Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Weezy Interview

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I got a chance to come down to Calliope projects and Magnolia when y’all were first coming out, when y’all flew down a bunch of journalists in ‘98 or ’99. No Limit was poppin’ around that time. Y’all seemed like a smaller crew, but they seemed like an army. For y’all to do what you did, as far as becoming successful, what was the plan?

The plan? We real niggas. No plan, at all. No strategy, continue to do what we do. We never sat down and said, “You gonna do this, you gonna do that, you need to watch this.” Naw, we just did what we did and it worked.

Was there a mutual respect between Cash Money and No Limit?

I think the fact that No Limit was so wack helped us, literally. ‘Cuz they was wack and they was big and they represented New Orleans. So that automatically makes someone else from New Orleans get looked at and we was right up next. They started comparing, which was the best thing that could have happened for us. Once they started comparing they saw that there was no comparison. We have skills we could really rap, we could really do what we doing. [Master P] had a trillion rappers that probably one of them could rap and that was Mystical…and Solider Slim, they didn’t get him ‘til after. So I thank them for being so garbage.

Did y’all ever have to do shows on the same bill with them?

Yeah, but you know like, P was surrounded by artists. He had 30, 40 artists. We got 30, 40 niggas with us. We just 4, 5 deep with artists, me, Juvie, B.G., Turk, Fresh and Baby. That’s the only artists, you know? As for all these other niggas with grills and tattoos in they face, they ready to knock your motherf***in’ head off. P ain’t stupid. Like I said, he was surrounded by artists, he paid those people to be around him to rap and record and make music. Not to be a gang or go down with him when it go down. A lot of people got to look at it like that, too. Yeah, they seemed like an army, an army full of artists. Cash Money is a [real] army, we got solders.

When you were rocking with Mannie Fresh, was it getting to a point where it boxed you in creatively? You did so many joints on that same kind of rhythm…

Exactly…I’ma say, now, being the artist that I am now and knowing how creative I can be and how far you can go with your mind and your thoughts with this shit, I’ll say yeah, I was shoved in. Then I’d probably say no, ‘cuz he’s the best, but now that I’m older and see where my style has went I couldn’t possibly have got to this, doing all those songs like that. ‘Cuz to sell those songs the right way you have to do it and say it exactly.

If you were trying to spit now like you were back then…

Nah, it would sound like the Hot Boys featuring some nigga spittin’.

What was it like when you got that first beat from someone other than Fresh? You got the shackles off and you were excited?

It wasn’t never that serious. Getting all excited ‘cuz I got a beat from somebody. That’s hoe shit.

You still haven’t been on a Dr. Dre joint or is that something that you would want to do?

Um, I did. I been on a Dr. Dre joint, I wrote on [the] Detox album. I been on a collabo…um, I don’t really be trippin’ on that shit. If anything, any motherf***a can get in there and make the beat that they want. That don’t really be important to me. The music, just as long as it’s good. I got a lot of my producers; I like to mess with the dudes I came in with.

Fans are always, “Yo, Wayne gotta be on this or Nas gotta be on a Premier track, why hasn’t Jay-Z rolled with Ski…”

What the fans need to know is that niggas got prices. A lot of the songs you want a nigga on, those songs don’t meet that standard. Don’t meet that price. There’s a lot of songs I’ve recorded, hot songs out right now, that I ain’t on, ‘cuz niggas can’t do that price. We have mouths to feed, for real. A lot of times people get that f***ed up, ‘cuz we not doing what they doing everyday. We got mouths to feed.

Are you speaking on them wanting a certain amount or you wanting a certain amount?

Oh it’s never a them wanting a certain amount, ‘cuz it ain’t that serious, we don’t want you that bad on our song. It’s me. My amount. You got to meet that standard and I don’t be trying to lower it, ‘cuz one day it’s not gonna be able to be this high. So, I’ll lower it that day.

You’ve been documented as saying that you would charge your sister [$75,000 for a verse], is that a true statement?

Hell yeah. The first rule in business is there is no emotion, there is no love. It’s business.

How hard is it now to keep that same credo?

It’s not hard at all. It’s easier. It’s easier to tell you no if you about to come at me with that. Check Billboard, I’m number one right now. Respect me right now, wait for later. You want me on a song that bad respect that. I’m that nigga. You want that nigga on your song, pay for it like it’s that nigga. You go in the store and it’s that jacket that you want, leather, mink or whatever, it’s that real shit, though. Pay for it, get it.

When you go to Gucci you can’t talk them down…

Exactly. You know I ain’t about to f*** over your song. A lot of times niggas don’t be having they paper work right, though. I ain’t talking about money. Just contracts, to where they don’t even have a say so in that type of shit. Me and the artists might be cool and they’ll ask me to do a song, ‘cuz I’ma do it off top. But once they call Universal and they hit them with that price, you’ll hear that same song out with another motherf***a on it like I always do.

So there’s even more joints that you could be on?

[Eyebrows raised to express shock in the question, answers in a high pitched tone while sippin’ that drank] Mmm hmmm. [Everyone laughs] That’s the new thing right now. “Take him off, f*** it.” I done heard that on like three songs now. I listen to the radio like, “I’m on this one, cut that up.” I don’t come on that bitch, I be like dang…call Tez [Wayne’s manager] up and be like, “Nah, they did get the work right.”

Every MC that’s great, outside of sales, has had to have blood on their hands from dealing with other MCs. If you look at our generation, you look at Eminem, Jay-Z and Nas, they have all had these epic battles. Do you feel like you’re missing that from your arsenal?

I’m the new-age artist. I don’t beef. I do the song, smile, do a few dance moves, put on nice clothes, wear cologne. I don’t want to beef with you. I don’t want my music to have to go towards how I feel about you or how I feel about your music. That’s not music. Music is supposed to make the listener feel a certain way. That’s what I’m dedicated to, making your heart, making your mind, feel a certain way when you hear me. And not making a some person feel a certain way when they hear me.

So there wasn’t any strategy in you not going back at 50 Cent when he made those comments about you?

My God didn’t send me here for that, my Momma ain’t birth me for that.

What are you reading right now to help you…

I don’t read a damn thing. That’s why I don’t write music. I’m too cool to be reading and writing…I’m a very intelligent nigga. I can read like a motherf***a. I don’t want motherf***as to think I’m illiterate.

You’re in college so…

I don’t read, other than that shit.

But we talking about books for leisure.

Nah, I’ve done that like once or twice. It’s just not my thing. I’m not into made-up stories.

You know how people get together and they like, “Yo, you read…”

I’m not even in that conversation circle. That would be crazy, I can’t answer nothing so why would I sit there and talk? I ain’t read no books. I sit and watch ESPN all day. I can tell you what happened in sports. I do what floats my boat. If you trying to figure out where I get this talk, that’s me. I’m born with that. I don’t have no brothers, no sisters. My brother is 6-years-old. My dad ain’t never had one of those. And the one I called pops, he pa**ed. My momma, she do her cooking thing. I’m an intelligent nigga,. I just refuse to be dumb.

Is it because you were surrounded by…

No, ‘cuz my father made me this way. My father is God. I thank him everyday and night. I think I’m the perfect example of…of…pure. Meaning not planned, not scheduled, not practiced. You know how white people practice to be smart, intelligent and all that shit? You know as black people we like a certain child, a certain way, and all that will have you believing that you have to do that. Just like a motherf***a might think you have to train to be a great football player, and some nigga just walk on the team and catch 100 pa**es. Now we know this nigga forever, know what I mean? Shit like that so, I am the definition of pure. I have no reasons why I am the way I am. -Datwon Thomas

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=24750

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
shit!!!, talk about a pompus magalomaniac bordering heavily on narcism...and to think i was actually getting ready to give this nigga a bump and see what all the hype is about....nevadat, dumba** so called "pure" muf***a.... >:(

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Good interview - as in good questions, well researched. But Jesus, is it actually possible for someone to be this stupid?

I mean that seriously. It's almost as if Wayne is taking the piss. I mean this:

I don’t read a damn thing. That’s why I don’t write music. I’m too cool to be reading and writing…I’m a very intelligent nigga. I can read like a motherf***a. I don’t want motherf***as to think I’m illiterate.

You’re in college so…

Nah, I’ve done that like once or twice. It’s just not my thing. I’m not into made-up stories.

You know how people get together and they like, “Yo, you read…”

I’m not even in that conversation circle. That would be crazy, I can’t answer nothing so why would I sit there and talk? I ain’t read no books. I sit and watch ESPN all day. I can tell you what happened in sports. I do what floats my boat. If you trying to figure out where I get this talk, that’s me. I’m born with that. I don’t have no brothers, no sisters. My brother is 6-years-old. My dad ain’t never had one of those. And the one I called pops, he pa**ed. My momma, she do her cooking thing. I’m an intelligent nigga,. I just refuse to be dumb.

Does he not actually realise what he's saying? Can he not hear what's coming out of his own mouth? Does he actually have a brain and if so is it larger than a small walnut?

Can't believe I actually read that. Bleh.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

What was it like when you got that first beat from someone other than Fresh? You got the shackles off and you were excited?

It wasn’t never that serious. Getting all excited ‘cuz I got a beat from somebody. That’s hoe shit.
You still haven’t been on a Dr. Dre joint or is that something that you would want to do?

Um, I did. I been on a Dr. Dre joint, I wrote on [the] Detox album. I been on a collabo…um, I don’t really be trippin’ on that shit. If anything, any motherf***a can get in there and make the beat that they want. That don’t really be important to me. The music, just as long as it’s good. I got a lot of my producers; I like to mess with the dudes I came in with.

Fans are always, “Yo, Wayne gotta be on this or Nas gotta be on a Premier track, why hasn’t Jay-Z rolled with Ski…”

What the fans need to know is that niggas got prices. A lot of the songs you want a nigga on, those songs don’t meet that standard. Don’t meet that price. There’s a lot of songs I’ve recorded, hot songs out right now, that I ain’t on, ‘cuz niggas can’t do that price. We have mouths to feed, for real. A lot of times people get that f***ed up, ‘cuz we not doing what they doing everyday. We got mouths to feed.

Are you speaking on them wanting a certain amount or you wanting a certain amount?

Oh it’s never a them wanting a certain amount, ‘cuz it ain’t that serious, we don’t want you that bad on our song. It’s me. My amount. You got to meet that standard and I don’t be trying to lower it, ‘cuz one day it’s not gonna be able to be this high. So, I’ll lower it that day.

You’ve been documented as saying that you would charge your sister [$75,000 for a verse], is that a true statement?

Hell yeah. The first rule in business is there is no emotion, there is no love. It’s business.

Every MC that’s great, outside of sales, has had to have blood on their hands from dealing with other MCs. If you look at our generation, you look at Eminem, Jay-Z and Nas, they have all had these epic battles. Do you feel like you’re missing that from your arsenal?

I’m the new-age artist. I don’t beef. I do the song, smile, do a few dance moves, put on nice clothes, wear cologne. I don’t want to beef with you. I don’t want my music to have to go towards how I feel about you or how I feel about your music. That’s not music. Music is supposed to make the listener feel a certain way. That’s what I’m dedicated to, making your heart, making your mind, feel a certain way when you hear me. And not making a some person feel a certain way when they hear me.

What are you reading right now to help you…

You’re in college so…

Nah, I’ve done that like once or twice. It’s just not my thing. I’m not into made-up stories.You know how people get together and they like, “Yo, you read…”

Is it because you were surrounded by…

No, ‘cuz my father made me this way. My father is God. I thank him everyday and night. I think I’m the perfect example of…of…pure. Meaning not planned, not scheduled, not practiced. You know how white people practice to be smart, intelligent and all that shit? You know as black people we like a certain child, a certain way, and all that will have you believing that you have to do that. Just like a motherf***a might think you have to train to be a great football player, and some nigga just walk on the team and catch 100 pa**es. Now we know this nigga forever, know what I mean? Shit like that so, I am the definition of pure. I have no reasons why I am the way I am. -Datwon Thomas

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=24750

Weezy Kills me.

he is full of nonsense. One of a kind though!

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Weezy is in college? never thought someone that intelligent / stupid (depending on what you belive) can go to college.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
he talks like he raps... just a stream of consciousness / babble.

it's quite entertaining though :)

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
If ya ask me, he's right on the list with Soulja Boy.

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
And here is your Super star New Jack  :D :D :D
M Turn

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
No limit had their stay on top with them dudes Like Juvi,Mystikal and even Snoop signed to them once,I never knew Cash Money then until 2002.Hes just talking shit there.

I’m bout it>>>>>>>>>>all this swagger and baller shit happening in South ;D ;D ;D

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Weezy is in college? never thought someone that intelligent / stupid (depending on what you belive) can go to college.
I read somewhere that he has a degree in psychology

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I read somewhere that he has a degree in psychology

I would have to see registered copies of his degree and sealed academic records for me to believe that this ignoramus can have a degree in anything but bullshit.

Reading that interview was shocking.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
I wudnt b surprised if it were bout nigga havin a degree in psychology. He's mastered how to affect people. Then 'effect' them. Nigga got the music biz at his feet.. He got the artist choice/wateva award at the ema's! He cnt b all dat dumb. Can he??? 
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
True! Wudnt b surprised if it were true...
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I couldn't actually find out anywhere whether or not he has graduated, but he definitely enrolled. Someone studying at the University of Houston said that he was still enrolled at the school (3 years later), but most people seemed to think he was studying remotely online.

I saw a couple of interviews with him from a while back (before his mega-fame) where he was thoughtful and articulate. The whole babbling weeded-out bragging thing is just a front for entertainment purposes.

It's very rare that weak-minded or stupid people make it to the top because they can be too easily taken advantage of. I'm not trying to say Weezy is a genius, but he's certainly not as a dumb as he makes out. The fact that he says, 'white people practice being smart' when he's studying at University just goes to show that it's all a front.

"Over four years, he morphed from a mediocre rapper with a thuggish point of view into a savant who merges sex, drugs and politics with a sneaky intellect, a freakish knowledge of pop culture and a voice out of the Delta."

- Josh Tyrangiel, Time Magazine.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
if it were only weed, lil wayne is on that "Lean", that same shit that killed Pimp C & DJ Screw..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:05:30 AM by watziznehmegin »