Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Book heads

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
GUYS! I know I might and maybe risk being labelled a bandwagon reader....but shiiiit that book called "The Kite Runner" is mad dope I couldn't put it down I found myself still reading at 2 in the morning cause I knocked off late from work, at some stage I was emotional weeping like a one of  oprah winfrey's audience bish....
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
GUYS! I know I might and maybe risk being labelled a bandwagon reader....but shiiiit that book called "The Kite Runner" is mad dope I couldn't put it down I found myself still reading at 2 in the morning cause I knocked off late from work, at some stage I was emotional weeping like a one of  oprah winfrey's audience bish....

Since its coming from you i'll give it a chance one day.

lol @ the crying part.

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
@RR, and to think I bought it by "chance" dawg I was looking  for Dambuza Marechera and because I couldn't find Dambuza I bumped into this book and thought to myself let me cop this because I hear good reviews about it even after buying it I was still scheptical thinkin i should have at least bought one of Mr. Mda's books but dang I flipped them pages and couldn't stop 'shit is mad powerful, poignant narrative 'specially where he witness his friend being sodomised because of him(the main character Amir) damn...maaaan some people are just gifted writers period :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:43:53 PM by Alcohol Abuser »
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-23
  • Pointin a finger on You!
    • View Profile
This H.Gibbs ish....it has hype. i wana eye it.. im  willing to pay R50 for a fong kong *embara**ed*
Dreaming in 3D

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
The books that fall into my lap are a good read!! i had a privilege to read  these fine books this year.

"There’s a part of me that thinks that The Progress Paradox should be required reading for anyone between the ages of 21 and 35. The book is about how, as things get better, the more we feel irritable and/or hopeless and/or worse about life around us. To be sure, a topic like this is bound to be resoundingly dismissed by a certain demographic (namely, the people who say—without irony—that they aren’t pessimists, just realists), but Easterbrook’s writing style is inviting and has its moments of well timed humor. There is nary a whiff of snark in this book; just a desire to get people to realize that the times we are living in are only as bad as the people who have no relation to you in any aspect of everyday life are paid to report to you"

The Pulitzer Prize-winning Guns, Germs, and Steel aims to lay out why certain societies (and continents) are successful and why others continue to fall apart very cyclically. In particular, Diamond’s writing about why Europe became powerful so easily while Africa and South America struggle mightily is particularly eye-opening. It’s eye-opening because the reasons are ones that seem so banal, like how Europe benefited greatly from the domestication of the cow and the horse and the ox. An extremely fascinating book (and one that is well written and easy to pick up), Guns, Germs, and Steel is a must-read for anyone who enjoys history, sociology, and/or anthropology. And even if you do not inherently enjoy these things, this book is akin to a fascinating documentary that you happen to stumble upon"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Been reading a lot of Crips and Bloods books.

Monster Kody's - Autobiography of an LA gang Member
Leon Bing's - Do or Die
Colton Simpson's - Inside the Crips
Stanley "Tookie" Williams - Blue Rage/  Black Redemption

Moved on to a new genre now

Now reading
Zecharia Sitchin's - The 12th Planet
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

Leon Bing's - Do or Die

Now reading

Eish MrC you too hoody on another level man,i wouldnt take it that far with the books(i keep it on the entertainment level) n all that gangbangin ish hahahahaaha,is birdman a real blood?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Leon Bing's - Do or Die

Now reading

Eish MrC you too hoody on another level man,i wouldnt take it that far with the books(i keep it on the entertainment level) n all that gangbangin ish hahahahaaha,is birdman a real blood?

hahahahaha !!! I love the West Coast and was always fascinated about why these niggaz kill each other over Colors, only to find out it's deeper than that. Those are some fascinating books though. Raw emotions and shit.They mostly have the same Theme, niggaz was killers when they were young, went to jail ,got knowledge and now they trying to change the game.

Is birdman a blood ? lol !! I don't know. I guess if he's claiming it then he is. But most cats on the West Coast don't acknowledge a lot of sets outside of LA, unless an OG from LA himself went and started that set in another City.

I know Little Wayne and Baby got rushed in Compton though, by 40 Glocc and them for claimin Blood and they woudln't even get out of their Car.

I've moved on from that phase though, now im into Sumerian Mythology and a bit of Astronomy.

Anybody got any e-book links for Astronomy literature ? I've looked to no avail. Something like "Astronomy for Dummies" would come in handy. LOL !
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:30:46 AM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
saw an episode of gangland on crimenetwork, talking bout the bloods, in Compton and this one specific chick, reformed now, but then she was feared, talking bout how she never did drive by's she straight up ask around for her target drive to where he's at walk out the car with engine running, and make sure her target sees her before firing, walk straight back up to the car and drive away, if anyone looked at her wrong while shes going to the car, she caps them too.

grimy shit

m readin Decoded by Jay-z
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

qyoo

• Guppie
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I've recently relocated to South Africa and keen to pick up some new books. Can anyone recommend any good book shops? I'm in JHB/PTA. Online stores are fine too!

I hope I'm not sending shit off topic.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
saw an episode of gangland on crimenetwork, talking bout the bloods, in Compton and this one specific chick, reformed now, but then she was feared, talking bout how she never did drive by's she straight up ask around for her target drive to where he's at walk out the car with engine running, and make sure her target sees her before firing, walk straight back up to the car and drive away, if anyone looked at her wrong while shes going to the car, she caps them too.

grimy shit

m readin Decoded by Jay-z

yeah i saw that shit. she like a triple OG or some shit. You really should read the Monster Kody book though. Dude was a Monster for real. Had his first drive by at 13 and was bucking niggaz all over the place. He actually got his name Monster from the cops at 13 after he stomped out some old dude he was trying to rob who resisted. I think the dude became paralyzed.

The thing about the LA gang phenomenon, especially COMPTON and WATTS is that they are such  small a** hoods, ~90 000 people. South Central is much bigger, so i can understand beefing with niggaz from 111 Crips(111 Avenue) if you from Rollin 20's Neighbourhood Bloods(20th Avenue). But in Compton and Watts niggaz are literally around the corner from each other.So u can't go to the McDonalds/Gas Station across the street from, cos already u're in Enemy Territory.They grew up together, went to school/church/picnics together as kids and then once they hit their early teens, they are put on into their sets and start shooting at each other.And shit just goes on and on, will and can't never STOP. U got Cousin's/ Uncles,etc in Enemy Sets and shit. CRAZY !!!

I was watching this CRIPS and BLOODS doccie called MADE IN AMERICA. good shit. they report that 15 000 people have died in the last 30 years from this shit. This is more than the conflict in Ireland. That shit is a REAL WAR !!

But the Mexicans run South LA now. 18th Street,Florencia 13, MS-13,etc.

I've recently relocated to South Africa and keen to pick up some new books. Can anyone recommend any good book shops? I'm in JHB/PTA. Online stores are fine too!

I hope I'm not sending shit off topic.

I get my books from kalahari.net. Check out Xarra books at the Newtown Precinct in Newtown, Joburg as well.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
"Yo under the street lights, shit gets precise..."

Going through these comments I can't help but think of C's verse on that In the cold of the night/ Ghetto Life track. Is any of the stuff you write related to all this gang stuff you've read/watched? Or is it all based on Soweto life with minimal influence from West Coast et al?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Currently reading Neal Stephenson - Anathem   very deep speculative fiction, the 1st 100pages were very hard going cos you have to basically learn an alien culture before you can actually get into the story, but its f***ing zinging along right now (page 300)

I can strongly recommend Jared Diamond - Guns, Germs and Steel    f***ING dense, i kept on having to reread the 20 - 35 pages prior to my stopping point to refresh my shit before continuing, even if I stopped earlier that day, and I couldnt read more than 100pages at a time without a long break, but it blew my mind, but maybe thats just because i was an impressionable student who spent of his time f***ed up, at the time.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
"Yo under the street lights, shit gets precise..."

Going through these comments I can't help but think of C's verse on that In the cold of the night/ Ghetto Life track. Is any of the stuff you write related to all this gang stuff you've read/watched? Or is it all based on Soweto life with minimal influence from West Coast et al?

Nah man. None of it is true hey. I made it all up. It's all part of the image.There's no late night gambling under streets lights/nighttime roberries/gunshots/confrontation with cops/stabbings/fights at all in Soweto. Or if there is i never saw none of it. It's a nice little town where the cops help u get your cat out of the tree.Im sure in Tembisa that shit goes on though.

I got it all from the crips and the bloods shit, which i started getting interested in last year, even though i wrote Cold of the Night 3-4 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:35:28 PM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I remember when Tookie was about to be electrocuted,the way Snoop was fighting and Canva**ing day n night to Arnold to pardon Tookie  because hes a changed man now and is writing children books in the pen and Arnold was like Nay!! but then i never realised how deep that Crip ish is to him.