen Al gore's doccie on global warming, "the Inconvinient truth", it speaks of all the threats to the world in the wake of the kinda destruction we have done to the planet, he has an array of scientists from all kinds of fields telling us of how much time we have, really grippin stuff...

now i dont knw if u knew this but there is another doccie (global warming swindel) set in the same context but its purpose was to serve as rebuttle to what Mr Gore stood to enforce in the world's people, remarkably enuf it also has scientists fom various fields who totaly dispute the claims of Al gore's panel of "know it all" men in labcoats...

the point im trying to make is tht jus because u managed to scrape the ground and dig out a movie critque tht sorta (cos he still alludes to the man's shameful biting qualities) likes Death Proof doesnt make it a good movie...i can scrape up the ground myself and find ten pple who are respected as "movie critics" and their reviews would smash the movie.....

i dont knw if u knew this but this movie whom you guys claim to be such an innovation recieved less attention overall than its other counterpart...Grind house...so by tht im sayin not tht many pple checked for it...it sold less seats...why u ask?....well probably cos its WACK...but yet again tht is my opinion (oh yeah and the ten other cats i can unearth if need be) ;)

lol! with that said... lets not forget then important phrase everything is relative.

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Quinton Overrated ? WOW. Rascist ? hmmm.i think Spike Lee raised the issue about him using the word NIGGER everytime.i guess everybody could reach their own conclusions,but i highly doubt he's rascist. He's a big WU-TANG fan for one.i don't think it's possible for a racist white man to be a fan of the CLAN.

Dude is nothing short of a genius. End of Story.

And a friend of the RZA---dude is responsible for the music on Kill Bill. First, I was like is it the RZA of Wu os smth :o Then I read some ish about it for confirmation

Loving that "BANG BANG...He shot me down...BANG BANG..That awful sound...BANG BANG...Ma Baby shot me Down" Love that ish...Hahaha and the instruments
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:41:06 PM by Beesting aka BusyBee »
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala