Independent hip hop scene !

RuSh · 67 · 13318

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
man i was thinking about our scene and the evolution its going throug we need to get our shit in order now cos these record labels would wanna do dicatate we gotta get our own independant distribution deals even if it means networking across the country,using the net why would you want to bring someone in that have not been apart of the growth?only there when the money starts coming in
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

MentalGymnast

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://Local Men Of Mystery
Yeah the distribution network is an idea that needs to be built on. everything can be done independantly (recording, mastering, printing\pressing) but distribution is still the forte of the corporation.

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah lets do it f*** record companies out in south africa they sleeping bigtime thinking we little kids playin when we sayin we gonna run the south african scene
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
thats what im talking about mentalgymnast distibuting our own shit not depending on labels and shit masta p did allmost everything for himself why cant we
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
I´m all for that people. Count T in. The best way is to do this, then when u reach a certain level, that´s when people start paying attention-when u make the transtiion from moving 100s of units to couple of hundred thousands!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
 ;-)
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Anonymous

i can get your shit in stores in atlanta, and over in germany, austria and the netherlands, just come holler.

Anonymous

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah man we will be working on that we need to explore more into independent distribution not allowing the freemasons to run our shit
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

MentalGymnast

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://Local Men Of Mystery
Yeah, I love AG for this. Always good ideas and\or initiatives but few are taking seriously enough and all fade from memory by monday.

T you´re right about the transistion from 100´s to 1000´s, but availablity also influences popularity... Msanzi hip Hop (and African for the matter) needs a way of distributing music that works in our current environment. Heads need to put their umm...heads together and find a solution to this problem.

We need to own this.

M-Thaks the Deafening Silence

yo TNG a couple of Midrand heads and I are planning to come to your kasi for the festival, we should meet (network, swap mixtapes, talk, build the scene!) PM me if you interested.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Aight MG, check ur pm inbox.
:-Z That last point is accurate. The whole in the first place is that most of the peeps running the labels are oldies from past generations. Overseas you don´t have that kind of thing, you got youngins who influence where money should be spent in terms of promoting what people really want. E.g. Blaze if I´m correct is about the only young cat involved with BMG´s "Afican dept". Hence Cashless FINALLY getting their due distribution for Unreleased Recs after putting in work for how long?
Another thing is you can´t just take the states model and implement it here. We need to do what works for here, for instance it´s complete nonsense how we have to have a record company be the one that says how many records an artist has sold. There should be an indopendent SOundscan that can show this, that way independents doing their thing can gain their placement in stores on the basis of their "being hot" rather than "oh their from this BIG LABEL they´ll get shelf space, yet another crew with a bigger buzz and probably selling more won´t get touched coz they´re "not affiliated with a BIG LABEL NAME"

kingdavid

• AG Regular
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
ayyo TNG is telling nothin´ but the truth. record companies are sacking nigga´z paper.the only problem musicians face is the fact that major companies control the industry.2 black people who have money have a problem of not investing in their communities, in fact they chose to be accepted as rich ppl in the whit community instead of creating more black millionaires

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I disagree with the last 2 posts before me. No disrepect but I dont feel like thats the way sa hiphop or hiphop in general should be headed.

TNG you will be suprised that "overseas" hiphop is not controlled by the young guys. So dont knock the South African guys hustle. We have to start being proud of what we have and do things our ways. Sure we can look at Statesside for inspiration but please dont belittle our struggle.

Sure hiphop in the US has become an industry giant but it is not controlled by those who created it and those who live it. That is what I believe Rush was pointing out. "Old white man is running this Rap sh*t" -Mos Def

I dont have a problem with anyone getting their paper but all this Black Millionaire does not neccessarily mean GROWTH and "PLATINUM STATUS" does not guarantee quality of life. See Patrice Motsepe is a billionare, Cyril Ramaphosa and other numerous BLACK politicians but the lives of the ordinary people of South Africa has not improved.  

US Hiphop or rather Commercial-Rap has created all these "Hiphop Moguls" like Puffy, Russel & Master P and they are getting their paper, we see them flossing on MTV Cribs but how do they give back to their communities. The "American Dream" is cool and we all want to have it but if you think about it, its not really possible and thatīs why we have problems like kids who should be in school "hustling drugs", ghettos and all that.

Like I said no beef, but thatīs how I see things. Please go ahead and state  yours because I am open for debate.

We cant start "our" industry on the wrong footing.
ABAC - A change gon come!