Mega · 123 · 36178

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
The Congress of Hiphop aka Hipkota (jokes) :D

Seriously though,I will definitely draft something up and present it to whoever may be interested in joining such an organisation. Its crutial right now.

I think we must all brainstorm on it and see the COMMON ground.Then we MUST ACT.

yeah thats wssup. LOL, Hipkota dats some funny ish, oh by the way, it turns out there is a press conference tomorrow am awaiting information on the time and venue and this question will be asked to the MTVbase guys, so lookout for that. so can we perhaps wait till after the press conference and then loose our tempers afterwards? but im for hipkota, i think that could be somethign really serious cos at least whoeva is part of it will not have to change their mind at the last minute about whetehr he getting paid o nt.

just in the name of brainstorming, what do you think the stand of record labels will be against such an organisation, because their drivers are different, they even pay to get their artists music played on radio n tv, so to them this exposure of their artist pushes the marketability of their product even more?
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I have to agree with everything Siphocashi and D-Planet have been saying here.

The thing is, by performing for free regardless of what his motivation is, Jabba is doing a lot of harm to every single up and coming artist and guys like Prokid's career. This is because they can now say, "Well HHP performs for us for free, so who the f*** are you to demand a paycheck, we can just get him again."

Now the precedent is being set that big SA acts are willing to be treated like groupies just so that they can share a stage with their American heroes. I have a lot of respect for Jabba. He is one of the nicest humblest cats in the industry, but this decision leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

By not standing together he is endorsing the exploitation of artists and making it that much harder for other artists to earn a paycheck. Every SA act that is performing there is doing the industry a disservice.

Sipho R800 to perform at Woodstock? Shit. That's less than R100 per crackboy. Bet you wish there were less of you now huh?

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

The thing is, by performing for free regardless of what his motivation is, Jabba is doing a lot of harm to every single up and coming artist and guys like Prokid's career. This is because they can now say, "Well HHP performs for us for free, so who the f*** are you to demand a paycheck, we can just get him again."

Now the precedent is being set that big SA acts are willing to be treated like groupies just so that they can share a stage with their American heroes. I have a lot of respect for Jabba. He is one of the nicest humblest cats in the industry, but this decision leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

By not standing together he is endorsing the exploitation of artists and making it that much harder for other artists to earn a paycheck. Every SA act that is performing there is doing the industry a disservice.

Sipho R800 to perform at Woodstock? Shit. That's less than R100 per crackboy. Bet you wish there were less of you now huh?

LOL, yeah thats a serious concern of Cash'. hipkota is the way to go perhaps some of our problems will be resolved. well i suppose there is some thruth to setting a precedence, but like i said because we do not know the reasoning behind his decision we cannot put him on the chopping block. lets go to the press conference tomorrow

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

gotta give u [props] there man.
Its actually -R100 from each Crackboy cos we have to cover our costs on R800(our usual costs go to approx. R1000 pershow.ie.transport,food,weed,entourage(ie.security),giveaways so we are at a loss already.
I mean we were planning to make t-shirts,banners,bandanas,hampers for fans. I mean Woodstock is a  big event!

So much for that.
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Damn! Thats a short notice! Chuck Taylor Reformed LA Gangbanger and BLACKWALL STREET Henchman in the building will try to get there.Ill report sick.Yeah!where them Golden circles @?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
it would be great to get to a place where we are in full possession of the facts of this situation but as is known it certainly wouldnt be the first time. this is known to be happening.

the question i was asking myself last night is with regards to the organisations that are already in place, created to and tasked to handle some of these questions. whats happening to make them so ineffectual. or are they. or is it that we ourselves are not engaging with the processes. are we not educating and empowering ourselves to be in full possession of the mechanisms. whats happening thats making them so seemingly absent and ineffectual. so many people have come before us, so may have walked this path. still singing the same song. what needs to be happening with the organisations in place already. when no matter what we believe at some point the self sacrifice becomes so unsustainable. when choice and circumstance means we might not all be standing in the same line fighting together. what needs to be happening at that level where recourse is not a lament but a known workable reality.

but just big ups to some of the points raised in this thread you guys.

and all respect to pro.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
^^^ We turned down Woodstock for the same reasons.

[props] to Rhoze for shouting out PRO's noble efforts and Dplanet for giving those Woodstock guys the middle finger!

@NewJack (BOOOOO) lol
@cash_sog

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
What we need to do is come together and support one another! If Ben Sharpa is having a launch we all come along and support the brother regardless of whether your a fan or not! You know Mizi stated this in one of the hype magz that we need a strong supprt system that will benefit us all! I have always supported local music before international artist! Morale Rising star- Got it Crackboys - Got most of them Sharpa -got it! Anvils- got it  Proverb- Can live with out it I even went as far as getting DA LES to show my support for local hip-hop ! Some fot he albums that I have mentioned are not even over R100! We cant say that its not affordable !

Lets work together and excel together! Enough of this pointless bullshit that we always going through! lets all make our money and then we can beef and try out do one another.

When we organize shows bring in something for everyone! Not everyone is a fan of a specific artist! bring a line up of at least 4 different artists who have different styles and can bring fans that can mix and get exposed to other artists!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I think we definitely need to do shows that attract many types of crowds(like you said, have events which feature different types of artists - a lineup like Teargas,Ben Sharpa,Crackboys,Da Les,The Anvils sounds pretty cool)
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think we definitely need to do shows that attract many types of crowds(like you said, have events which feature different types of artists - a lineup like Teargas,Ben Sharpa,Prokid,Proverb,The Anvils,HHP sounds pretty cool)
Fixed it for you, I think you made a typo.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
lol.
Ur not seeing the bigger picture.
You have already lost the "13-21" yr old market by excluding Da Les,Crackboys.

Ben,Anvils,Proverb cater for the same market
Teargas,Prokid,HHP cater for the same market

So include Da Les, Gliteratti, Crackboys as well.

More exposure and revenue for everybody. the essence of what X and I were trying to say is we must create UNITY.

Now you come and start division again?
u get a [smack] for that from everybody!!!
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm all for unity, but I think most people would agree with me when I say I don't wanna go to a gig with a bunch of kids under 18.

Not only does that come with a whole lot of regulations as far as sellling booze etc. is concerned, but I think it takes away from the whole experience cos people can't enjoy themselves as they would like cos of all the kids there.

And then I have to ask every girl I hit on how old she is first. The Crackheads and DA Les can team up with other teenybopper crews and have their gigs in a separate venue next door. Then after entertaining the kids, they can come hang with the grown folk.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
lol.
Ur not seeing the bigger picture.
You have already lost the "13-21" yr old market by excluding Da Les,Crackboys.

Ben,Anvils,Proverb cater for the same market
Teargas,Prokid,HHP cater for the same market

So include Da Les, Gliteratti, Crackboys as well.

More exposure and revenue for everybody. the essence of what X and I were trying to say is we must create UNITY.

Now you come and start division again?
u get a [smack] for that from everybody!!!

LOL. UNITY UNITY, haai let me keep quiet. LETS UNITE FELLAS hipkota

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 :D eish Pyro :D
UR a real character man.apreciate the humour :D

UNITY
VIVA HIPkota aka The Congress of Hiphop VIVA
@cash_sog