Africasgateway.com

The Game in Joburg this Thursday

Mega · 123 · 36174

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Y'all heard?!!!

Standard Bank Arena. Tickets R150 and R180.

MTV have announced that American Rap super star, The Game, the lead artiste of Road to MAMA, an all-star concert tour that will rock Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa and Kenya in the run-up to the MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain (MAMAs).

The concerts are scheduled to take place in the two weeks prior to the MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain, starting on Tuesday, 11 November, 2008 at the Halle de la Gombe in Kinshasa, DRC, before hitting Johannesburg’s Standard Bank Arena (Thursday 13 November, 2008), Bomas of Kenya, Nairobi (Saturday, November 15, 2008) and Lagos’ Planet One (Tuesday, November 18, 2008).
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
Y'all heard?!!!

MTV have announced that American Rap super star, The Game, the lead artiste of Road to MAMA, an all-star concert tour that will rock Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa and Kenya in the run-up to the MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain (MAMAs).

The concerts are scheduled to take place in the two weeks prior to the MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain, starting on Tuesday, 11 November, 2008 at the Halle de la Gombe in Kinshasa, DRC, before hitting Johannesburg’s Standard Bank Arena (Thursday 13 November, 2008), Bomas of Kenya, Nairobi (Saturday, November 15, 2008) and Lagos’ Planet One (Tuesday, November 18, 2008).

But what the f*** with the short notice from MTV?
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile
Y'all heard?!!!

MTV have announced that American Rap super star, The Game, the lead artiste of Road to MAMA,
And golden circle????
I repeat...fcuk your couch

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
This is from the computicket website:

Information
 Description
The Game, Parlotones, HHP, Ca**ette and Jozi form part of the star studded line-up of MAMA's nominees. An evening of top entertainment, proudly brought to you by MTV and the MAMA's.

Price
PLEASE NOTE: Prices subject to change.

R180.00: Unreserved standing
R150.00: Unreserved seating
Children under 4: Free.

Doors/Gates Open
18h00

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I heard that our local artists will not be getting payed for this event.
Simply based on that, I will not be supporting this event.
Its a stand I feel we should all make.

Hiphop artists, and all South African musicians must be taken seriously.

*I listened in to Yfm when they were discussiong this event and they had Prokid on the line, he turned the event down because they told him "you will be getting EXPOSURE" and they would not pay him.

He continued to explain that MOST of the events where international artists come down here,the local artists do not get payed.

Anybody know any more information about this?
For Christs sake, he is a Nominee, but MTV still wont pay him to perform?
@cash_sog

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
@Cash. I hear you there. What exposure would Pro be getting from performing in SA? He's a big artist already. Can't believe MTV would exploit our artists this way (I'm a**uming your story is true). Pity I've already copped tickets, otherwise I'd also stay away from the gig. I like Game's music though.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
@Cash. I hear you there. What exposure would Pro be getting from performing in SA? He's a big artist already. Can't believe MTV would exploit our artists this way (I'm a**uming your story is true). Pity I've already copped tickets, otherwise I'd also stay away from the gig. I like Game's music though.

I think you should stage a demonstration and burn your tickets in front of the venue, just to show how unhappy you are with that shit.

Can't believe these f***ers. Exposure?

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

*I listened in to Yfm when they were discussiong this event and they had Prokid on the line, he turned the event down because they told him "you will be getting EXPOSURE" and they would not pay him.

He continued to explain that MOST of the events where international artists come down here,the local artists do not get payed.

Noble stand Cash, but dayum nucca, but im there mayn The GAME is in da BUILDING, lol. yeah Pro-kid good looks, i wonder y SBU was still hyping the gig even though his artist has a problem with them cats and im sure he knows about that?
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
Yeah was just bout to say some sme crazy, but realise u do have a point there cash!... and like blakes said, whu wud pro need exposure here in SA, even if its televised it will not do much to his status, MTV is taking a**, maybe smaller groups like Monopoly and them can do such i show to get their name out for free, bt f***,,,, if only everybody can boycott this shit!!! so is HHP doing it for free??

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah Cash I was also listen to Y that morning, props to Pro for turning shit down.

And he further said he does not know how did the other acts negotiate, whether they will be paid or not.

Its f***ed up for real...what they expecting artists to eat?
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Yeah was just bout to say some sme crazy, but realise u do have a point there cash!... and like blakes said, whu wud pro need exposure here in SA, even if its televised it will not do much to his status, MTV is taking a**, maybe smaller groups like Monopoly and them can do such i show to get their name out for free, bt f***,,,, if only everybody can boycott this shit!!! so is HHP doing it for free??

i doubt if there is any truth to cash's claim, or whoever said that, but anyhow ive contacted someone at MTV and they'll get back to me asap, as it stands it could have been a booking fee dispute, perhaps looking at the fact that these cats will be sent to naija also to actually attend the awards as part of the nominees, i dont know i could be wrong.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i doubt if there is any truth to cash's claim, or whoever said that, but anyhow ive contacted someone at MTV and they'll get back to me asap, as it stands it could have been a booking fee dispute, perhaps looking at the fact that these cats will be sent to naija also to actually attend the awards as part of the nominees, i dont know i could be wrong.

my 2 cents ... i dont see hhp as big as he is peforming for free... homie way past that stage. and he on the bill right? i hope its a missunderstanding
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:48:53 AM by Sir blacK the 忍者 »
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Back in the day when The essences was on 5fm and I spoke to TTP, he told me that Big Concerts do not pay local artist to open for large international acts! This was true cause they even had the dude from Big Concerts talk about this on radio. As for MTV I honestly Don't know and don't have a comment! When I spoke to Navio (Uganda) and J from Nigeria they told me that in Nigeria the local act has to be paid a minimum of 33% of what the international act is getting so do the maths if the game wants $100k then in Nigeria the local act will get paid $33k for opening! They have a music rights commit that protects artists there!

As local artists we should stand together! Exposure does not put food on the table it doesn't pay the bond for my crib! We offer a service ! We deserve to get paid!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Noble stand Cash, but dayum nucca, but im there mayn The GAME is in da BUILDING, lol. yeah Pro-kid good looks, i wonder y SBU was still hyping the gig even though his artist has a problem with them cats and im sure he knows about that?

Exposure?

Jesus wept.

Whoever is running the event should be f***ing ashamed of themselves. Is it Big Concerts? They got a rep for this sort of bullshittery. Cynical, arrogant, smarmy, f***ing....ARG.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

my 2 cents ... i dont see hhp as big as he is peforming for free... homie way past that stage. and he on the bill right? i hope its a missunderstanding

ProKid is also big and they still wanted him to perform for free or should I say for exposure SMH.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper