Africasgateway.com

I WANT SAMPLES!!! SOUNDS!!!

Prof. X (of The B.e.et Academy)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Okay, firstly, when I say samples, I mean sounds... Like a single piano key or kick or a snare, maybe a guitar riff, whatever... Gimme sights.

DO NOT Give me hiphopstreet.blogspot.com or anything I have to sign up for, please.

This would be of help to anyone else who wants to compose from scratch. Don't get me wrong, sampling is tha s*** but I need beats I can call my own, entirely. Even if it's one or two.

Post packs, mp3s or links, please. If you have any acapellas that can be sampled as well, hand 'em over, lol.  ;).

Get at me... Spread the knowledge.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
lmao...''beats i can call my own''

i bet the 1st hiphop trak u heard was a straight jacked loop...and all your favourite producers straight up sample and charge 100K per beat....

nway, dnt u use reason? the sound bank has nice redrum sounds and all....
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Yo Myth, no beef, just let me know when you starting hearing more than 10% of The Neptunes' containing samples from other joints. ;D

Anyways... Thanks for the Reason tip but thing is, I need more than that. I need a "different" sound from the programs I have i.e. Fruity 7 and Reason 3.

Got any sites or packs you can lace me wit'?

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
lmao...''beats i can call my own''

nway, dnt u use reason? the sound bank has nice redrum sounds and all....
[/quote

even with those, homey doesnt have that much of a chance to call those original cos they are recoreded drum drops. they guys at propellorheads get live musicians to play all those drops and they record them into their soundbank, so in a way you are still using sampled sounds.

Thanks for the Reason tip but thing is, I need more than that. I need a "different" sound from the programs I have i.e. Fruity 7 and Reason 3.

you are the first person i know of that is so quick to chuck away reason sounds and the quality therein, that leads me to think that you are yet to fully explore and realise the full capability of that programme. truth is the drum samples in reason' sound bank are among the best in the world, you can manipulate them at will until u get the exact right sound you are looking for. maybe youve just been using the hiphop kit for too long and automaticly a**umed that there was nothing more to the programe

but if u still adamant u need "sumin new" ima send u some J Dilla drum packs later tonight... ;)...........but learn your programme dun.....

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Finding sounds on your own is more interesting than..asking everybody else for websites or sound banks and all. The funn of it is to able to find stuff on your own. Cats r gonna give u FL Studio sounds....which I'm not in favour of.  One thing I've notice, u not gonna find dope sounds if u sit on your behind and download sounds from internet....u just gonna find some common stuff.....go out and buy records, I'm promise u...u gonna find dope dope shit.
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com

He ntate! Explore Fruity Loops you'll be suprised at what you can make.

I just Made this now. and I just a part that has all the sounds I used. Incase sum1 wants to loop it.
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
@Oints... Please do send that pack. I use all sounds,not just the hip-hop kits. But yeah... Do that,please.

I know the potential that both Reason and Fruity have and I never overlooked that for one moment... I just needta branch out a bit if you get what I'm saying.

And for the whole "propellerhead people getting musicians",I understand but I don't consider those samples.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
what are they?
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Buddy you bein lazy, what you're looking fa is actually really easy to find, and you don need to sign in for hiphopst.blogspot.com. Come now a little work doesnt hurt anyone.

Zeb

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-15
  • Zeb
    • View Profile
    • African Monopoly
Im falling in love with sampling -
but yeah - this is where I get all my soundfonts from to make beats like this:
http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/
"free soul thts why ill never sell it"
and thats my word...
www.myspace.com/afmp
www.afmp.co.za
sales@afmp.co.za
info@afmp.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22687317915

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Pheew... At last. Thanks Zeb. Uhm, guyz, I think I need to make things clear... I WANT A DIFFERENT SOUND from my usual stuff.

I think I also needed to specify ish... I actually wanted like certain sounds. A Dilla pack like Oints suggested,websites...

Oh can I just give a specific request. Anyone got 9th Wonder's,Marco Polo's,The Alchemist's and Hi-Tek's kits? PLEASE!!!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Pheew... At last. Thanks Zeb. Uhm, guyz, I think I need to make things clear... I WANT A DIFFERENT SOUND from my usual stuff.

I think I also needed to specify ish... I actually wanted like certain sounds. A Dilla pack like Oints suggested,websites...

Oh can I just give a specific request. Anyone got 9th Wonder's,Marco Polo's,The Alchemist's and Hi-Tek's kits? PLEASE!!!

since u did say please  ;), but yeah, i got u dun....i hooked up a zip of ninth's drums, dillas and hitek with notz...im sure youl have a blast with these...ONE  ;)

LINK REMOVED/download/5196000142984fc2/ (drum packs)

Zeb

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-15
  • Zeb
    • View Profile
    • African Monopoly
dude you the BOSS
"free soul thts why ill never sell it"
and thats my word...
www.myspace.com/afmp
www.afmp.co.za
sales@afmp.co.za
info@afmp.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22687317915

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
i bet i can beat that....hehehehe