Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

when did you start listening to hip hop?

Mad · 55 · 14188

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i remember the fugees being the first hip hop group to make an impact one me. after that came the wutang, snoop and em. the dogg pound, then the bad boy era.
some dude from the states came thru with a tdk tape of nas's illmatic (i asked him if the dude rapping was that young refering to nas's young picture on the cover. was in awe) i listened to the tape and it was over

was a big ragga dude before then

born jamericans
shaka demus and pliers
shabba ranks
patra
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
i remember the fugees being the first hip hop group to make an impact one me. after that came the wutang, snoop and em. the dogg pound, then the bad boy era.
some dude from the states came thru with a tdk tape of nas's illmatic (i asked him if the dude rapping was that young refering to nas's young picture on the cover. was in awe) i listened to the tape and it was over

was a big ragga dude before then

born jamericans
shaka demus and pliers
shabba ranks
patra

YHO YHO!!! what a way to get in the movement....
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
I was bumpin to all the pac, snoop west coast shit! In fact, i hated biggie and wudnt give him the time of day coz of pac! U'd b hurt at my primary talkin bout u like biggie out loud! Lol! I rememba ridin to coolio like it was yesterday! Wu and a few ny cats<black rob i c u!> were killin me late 90's. Bt i stil liked house and kwaito more. Cum 2003 wen i first heard Kweli rap! Him and mos, him and hi-tek made me fall head first and reali dig rap! Started writin seriously afta watchin common recite a poem on 'girlfriends'
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
I was bumpin to all the pac, snoop west coast shit! In fact, i hated biggie and wudnt give him the time of day coz of pac! U'd b hurt at my primary talkin bout u like biggie out loud! Lol! I rememba ridin to coolio like it was yesterday! Wu and a few ny cats<black rob i c u!> were killin me late 90's. Bt i stil liked house and kwaito more. Cum 2003 wen i first heard Kweli rap! Him and mos, him and hi-tek made me fall head first and reali dig rap! Started writin seriously afta watchin common recite a poem on 'girlfriends'

True story...
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Neva forget that shit! Black thought got murked by common for the shorti! I didnt even wait for the episode to end. Went straight upstairs and wrote my first poem! The rap came later.. I started wit poetry!

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
I was forced into hip hop actually. My older sister used to make me sit up with her while she recorded-stopped-re winded-wrote lyrics-re winded  and played again (hates those music books.) during Studio Mix. Anyways those were MC Lytes' I rock the party and Da Brat's I'm gonna give it to you. Not sure of the year though but was in primary school... Then it was down hill from there.

Mad Pyro

• EVIL RETARD
  • Guppie
    • REP: +1/-6
    • View Profile
hey yo I got bit by the bug when I first heard that boy Bis eshe its all red and blazing you dig.
THE EVILNESS IS UNRIVALED LIKE THE RETARD

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
I was forced into hip hop actually. My older sister used to make me sit up with her while she recorded-stopped-re winded-wrote lyrics-re winded  and played again (hates those music books.) during Studio Mix. Anyways those were MC Lytes' I rock the party and Da Brat's I'm gonna give it to you. Not sure of the year though but was in primary school... Then it was down hill from there.

What bout salt 'en pepper. Koli I c u on that BIG and PAC.

For me___WEST COAST put me on this ish___got an old tape from cuz wif Snoop's ol skool joints (Jin 'n Juice), Warren G and Nate on that regualte, PAc, DRe(Keep their heads wringin' and more), some POC ish.

Got introduced to NY ish by ma boys at school. Buster, ODB and the whole Wu crew.

CCV use to be dope too: Had DJ Honda ft Mos Def on that memories track (sick)....nywas... where did HONDA go. That dude who  had that "I wish I was a bit taller song..wish I was a baller" Hahaha. Public Enemy, MC Lyte (Keep on, Keeping on and Cold Rock the Party), that LATIFAH on UNITY. Many more. CCV had that raw ish on lock

Love me some ol skool

One
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I'm a mad late Bloomer when it comes to Hip Hop, Snow - Informer was ma dude! but of course it was Canibus who got me to write this is 97 or so..

:D So your Rap DNA traces back to Canibus'es nutsack. lol

I think this is a cool thread to see whose nuts we all busted out of.
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Who nut u bust out nigga? I was listenin to a joint u recorded sum time bak <basemob!!!> u sounded like jada son! Kweli gave birth to me! Even sounded exactly like dude! Damn! Influence is a great muddafuk!

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

What bout salt 'en pepper. Koli I c u on that BIG and PAC.

For me___WEST COAST put me on this ish___got an old tape from cuz wif Snoop's ol skool joints (Jin 'n Juice), Warren G and Nate on that regualte, PAc, DRe(Keep their heads wringin' and more), some POC ish.

Got introduced to NY ish by ma boys at school. Buster, ODB and the whole Wu crew.

CCV use to be dope too: Had DJ Honda ft Mos Def on that memories track (sick)....nywas... where did HONDA go. That dude who  had that "I wish I was a bit taller song..wish I was a baller" Hahaha. Public Enemy, MC Lyte (Keep on, Keeping on and Cold Rock the Party), that LATIFAH on UNITY. Many more. CCV had that raw ish on lock

Love me some ol skool

One

All of that...

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
I'm a mad late Bloomer when it comes to Hip Hop, Snow - Informer was ma dude! but of course it was Canibus who got me to write this is 97 or so..

:D So your Rap DNA traces back to Canibus'es nutsack. lol

I think this is a cool thread to see whose nuts we all busted out of.

Ish, use to love Informer.....

Informer....Imbuzi mayikhala ithi mmmeeeeeeeee......couldn't understand ish. But hey, it's music. Hahaha
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Busted out of "KURUPT" from Tha Dogg Pound.
That was my FIRST influence that made me wana write raps.

Then PAC and Jay-Z murked me for life.

Production wise it was RZA
@cash_sog

iamBakdraft

• Bakdraft
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-8
  • I'mmo gets mine...
    • View Profile
    • Iambakdraft's Blogspot
I rememba the first rap video i saw it was MC Hammer, i was chilling with my mom watching "studio mix" with Bob and melanie.... can't bliv a nigga is that old.... niway shortly after that i was introduced to basketball cats like Michael Jordan, scotty pippen and O'neal killing fell in love started changing my gear to Karl Kani, Fila, all that ish... Then O'neal started rappin thot that was cool, heard P.O.C with ishmail was shocked coz this was a south african crew, heard mischief.... On some peace to all my peps out there giving me support/ all the way from zimbabwe to cape town ports/ all the areas in between the frontline to the underground bumpin my stuff on basketball courts................. it was around 96' or 97' Norkem Park High School Talent show First time i heard "Invaders" perform Take Over.... went back home tried my first verse...... Can't blive that i still rememba that rhyme even now...... dope topic